Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Dat say gonna beat dem Saints! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 08, 2010, 12:59:51 PM

You lamers should be happy a team in your division won the superbowl.   Now the Bucs get 2 shots at the superbowl champion next year.   Don't be so petty.  Just because your team is horrible beyond compare doesn't mean you can't be happy for other teams that have a coach who learned all he knew from Gruden.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 08, 2010, 01:08:19 PM

"your" team?

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 08, 2010, 01:28:06 PM

Who dat?

Bucs dat!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 08, 2010, 04:16:53 PM

Ya, I'll have to see how the teams build in the off season.� Can't root for the Saints again since they already won a superbowl.� �My support brought them one trophy, that's enough.

How about those..SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS! They haven't won one yet. At least they're not in the Bucs division so you don't seem like a complete **CENSORED**bag....wait, yeah...you still do but hey, whatever.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 08, 2010, 04:24:08 PM

Java has some of the most entertaining threads on here!

I knew Gru and Payton were tight; Payton also has some of Parcells' philosophy.  It's great they won if the Bucs couldn't compete - good for Payton, NO, and the Saints.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 08, 2010, 04:29:18 PM

lol... how can someone be so lame and be so content with it?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 08, 2010, 04:32:23 PM

lol... how can someone be so lame and be so content with it?

He likes the attention...I don't believe for a second he really believes the stuff he writes, he just posts stuff to get everyone riled up and get his view count/replies up.

Like a fish to bait, I always seemed to get reeled in by his nonsense. Still it's all in fun, right?

Bucfanut

Starter

#22 : February 08, 2010, 04:46:02 PM

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2010/02/saints-coach-sean-payton-credits-former-bucs-coach-jon-gruden.html

Wasn't pretty much indifferent to this game but, happy for those Saint fans who've supported the team through all those horrid years, it's similar to how we suffered only they started 9 years before us and it took them 15 years longer to win it all. Hopefully we win our 2nd before they do.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 08, 2010, 05:11:01 PM

Hmmm lets see Raheem and the Bucs beat the SUPER BOWL Champs in the Saints!!!  Has Gruden ever done that???  I can't think of a time he has so hmm maybe Raheem has already passed Gruden up in that!!

PAyton is a Parcells guy, Gruden is just a media attention biatch that knows a better coach when he sees one!!  Hell he was probably asking to be a water boy or janitor just to say he was part of that team!!

Bucfanut

Starter

#24 : February 08, 2010, 05:16:47 PM

Actually he kinda did beat a superbowl champ...in Superbowl 37, for whatever that's worth..kind of a good moment to be a Buc fan for those who've forgotten. Did he ring your doorbell and run away or call you and ask if your fridge was running ?

Ludicrous Speed

Starter
#25 : February 11, 2010, 08:50:44 AM

LOL how so.

Hey, aren't you Cody's brother from another mother?  Thought so.

But to answer your question that inquiring minds like yours want to know, I believe that Gruden had a strength when it came to scheming - he was good at designing plays that exploited matchups that favored us.  After we won the Superbowl and Malcolm began to fade into the background, turning the keys over to Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dummy, they didn't do a good job of spending what the salary cap allowed in order to replenish a team whose window of opportunity had closed due to the age of the team's star players and a loss of high draft picks.  The fact that the Bucs were as competitive as they were considering what that coaching staff had to work with was a testament to Gruden & his staff overachieving, given the overall lack of talent. 

Meet the new bossSame as the old boss

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#26 : February 08, 2010, 07:19:20 PM

The guy who hops from one team to the next only rooting for the winners is actually the biggest loser of them all. Those who stay loyal through the good and bad are the ones who are winners.

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 08, 2010, 07:31:30 PM

The guy who hops from one team to the next only rooting for the winners is actually the biggest loser of them all. Those who stay loyal through the good and bad are the ones who are winners.

+1

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#28 : February 08, 2010, 07:51:23 PM

Yeah! I feel like a 3-13 WINNER! Woo-Hoo!!!

I'm really looking forward to next year, and hoping I can step up to a 4-12 WINNER!

Bring back Culverhouse, so we can separate the bandwagon fans from the WINNERS!!!

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 08, 2010, 10:25:08 PM

Java always brings something to keep the boards charged...OBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Dat say gonna beat dem Saints! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools