Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: INSTANT CONTENDERS!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 03, 2007, 03:31:01 PM

Again, one or two players isn't going to change a system. There needs to be a lot of work done before people start chiming in about play-off possibilities. It's the off-season. Every team thinks they're play-off bound. Even the Lions fans think they will raise the Lombardi next season.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 03, 2007, 03:32:09 PM

Acquiring some of these players doesn't make a team instant contenders any more than winning the first game of the season does.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 03, 2007, 03:32:30 PM

Plummer doesn't want to play in Tampa. He's made that quite clear by his actions.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 03, 2007, 03:32:57 PM

Garcia gives us a nice shot at mediocrity and Gruden a chance to talk about improvement and keep his job. That's what he does.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 03, 2007, 03:33:53 PM

I'm always optimistic. It's my nature. If the Bucs DON'T improve and stink it up, I'll
get over it. But for me, it's more fun to be positive about what night happen this
season. I'm not a whiner. Unlike some here. And I'm realistic too. But this is
football and not real life so I can afford to dream.

ya last year i was super optimistic and then when we started doing so bad i got super crushed and it was awful so this year im going to try and be very realistic. not pessimistic or optimistic but try and think real

You were crushed but you got over it. Nothing wrong with being optimistic. It really doesn't
hurt you if they wind up sucking. Now, if you're dreaming about some unrealistic job or woman
and you get neither, THEN the high hopes might do some damage to your ego. I know the
feeling with those.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 03, 2007, 03:34:10 PM

What the Jeff Garcia deal does is it makes us an instant contender. After hearing and watching the Eagles get better each week with Garcia and the players talking about his Leadership and how tough he is, just makes you realize we have gotten the best FA we could get.

His leadership along with Brooks and Alstott will carry this team to the playoffs.

Watch this team come together during camp and preseason.. it will be fun to watch

WOW! Easy on the kool-aid buddy

Baghead #2

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 03, 2007, 03:34:54 PM

Garcia plus other key acquisitions may give us a chance at the playoffs next year.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 03, 2007, 03:37:50 PM

Don't let me bring up the Saints and Jets.. Both 4-12 and playoffs within the next year..  We can do it also.

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 03, 2007, 03:38:15 PM

Garcia plus other key acquisitions may give us a chance at the playoffs next year.

You assume Garcia will still be functioning next year. Big assumptions.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 03, 2007, 04:05:04 PM

As long as the Bucs are in the NFC, playoffs are a posibility every year.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 03, 2007, 04:10:47 PM

Garcia and CJ plus the FA moves and the easier schedule.. Yes we are contenders..

That is assuming we get CJ. There is guarantee that he will be there at #4. If the Bucs truely covet CJ then a trade up might have to be contemplated.

T

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 03, 2007, 04:11:32 PM

I hope everyone tempers their excitement for Garcia. The Bucs don't have the offensive talent around Garcia that the Eagles had around him so either he or Simms whoever wins the starters job will still struggle. Our offensive line is still shaky our running game was up and down all year last year, and I didn't even mention how the Defense got pushed around last year by mediocre offenses(Carolina,Pittsburgh,Baltimore) The Buccaneers won't be a contender until they shore up the offensive and defensive lines.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 03, 2007, 04:21:42 PM

I hope everyone tempers their excitement for Garcia. The Bucs don't have the offensive talent around Garcia that the Eagles had around him so either he or Simms whoever wins the starters job will still struggle. Our offensive line is still shaky our running game was up and down all year last year, and I didn't even mention how the Defense got pushed around last year by mediocre offenses(Carolina,Pittsburgh,Baltimore) The Buccaneers won't be a contender until they shore up the offensive and defensive lines.

If you mean recievers, the Bucs WR core is just as good if not better. Caddy and Pittman is the equivalent of Westbrook. THe only thing Philly has that the Bucs dont have is an O-line and hopefully that changes with the fourth overall.

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

#28 : March 03, 2007, 04:37:17 PM

1st of all don't sit there and say a "key" FA acquisition can't turn things around...
Look at the Saints...
Key acquisition last year was Brees, and a steal in the draft w/ Bush...
Look where that got them...

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#29 : March 03, 2007, 04:38:55 PM

What the Jeff Garcia deal does is it makes us an instant contender. After hearing and watching the Eagles get better each week with Garcia and the players talking about his Leadership and how tough he is, just makes you realize we have gotten the best FA we could get.

His leadership along with Brooks and Alstott will carry this team to the playoffs.

Watch this team come together during camp and preseason.. it will be fun to watch

you are an idiot....we are probably better but our defense is still not very good. having a new qb doesnt make us a better team on defense

WTF is your problem?  You can't disagree with the guy w/o insulting him?  You're a tool.

And Cool, I agree.  Garcia will beat out Simms (assuming we don't trade him) and lead the Bucs to the playoffs.
Irony????
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: INSTANT CONTENDERS!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools