Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We Can't Trade Plummer? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« : March 03, 2007, 05:10:05 PM »

Per NFLN, just heard it, the trade for Plummer contains language that says he plays for Tampa or no one. They didn't give more details.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 03, 2007, 05:11:36 PM »

Per NFLN, just heard it, the trade for Plummer contains language that says he plays for Tampa or no one. They didn't give more details.

Hmmm. Could be, if the Broncos didn't want the Bucs to send him off to Houston or Oakland.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #2 : March 03, 2007, 05:14:15 PM »

then why the hell did we trade for him?

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 03, 2007, 05:14:57 PM »

O god I hope not...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #4 : March 03, 2007, 05:15:18 PM »

If true, then we definitely wasted our time with this trade

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #5 : March 03, 2007, 05:17:21 PM »

If that's true, then basically he either comes in and competes for a starting job or he retires and we lose nothing. It doesn't hurt us.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #6 : March 03, 2007, 05:19:28 PM »

According to PR's article on the Plummer trade we DO lose something if he retires....

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/2881

"The one widely reported caveat to the deal is that Plummer doesn’t want to play in Tampa Bay and is leaning towards retirement. Even if Plummer does follow through and file retirement papers, the Bucs will maintain his rights for the next three years, which is how many years he has left on his contract, and they will surrender that 2008 draft pick to Denver regardless of whether Plummer plays again or not."

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 03, 2007, 05:20:53 PM »

Hope it doesn't say that. He's far more valuable to the Bucs as a trade possibility. If he comes in, then Bucs are on the hook for $5.3 million. Can't see Bruce doing that.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 03, 2007, 05:21:19 PM »

Too much contradictory information is floating around.  Once the dust settles things will be clearer I hope.  ???

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 03, 2007, 05:21:47 PM »

Exactly. When a player retires the team who holds his rights does so for the duration of the contract.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 03, 2007, 05:23:13 PM »

If he comes in, then Bucs are on the hook for $5.3 million. Can't see Bruce doing that.

If he plays, yes. However, the Bucs can cut him and owe him nothing and do so without salary cap implications. His signing bonus was paid by the Broncos. Additionally, the 2008 pick is reportedly a CONDITIONAL pick, meaning that there will be clauses attached that will limit the Bucs exposure in case it all falls apart.

« #11 : March 03, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »

If that is the case then it looks like Jake has the Bucs by the balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will be laughing his a** off. I cant believe that Allen would have it that way. (this is replying to the original thread)

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 03, 2007, 05:25:29 PM »

since when do gms have the ability to put into effect a no trade clause.. isnt that usually on the PLAYERS end?

sounds pretty fishy to me

bucnut

Hall of Famer
« #13 : March 03, 2007, 05:26:03 PM »

Let's see, first the news is that the Bucs can't trade for Plummer because his retirement papers have already been sent in, now we can't trade Plummer because .... I give up.  I'll wait for PR to straighten it all up for us!  In the end though, I trust BA to make a deal that is in the best interest of the Bucs, whatever that might be.

NFC South BBS  Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 03, 2007, 05:26:57 PM »

Not really. Looks like the Bucs have a lot of options just like Dan said. He simply can be cut and the team is not out anything. Thanks for the info Dan. Sure wish there's no clause about trades, though. Plummer could be the key to a variety of options for Bruce as far as moving him.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We Can't Trade Plummer? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools