Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SATURDAY PR.COM STORIES: PLUMMER, GARCIA ARE UP « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

captaindabblin

Second String

#30 : March 03, 2007, 08:45:35 PM

Just think for a minute; without these moves, what the Bucs have going into the 2007 season at QB is 2 guys coming back from serious injuries, and a rookie probably still recovering from shell-shock. They have relatively cheaply acquired two seasoned and successful players. If Simms isn't ready, no problem. If Plummer wants to retire, no problem. No cap hit. And, if he wants to take a year off, he won't count against the cap for that year. If all are healthy and want to play, then we can probably pull a trade.
    Sounds like this gives us real good flexibility to me! 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 03, 2007, 08:52:15 PM

Sounds like this gives us real good flexibility to me! 

Your sound logic will likely boggle the minds of the haters.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 03, 2007, 08:52:42 PM

Personally, I have no problem with anyone – a fan or a sports radio host – questioning or criticizing any move the Bucs make ... as long as they tell me what they would have done instead. I listen to sports radio and I hear all of this **CENSORED**ing and whining from hosts and fans, but none of those people really offers up any solutions.

It was like John Kerry in the presidential race a couple of years. He kept saying he had a better plan, he had a better way, he had a better idea ... but he never gave any specifics and never revealed what those plans, ways or ideas were! All he did was **CENSORED** and say what George Bush was doing was wrong – but he never really offered up any solutions of his own. Bush was vulnerable and the presidency was there for the taking, too ...

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 03, 2007, 08:54:13 PM

SR?JF---Do you really think these were good moves? I am so depressed. I think they were horrible, crazy, desperate moves by 2 guys who want a quick fix & inspite of what you reported previously are not looking to the future at all. The check I just wrote for my tix makes me sick.

I guess my question to you, Karen, and I'm saying this inquisitively – not judgmentally, is what QB moves would you have preferred? They landed the best QB in free agency this year in Garcia and traded for one who may either play in Tampa Bay or be a commodity that is traded later. What other QB moves would you have made?

The Bucs are totally thinking of the future. That's why they are making reasonable, sensible deals. Garcia is a playoff QB who got a deal similar to what Simms got. Chukwurah was a relative bargain, as was Buchanon. The Bucs re-signed Alstott and Cox. Where do you find fault in these deals?

Would you have rather seen the Bucs sign Clements, Steinbach or anybody else who wants double-digit guaranteed money? Are Clements or Steinbach Hall of Famers? They might be Pro Bowl-caliber players, but they are getting paid Hall of Fame money. This is a team that wants to be competitive in free agency for years to come – not just in 2007. They are spending wisely, just as we forecasted them to do in the latest PR mag and in our Pewter Insider articles over the past two months. This team just got out of salary cap hell. They don't want to go back there.
The other signings are ok, but the qb ones are just looney.  My god, you people act like the 37 yr old qb with 1/2 of a good season with a much better team makes him the 2nd coming of Montana. And the Plummer deaL is just a waste.  Do something about that bloody, god awful offensive offense instead of buying every freaking qb that walks down the street.  Just because they're the only ones out there doesn't mean they're any good.  This season will tank.  By saying the are not looking to the future is buying a 37 yr old qb.  How does that help the future?  And if they trade Simms, good luck getting anyone else to come play here after you show yourselves to be backstabbers.  Sign him to trade him. Dirty play. Toddy Buc---screw you. You know nothing.

Okay, so are you comfortable playing with Simms, Gradkowski and Rattay, Karen?

#34 : March 03, 2007, 08:56:22 PM

Karen...Garcia had 1/2 a good season? DID YOU NOT WATCH HIM IN SAN FRAN? HE MADE TO.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 03, 2007, 08:57:37 PM

I think she'd prefer Simms, Simms, and Simms.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 03, 2007, 09:01:10 PM

Good analogy, SR. Want to draft Russell or Quinn? Neither is as heralded as recent QBs, they'll require multiple years of grooming and the questions rise the further down you go. You can't trade for anything better. So what options are there? You're not getting in cap hell. And this notion that Garcia only had a half of a good season is silly. His TD to INT ratio is solid. In fact, 2005, with that six-game sampling with the Browns was the only time going back to 1999 that he had more INTs than TDs in a season his whole career. So I'm not sure where the looney reference pertains.

In Verner We Trust

#37 : March 03, 2007, 09:01:32 PM

Garcia: 136 TD 73 INT 60.9%  99 games
Simms: 12 TD 17 INT 59.1%   19 games

Yes. Garcia blows ass.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 03, 2007, 09:03:20 PM

Yes. Garcia blows ass.

Well, I don't care what he does in the bedroom, so long as he plays as well as he has for most of his career (not just 1/2 a season).

#39 : March 03, 2007, 09:03:58 PM

Yes. Garcia blows ass.

Well, I don't care what he does in the bedroom, so long as he plays as well as he has for most of his career (not just 1/2 a season).
LMAO!!!!!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#40 : March 03, 2007, 09:04:19 PM

I think she'd prefer Simms, Simms, and Simms.
Simms & Rattay, yes. Grads, no.  Grads is just another example of Gruden's incompetence.  Gruden isn't even as good as a college coach--he can't adjust his offense to fit his talent.  He goes out & gets hired guns that have no loyalty to the Bucs & if someone reported honestly, I'll bet this is not popular in the locker room. I'm sorry I truely do not understand how anyone thinks this is good.

#41 : March 03, 2007, 09:05:07 PM

Bravo! At least he doesn't have the initals 'T.O.' on his ankle.

#42 : March 03, 2007, 09:06:36 PM

URBAN MEYER IS TEH BEST!

You do realize it was after Garcia left and Rattay stepped in SF started to blow, right?

#43 : March 03, 2007, 09:07:35 PM

If you guys are sick of Karen...well, you're gonna wanna kill yourselves when BornaBuc drops by to analyze our draft in a few months.

#44 : March 03, 2007, 09:09:06 PM

At least Bornabuc doesn't hate Gruden and Allen so much that he doesn't realize the worst move they made was re-signing a one hit wonder for 1.5 million.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SATURDAY PR.COM STORIES: PLUMMER, GARCIA ARE UP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools