Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HAITI MAN SURVIVES BURIED FOR 4 WEEKS...says man in white coat brought him water « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

: February 09, 2010, 09:43:39 PM

I thought this was pretty fascinating, it really makes you wonder. Mainly the part about a man in white clothing would occasionally bring him water. They say he could've been hallucinating, I on the other hand beg to differ.

Man 'buried under rubble for four weeks' found alive in HaitiSophie Tedmanson

The 28-year-old, identified as Evans Muncie, was found under the remains of the Croix Bossal market where he sold rice. He had not been seen since the 7.0 magnitude earthquake levelled the city on January 12, killing over 200,000 people.

Mr Muncie was discovered by people who had been digging at the marketplace. He was taken to an American field hospital in Port-au-Prince where he was treated for severe dehydration and malnutrition.

Doctors said Mr Muncie was very disorientated and at times thought he was still under the rubble while he was being treated at the tent hospital.

His mother said: "I thought he was dead, but God kept him from dying."

Dr Mike Connelly told CNN, the American news network: "He was emaciated. He hadn't had anything in quite some time. He had open wounds that were festering on both of his feet."

According to CNN, Mr Muncie told doctors that somebody in a white coat had occasionally brought him water, however it is not known whether he had been hallucinating.

He also said he could hear bulldozers around him working to demolish damaged buildings while he lay underneath the rubble near by.

Dr Connelly said Mr Muncie must have had access to water to have survived the entire four weeks trapped under a building.

"Initially, I'm sure he had his senses with him, so maybe he was able to find some kind of resources," Dr Connelly told CNN.

The US network showed photographs of Mr Muncie being treated by doctors.

Despite the Haitian Government calling for an end to search and rescue operations on January 23, survivors continued to be pulled from the rubble in the following days.

On January 27, 16-year-old Daline Etienne was rescued from beneath the debris of her house, 15 days after the earthquake had forced the building to collapse on top of her.

The rescue of the teenager, who appeared in relatively good health, was deemed a miracle.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 09, 2010, 09:47:15 PM

Interesting.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 09, 2010, 09:52:53 PM

I on the other hand beg to differ.

Why is that?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 09, 2010, 09:58:55 PM

Absolutely amazing...

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 09, 2010, 09:59:32 PM

Why is that?

I don't believe he was hallucinating, I believe that someone or something was bringing him water during that 4 Week period. Your body can't go without water for that long, not even for a week it's suppose to.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 09, 2010, 10:02:15 PM

Why is that?

I don't believe he was hallucinating, I believe that someone or something was bringing him water during that 4 Week period. Your body can't go without water for that long, not even for a week it's suppose to.

I doubt a guy was just bringing him water, and walking away, not letting anyone know he was there.  I do believe he may have found some resevoir of water somewhere, and was using it to keep him alive.  Stranger things have happened...

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 09, 2010, 10:08:19 PM

Anybody ever hear of divine intervention. Someone in a "white coat" would bring him water. Anybody ever hear of the Bible?

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#7 : February 09, 2010, 10:15:19 PM

Sometimes it's okay to break the 'yellow snow' rule. But if anyone asks, just say a lab technician looking dude brought you beverages.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 09, 2010, 10:16:23 PM

Anybody ever hear of divine intervention. Someone in a "white coat" would bring him water. Anybody ever hear of the Bible?

I guess the other two hundred and thirty thousand people were on his **CENSORED** list.

Stratobuc

Starter
#9 : February 10, 2010, 12:30:34 AM

That is just amazing. Obviously, that man had faith in something to survive. Just incredible.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 10, 2010, 01:41:26 AM

miracles do happen

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 10, 2010, 01:45:15 AM

They found the guys who were helping him.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 10, 2010, 02:25:35 AM

They found the guys who were helping him.

This calls for an obligatory Clayton Bigsby reference.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 10, 2010, 02:40:01 AM

I guess the other two hundred and thirty thousand people were on his crap list.

Exactly.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 10, 2010, 02:44:53 AM

The Lord works in mysterious ways.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HAITI MAN SURVIVES BURIED FOR 4 WEEKS...says man in white coat brought him water « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools