Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HAITI MAN SURVIVES BURIED FOR 4 WEEKS...says man in white coat brought him water « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#15 : February 10, 2010, 10:59:35 AM

Anybody ever hear of divine intervention. Someone in a "white coat" would bring him water. Anybody ever hear of the Bible?

They found the guys who were helping him.

This calls for an obligatory Clayton Bigsby reference.

LMAO, thank you sir.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : February 10, 2010, 11:05:00 AM

Anybody ever hear of divine intervention. Someone in a "white coat" would bring him water. Anybody ever hear of the Bible?

Yeah, heard of it (the Bible). Curious if this white coat dude who you're insinuating is some biblical character was responsible for the earthquake bring death, destruction, pain, and suffering as well as bring this guy h20.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 10, 2010, 11:57:06 AM

LOL

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 10, 2010, 01:18:35 PM

Yeah, heard of it (the Bible). Curious if this white coat dude who you're insinuating is some biblical character was responsible for the earthquake bring death, destruction, pain, and suffering as well as bring this guy h20.

I don't think it works that way. One side always gets the credit for things that go well, the other side always takes the blame for things that are wrong. In other words, the same system you use for Democrats and Republicans.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 10, 2010, 02:52:17 PM

If, by divine intervention, you mean something non-human (angel, spirit, etc...) intervened, I'm open to it. I've heard of things like that and they're hard (not impossible) to explain. Now, if you're saying it was God or Jesus, I have a problem with it. That's just me.

Is it impossible to survive that long without water? I don't think so.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#20 : February 10, 2010, 03:39:33 PM

If, by divine intervention, you mean something non-human (angel, spirit, etc...) intervened, I'm open to it. I've heard of things like that and they're hard (not impossible) to explain. Now, if you're saying it was God or Jesus, I have a problem with it. That's just me.

Is it impossible to survive that long without water? I don't think so.

Im not saying that it was God or Jesus, but more so that it "might' have been a Angelic being or spirit. There has been 100's of thousands of people that have witnessed to such things that have taken place. Only one has to be right out of that vast majority of people for it to be true. Angels in the bible have been described as wearing white garment or clothing. Im not saying that it was nor do I know for sure that it was an Angel, but there is always that possibility. If it were the case that it was something not of this world that watched over him, to say that those other 230,000 people were spit out of luck is not a fair assessment. Things happen for a reason that we cant NEARLY comprehend.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#21 : February 10, 2010, 03:51:16 PM

Tectonic plates slide over each other slowly. The build up enough pressure to overcome friction then move suddenly. Quite comprehensible, really. Two hundred thirty thousand people are dead, one lucky man is not. Deciding that this is due to some supernatural being is what is not a fair assessment.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : February 10, 2010, 03:53:15 PM

too many sci-fi movies seen by some of our mb members.....

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#23 : February 10, 2010, 04:10:15 PM

Tectonic plates slide over each other slowly. The build up enough pressure to overcome friction then move suddenly. Quite comprehensible, really. Two hundred thirty thousand people are dead, one lucky man is not. Deciding that this is due to some supernatural being is what is not a fair assessment.

Apparently you dont watch much news, there have been over 150+ survivors that they have pulled from demolished buildings. Some been buried for a few days, some buried for a few weeks. So its no "one" lucky man, its over 150. I didnt say that this man survival was thanks to a supernatural beiing, but that it was a "possibility". So get it right. Im sorry that I dont have any atheistic views.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#24 : February 10, 2010, 04:51:31 PM

Im sorry that I dont have any atheistic views.

Nor do I. I do, however, employ logic. Whether it be one or one hundred, if you're going to give a supernatural being credit for saving them, you also must question why that same being killed, or at least chose to allow to die, the rest.

The old standby "The Lord works in mysterious ways" logic really doesn't cut it, it's pretty much the same as saying that I can't understand magic. You take the good with the bad. Either he's responsible or he's not. Tens of thousands of people starve to death every day. You can't shirk the responsibility for that and then point to one good thing and proclaim how mighty your god is.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#25 : February 10, 2010, 05:45:17 PM

Nor do I.

Well, apparently you do. Look, we can argue or debate this for weeks and we would'nt get anywhere. The fact of the matter is whatever I say or do, you will still have your beliefs and mindset and I will still have mine. I'll just leave it at that. This is'nt the time or place.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#26 : February 10, 2010, 05:51:05 PM

Nor do I.
Well, apparently you do.

Because if I don't share your exact opinion, surely I must be an atheist...

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 10, 2010, 06:17:28 PM

Nor do I.

Well, apparently you do. Look, we can argue or debate this for weeks and we would'nt get anywhere. The fact of the matter is whatever I say or do, you will still have your beliefs and mindset and I will still have mine. I'll just leave it at that. This is'nt the time or place.

Why did God kill the other 200,000+ people? Can you answer that Mr. Robertson?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 10, 2010, 07:26:56 PM

I am not a religious person or a believer. I have a question which kind of correlates to this thread. Who do people pray to get healthy like when they have cancer if God supposedly does everything and gave it to that person in the first place? I could just not fully understand or am just not too sure.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#29 : February 10, 2010, 07:50:55 PM

I am not a religious person or a believer. I have a question which kind of correlates to this thread. Who do people pray to get healthy like when they have cancer if God supposedly does everything and gave it to that person in the first place? I could just not fully understand or am just not too sure.

Nor do I.

Why did God kill the other 200,000+ people? Can you answer that Mr. Robertson?

Why dont you ask him yourself Bill Maher.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HAITI MAN SURVIVES BURIED FOR 4 WEEKS...says man in white coat brought him water « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools