Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We Can't Trade Plummer? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 03, 2007, 06:34:48 PM

Yeah that doesn't make sense.  If Plummer has a no trade clause, then Denver wouldn't have been allowed to trade him in the first place. He hasn't signed a new contract so if there wasn't any clause then, there isn't any clause now.

Where this may have originated is that maybe the Bucs can't trade him as long as he's retired. They may have to wait until he unretires to trade him.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 03, 2007, 07:03:55 PM

The other question is would Houston trade Carr for Plummer straight up? I dont know if they are that willing to take Plummer if Kubiak can't even work out a deal with Shanahan who is his friend.
I don't think the Bucs are looking for Carr. They want the draft pick that cheap skate Kubiak didn't want to give to Denver. 

Or a more far out idea is that Allen is putting the sqeeze on Houston to trade up to get a QB.  What are Houston's options at QB right now?  1) Stick with Carr.  2) Get Harrington or another QB even worse than Carr.  3) Trade up to get a franchise QB for Kubiak to build with. 

Either they trade ahead of the Bucs allowing CJ or Thomas to drop down, or they trade with the Bucs and it costs them possibly their 2nd round pick.  But if they stay put I don't think either QB will fall to them.

Then when the draft is over the Bucs can trade Plummer to somebody else who didn't get their QB situation addressed in the draft.

#32 : March 03, 2007, 07:06:39 PM

Per NFLN, just heard it, the trade for Plummer contains language that says he plays for Tampa or no one. They didn't give more details.

Adam Shefter, on NFLN, just said the opposite. He also said Denver doesn't get the draft pick unless Jake decides to continue playing.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 03, 2007, 07:15:10 PM

Its a conditional pick, so even if they do have to give up a pick it will be a 6th or 7th rounder.  Who cares. 

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 03, 2007, 07:18:18 PM

my head is spinning ... and I don't even drink!

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 03, 2007, 07:30:46 PM

my head is spinning ... and I don't even drink!
Now's the time to start!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We Can't Trade Plummer? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools