Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The FA market is now out of control « previous next »
Page: 1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: March 03, 2007, 05:47:55 PM

Wow. The Patriots (the Patriots) contract offer to FA WR Wes Welker is 7 years, $39 million.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#1 : March 03, 2007, 05:48:29 PM

wow what the hell

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 03, 2007, 05:49:04 PM

Wow. That is WAY WAY WAY too much for him.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 03, 2007, 05:50:44 PM

???

The Patriots?

The same Patriots that traded away Branch and let Givens hit free agency?

???

And people said the Patriots are an example of a team that conservative in their free agent approach.  I guess not. ???

Wes is a good player but that is crazy money. How much signing bonus money did he receive?

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 03, 2007, 05:50:59 PM

Source: RotoWorld.com
NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots' offer sheet to restricted free agent Wes Welker will be for seven years and $38.5 million.
Once Welker signs the offer, Miami will have seven days to decide whether to match. It's doubtful they will, as they'll get a second-round pick for letting him walk. Welker can return kicks and has sure hands, but isn't a deep threat and stands 5-9. This market is getting out of control.

Thought I had heard that phrase before.  But yeah this is nuts.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 03, 2007, 05:52:12 PM

The Niners also are spending money like it's going out of style. Heard on the radio they just signed someone else for big money after dropping $80 million on Clements!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 03, 2007, 05:52:46 PM

No way Miami matches.  They will take the second and probably be happy to get a third for McMichael.

I heard Jeno James (OG) was cut by the Dolphins.  I think the Bucs should seriously consider pursuing him.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 03, 2007, 05:54:13 PM

woah wtf

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The FA market is now out of control « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools