Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HAITI MAN SURVIVES BURIED FOR 4 WEEKS...says man in white coat brought him water « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 10, 2010, 07:53:52 PM

Tectonic plates slide over each other slowly. The build up enough pressure to overcome friction then move suddenly. Quite comprehensible, really. Two hundred thirty thousand people are dead, one lucky man is not. Deciding that this is due to some supernatural being is what is not a fair assessment.

Apparently you dont watch much news, there have been over 150+ survivors that they have pulled from demolished buildings. Some been buried for a few days, some buried for a few weeks. So its no "one" lucky man, its over 150. I didnt say that this man survival was thanks to a supernatural beiing, but that it was a "possibility". So get it right. Im sorry that I dont have any atheistic views.

Divine intervention just doesn't exist in the New Testament except for the works of Jesus as a human.

Unless you want to believe the old testament word for word and believe that you should:

�If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.� - Deuteronomy 25:11-12

Divine intervention and using the excuse of "god works in mysterious ways" is pretty much an evangelical and catholic thing made up pretty recently. That's how you get idiots praying for specific items. That's how you get people to convert when they think the more the pray, the better of a chance they get towards something. That's just not how it works.

If people want to believe in the kind of God there was in the old testament, they'd blame haiti for bringing this upon themselves. When God wiped out the rest of the world and saved Noah, he did so because the rest of the world was corrupt. Are you saying this water deprived guy who had a bunch of hallucinations was Noah, and the people who died in Haiti were the bad ones?

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

#31 : February 10, 2010, 08:07:07 PM

I am not a religious person or a believer. I have a question which kind of correlates to this thread. Who do people pray to get healthy like when they have cancer if God supposedly does everything and gave it to that person in the first place? I could just not fully understand or am just not too sure.

I would recomend that you read the book, CANCER:Step outside the Box, written by Tye Bollinger. He lost 7 of his family members due to cancer, including both his mother and father. So he decided to do something about. through years of research he decided to write this book to inform others about what causes Cancer, what YOU can do to prevent it, and also treat it with Alternative Medicine without further damaging your body with Chemo, Radiation or Surgery. He also talks about the conspiracy within the medical and pharmaceutical industry of what is a MULTI Billion dollar industry when it comes to treating Cancer. Excellent book.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 10, 2010, 08:10:57 PM

Not the answer I was looking for but still an interesting one

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 10, 2010, 08:43:13 PM

I am not a religious person or a believer. I have a question which kind of correlates to this thread. Who do people pray to get healthy like when they have cancer if God supposedly does everything and gave it to that person in the first place? I could just not fully understand or am just not too sure.
Im sorry that I dont have any atheistic views.

Nor do I.

Well, apparently you do. Look, we can argue or debate this for weeks and we would'nt get anywhere. The fact of the matter is whatever I say or do, you will still have your beliefs and mindset and I will still have mine. I'll just leave it at that. This is'nt the time or place.

Why did God kill the other 200,000+ people? Can you answer that Mr. Robertson?

Why dont you ask him yourself Bill Maher.

I was 8 when I last talked to an imaginary friend.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 10, 2010, 09:46:17 PM

Nor do I.

Well, apparently you do. Look, we can argue or debate this for weeks and we would'nt get anywhere. The fact of the matter is whatever I say or do, you will still have your beliefs and mindset and I will still have mine. I'll just leave it at that. This is'nt the time or place.

Why dont you ask him yourself Bill Maher.

I was 8 when I last talked to an imaginary friend.
I think the fact that you had a imaginary friend makes you lose this debate. ;D

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

#35 : February 10, 2010, 10:12:10 PM

Nor do I.

If you go by Pat Robertson(which I don't), he believes that the Earthquake happened because the Haitians made a 200 year pact with the devil in order to defeat the French and run them out of there Country. Also, because a vast majority of that region practices witchcraft. I have a problem with his conclusion. Why? Because you don't need to make a pact with the devil in order to defeat the French! Its the French for crying out loud! The smallest book in the world is French book of war heroes, I guess Patty didn't know that.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 10, 2010, 10:42:55 PM

I don't get the whole french = pussies thing, they've won over a 100 wars and helped the US in the revolution.

Basically all military terms are french words:

aide-de-camp, army, artillery, attack, assault, aviation, barracks, barrage, battalion, battle, bayonet, billet, bivouac, bomb, bombardier, brigade, bullet, cadre, cannon, cannonade, camp, camouflage, captain, carabinier, carbine, cartouche, cavalry, charge, colonel, combat, company, conscription, corps, corporal, cuirass, cuirassier, détente, division, dragoon, enfilade, envoy, epaulette, espionage, esprit de corps, garrison, general, glacis, grenade, grenadier, infantry, lance, lieutenant, legion marines, materiel, manoeuvre, mêlée, militia, military, mine, naval, offensive, parapet, parachute, pilot, pioneer, pistol, platoon, pontoon, quarters, reconnaissance, recruit, redoubt, regiment, ricochet, sabre, sapper, sergeant, soldier, sortie, terrain, trench, Troop, trophy, volley, volunteer

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 11, 2010, 12:39:10 AM

Sammy Hagar was telling this story the other night on TV.

A young Sammy was on the road with his band and was staying in a hotel room with his wife and newborn child. Next door, in the other room, were his band mates (sleeping on the couch) and manager. The manager had the only phone on his room.

At around 2AM, Sammy hears repeated knocking on his door. He finally gets up and opens the door. It's his estranged father. He's a drunk and lives on the street. His (drunk) dad wants to come in and see the baby, his grandchild. But Sammy wants no part of him. He's afraid his wife and child will be woken up by his dad so he angrily urges his dad to leave. After a few minutes, he's finally able to get his dad out the door. He locks it and lays back down.

A few minutes later, the knocking happens again. He can't believe his dad is back. He gets up and opens to door to confront him. As he opens the door, he sees his manager standing there. He tells Sammy that his brother and sister are on the phone and need to speak with him. Sammy goes into the other room and picks up the phone. His siblings proceed to tell him that his dad was found dead in a park earlier that night, several hundred miles away. Sammy is baffled.

He stated on the show, "Celebrity Ghost Stories," that the physical nature of this encounter with his deceased dad is what surprises him 'til this day. How can that be?

So, if it happened like Sammy remembers, what was that? Can beings from another dimension have a physical impact on our world?

There was another story where a guy claimed his "dead" friend dragged him to safety from the middle of a shooting. I forget which celebrity that was.

It's a one of my favorite shows and there are some really good stories that make you shake your head.

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

#38 : February 11, 2010, 04:07:30 AM

Sammy Hagar was telling this story the other night on TV.

A young Sammy was on the road with his band and was staying in a hotel room with his wife and newborn child. Next door, in the other room, were his band mates (sleeping on the couch) and manager. The manager had the only phone on his room.

At around 2AM, Sammy hears repeated knocking on his door. He finally gets up and opens the door. It's his estranged father. He's a drunk and lives on the street. His (drunk) dad wants to come in and see the baby, his grandchild. But Sammy wants no part of him. He's afraid his wife and child will be woken up by his dad so he angrily urges his dad to leave. After a few minutes, he's finally able to get his dad out the door. He locks it and lays back down.

A few minutes later, the knocking happens again. He can't believe his dad is back. He gets up and opens to door to confront him. As he opens the door, he sees his manager standing there. He tells Sammy that his brother and sister are on the phone and need to speak with him. Sammy goes into the other room and picks up the phone. His siblings proceed to tell him that his dad was found dead in a park earlier that night, several hundred miles away. Sammy is baffled.

He stated on the show, "Celebrity Ghost Stories," that the physical nature of this encounter with his deceased dad is what surprises him 'til this day. How can that be?

So, if it happened like Sammy remembers, what was that? Can beings from another dimension have a physical impact on our world?

There was another story where a guy claimed his "dead" friend dragged him to safety from the middle of a shooting. I forget which celebrity that was.

It's a one of my favorite shows and there are some really good stories that make you shake your head.

I know exactly what your talking about, that's a good show. Besides the Sammy Hagar, the other episode was about Former NBA player John Salley. To sum it up, He talked about one night he was at this club. There was an irate person trying to get in the club, he mentioned that it was a celebrity he wouldn't say who. Than moments later, gun shots started poppin. When this all took place somebody came up from behind and grabbed him and lead him to safety outside the back alley way with bullets zipping by him untouched. When he looked to see who it was, it was his best friend. Thing is, this friend of his died a few years back. Meeting the same fate John almost met, died of gunshot wounds. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HAITI MAN SURVIVES BURIED FOR 4 WEEKS...says man in white coat brought him water « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools