Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB position is now set for sure!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 03, 2007, 06:39:15 PM

The age jokes show that you have no real comebacks...

#16 : March 03, 2007, 06:39:45 PM

MJS didn't say anything but facts.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 03, 2007, 06:40:50 PM

I realise that. I ment in the tone. It was obviously a negative outlook on it.

#18 : March 03, 2007, 06:41:45 PM

I suppose, I think Garcia is a good enough signing even with his age.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#19 : March 03, 2007, 06:41:56 PM

I like our QB situation a lot better than I liked it last year. That doesn't mean it's great, either though.

As much as I was unhappy about the Plummer trade yesterday, I am more happy with it today. I don't care what he decides, either. If he wants to retire he retires, if he wants to be traded we can trade him (I think). If he wants to play here he can play here and accept the same deal that Simms and Garcia are accepting to compete for that starting job. The other guys would make great backups.

Say what you want about Plummer, Garcia, or Carr. They may not be your ideal starters, but they are really, really nice backups and that is some really nice depth. With our QB injury luck this is a good thing for us to have that kind of depth.

#20 : March 03, 2007, 06:42:46 PM

The age jokes are meant to REMIND certain people that they need to watch about 20 more years of football, before going around and calling people out for what they know about certain players who started playing while they were still sucking their thumbs in the baby nursery.

#21 : March 03, 2007, 06:43:29 PM

If somehow Jared Zambransky is around in the 7th round or is an UDFA I wouldn't mind adding him to the mix as if nothing else a PS body.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 03, 2007, 06:44:05 PM

MJS - it is all in the presentation.  Simms has recovered and is still a viable NFL qb - especially since this year's schedule is not directly from hell as was last years

Garcia is a proven quantity.  Folks have offered he did poor in both Cleveland and Detroit, but in both of those situations there was limited ability of the offense.  IMVHO the Tampa offense is waiting for someone to grab the damn keys and drive.  He is a man that can do it.

And Plummer - frankly I think the bucs got a qb that is now one of the better trade baits in the NFL - and can perhaps be used to get the player with want with our first round draft choice, or could be the player we use to get Carr, or the player we use to get more defensive picks in the draft.   We will see.  

I like it.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#23 : March 03, 2007, 06:44:31 PM

The age jokes are meant to REMIND certain people that they need to watch about 20 years more of football, before going around and calling people out for what they know about certain players who started playing while they were still sucking their thumbs in the baby nursery.
So because you're older and have watched more means you know more?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 03, 2007, 06:45:29 PM

I like our QB situation a lot better than I liked it last year. That doesn't mean it's great, either though.

As much as I was unhappy about the Plummer trade yesterday, I am more happy with it today. I don't care what he decides, either. If he wants to retire he retires, if he wants to be traded we can trade him (I think). If he wants to play here he can play here and accept the same deal that Simms and Garcia are accepting to compete for that starting job. The other guys would make great backups.

Say what you want about Plummer, Garcia, or Carr. They may not be your ideal starters, but they are really, really nice backups and that is some really nice depth. With our QB injury luck this is a good thing for us to have that kind of depth.

I agree.

And all three will not be costing the Bucs a whole of money combined either.  But to be honest between Simms and Plummer one of the two will not be here for 2007 it seems or I could be wrong. :P

BucLord

Starter

#25 : March 03, 2007, 06:47:51 PM

We have the worst collection of QB's in the entire NFL

Lets be real here for a second can we? Garcia was only courted by two of the worse NFL teams, the Raiders and Bucs. And Plummer got beat out by a rookie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

#26 : March 03, 2007, 06:48:58 PM

If it's a situation where I have actually WATCHED a player's entire college & pro career and you have only seen some of it and READ about the rest of it, and you try and use that as an example to call me out then YES is the answer to your question - loser.

#27 : March 03, 2007, 06:50:03 PM

If it's a situation where I have actually WATCHED a player's entire college & pro career and you have seen some of it and READ about the rest of it, and you try and use that as an example to call me out then YES is the answer to your question - loser.
Nice personal insult Mr. 38 year old Delivery Boy.

#28 : March 03, 2007, 06:52:46 PM

Honest to God RJ; I could definitely picture you going up to some Vietnam Veteran and saying "dude I have seen Platoon three times and ready many articles about that war in school, so there's nothing you can teach me about what happened there - that I don't already know".  ::) 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 03, 2007, 06:53:13 PM

We have the worst collection of QB's in the entire NFL

Lets be real here for a second can we? Garcia was only courted by two of the worse NFL teams, the Raiders and Bucs. And Plummer got beat out by a rookie
 Evidently your reality is different from that of others - here I was thinking he was going to the teams that had the biggest need bc they would pay the most for his services.  And Plummer is wanted by someone else - Houston and Oakland now that Garcia is a buc.  So be as glass half empty as you want - this is good for the bucs.  We will see how the rest of it shakes out.  

And name calling posts deserve a CLICK - cmon guys there is football stuff happening.   >:(

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB position is now set for sure!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools