Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: INSTANT CONTENDERS!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

coolhandluke

Starter

« : March 03, 2007, 03:17:02 PM »

What the Jeff Garcia deal does is it makes us an instant contender. After hearing and watching the Eagles get better each week with Garcia and the players talking about his Leadership and how tough he is, just makes you realize we have gotten the best FA we could get.

His leadership along with Brooks and Alstott will carry this team to the playoffs.

Watch this team come together during camp and preseason.. it will be fun to watch

« #1 : March 03, 2007, 03:18:39 PM »

Garcia to CJ!!!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 03, 2007, 03:19:23 PM »

Are you serious? We have a long road to travel before being called contenders, my friend. Contenders mean you actually have improved to the point where you can compete with the higher levels of teams in the league. Right now, I don't think we can do that.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #3 : March 03, 2007, 03:20:09 PM »

Take a look at the eagles then take a look at us, our roster has many more holes than theirs had, and add to the fact we have a young inexperienced line that will be great but isnt right now, Garcia could be a complete non-factor here, now i'm as optamistic as u but you have to be real, one 37 year old QB doesnt label you a contender.

catch2355

Practice Squad

« #4 : March 03, 2007, 03:20:14 PM »

What the Jeff Garcia deal does is it makes us an instant contender. After hearing and watching the Eagles get better each week with Garcia and the players talking about his Leadership and how tough he is, just makes you realize we have gotten the best FA we could get.

His leadership along with Brooks and Alstott will carry this team to the playoffs.

Watch this team come together during camp and preseason.. it will be fun to watch

you are an idiot....we are probably better but our defense is still not very good. having a new qb doesnt make us a better team on defense

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 03, 2007, 03:20:44 PM »

I think we'll be a contender. I think the FA acquisitions and draft will get us right back
to being a team to reckon with in our division. I hope.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 03, 2007, 03:21:44 PM »

Have to say I agree cool. But need to address some O-line and D-line woes as well before shopping for hotel rooms at the Super Bowl. These moves do serve notice, though, that Bucs should be on the way up with a vengeance this season. Very impressed that Eagles with Garcia won 3 straight division road games last year to make it to the playoffs.
Allen and Gruden definitely are loading up the cannons on the pirate ship and it's time to raise that battle flag! Can't wait for this season.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 03, 2007, 03:23:23 PM »

They need to make a play-off push. If they don't, some realtor in Tampa will have a great story to tell. "Coach Gruden used to live in this house....." ;)

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 03, 2007, 03:23:33 PM »

you are an idiot....we are probably better but our defense is still not very good. having a new qb doesnt make us a better team on defense

WTF is your problem?  You can't disagree with the guy w/o insulting him?  You're a tool.

And Cool, I agree.  Garcia will beat out Simms (assuming we don't trade him) and lead the Bucs to the playoffs.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
« #9 : March 03, 2007, 03:24:08 PM »

Garcia is a stopgap QB. If Plummer comes to his senses Gracia won't be the starting QB in tampa next season. Don't confuse his success in Philly with success in Tampa. Philly has a better OL and Brian Westbrook.

Now if we make a few FA acquisitions on the OL, TE and Wr then I'd agree with  you. Garcia alone doesn't make us a contender again. Take your rose colored glasses off already.

« #10 : March 03, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »

nfc is wide open.... as for the AFC, that is a different story.

catch2355

Practice Squad

« #11 : March 03, 2007, 03:24:43 PM »

WTF is your problem?  You can't disagree with the guy w/o insulting him?  You're a tool.

And Joe, I agree.  Garcia will beat out Simms (assuming we don't trade him) and lead the Bucs to the playoffs.

and by the way im not saying that we wont be contenders but i dont think just the signing of garcia makes us "instant contenders"

no this guy just pisses me off look at some of his other threads he my friend is the tool

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 03, 2007, 03:27:06 PM »

I'm always optimistic. It's my nature. If the Bucs DON'T improve and stink it up, I'll
get over it. But for me, it's more fun to be positive about what night happen this
season. I'm not a whiner. Unlike some here. And I'm realistic too. But this is
football and not real life so I can afford to dream.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 03, 2007, 03:28:44 PM »

Garcia and CJ plus the FA moves and the easier schedule.. Yes we are contenders..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

catch2355

Practice Squad

« #14 : March 03, 2007, 03:28:49 PM »

I'm always optimistic. It's my nature. If the Bucs DON'T improve and stink it up, I'll
get over it. But for me, it's more fun to be positive about what night happen this
season. I'm not a whiner. Unlike some here. And I'm realistic too. But this is
football and not real life so I can afford to dream.

ya last year i was super optimistic and then when we started doing so bad i got super crushed and it was awful so this year im going to try and be very realistic. not pessimistic or optimistic but try and think real
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: INSTANT CONTENDERS!!! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools