Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They should take away Al Gore's Nobel prize « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

bucsense

Practice Squad

: February 13, 2010, 10:34:42 AM

Sarah Palin is moron.

Imagine her as second in charge?

Right because Gore=Palin is that it? Seems that this thread is pointing out more due questions of man made GW, I fail to see how this has anything to do with Palin.... MSNBC must be celebrating.
No, becaue if so many of you harbor agendas, I wnat you to poke your little heads out so I can laugh at you first, before I shoot...Palin sucks. Sorry man. Republican, Democrat...whatever...if you suck, you suck. Palin is trash, and if you suppor ther...I hope you can bleach the crap out of your panties. Stop taking it so personal.

Politics is the bane of so many losers.

Harbor agendas? Okay so if you think Palin is a loser, good for you that is your opinion, just seems as a disconnected thought to the subject of the thread by the OP. Must be rough in your angst towards everything, I suppose that it is still too early for you to criticize Obama yet?

It's quite obvious Boid is an angry dude..........or a commode hugging drunk when he finds the message board.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : February 22, 2010, 01:47:09 PM

Companies are buying the Bloom box because of tax breaks offered by the gov't. Otherwise, they wouldn't and the box wouldn't be put out on the market. The tax break gives the device a start up boost - clean, cheap energy.  Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Think of the first customers as the beta test site/pilot site. They're knocking out the kinks with these companies. They deserve a kickback for serving as the guinea pigs.
If Ebay is saving 100k in power costs then there is a built in ROI for it, there should be no need for a tax incentive to save money.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#2 : February 16, 2010, 10:45:21 AM

Where is our buddy Al anyway?  Haven't heard much from him lately.........in seclusion maybe.......and re-inventing the internet?

Maybe his bus broke down.....you know, that Madden sized monstrosity that he rode around in with a cloud of black carbon spewing from the smokestack...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 16, 2010, 07:41:49 AM

Fell asleep early - early to bed early to rise and all that.

I am wondering who at the East Anglia location decided it was time to come clean and why - and how governments intend to spin to keep their shot at the riches of cap and tax...   And yea - the truth concept is very consistent with my character flaws which keeps me from considering politics as a career

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 16, 2010, 05:42:18 AM

Maybe you guys missed the last 3 references regarding Phil Jones - the climate scientist that Gore quoted in his book?

Phil Jones of the IPCC just said there has been NO warming of the earth in the last 15 years.

He then was asked whether he agreed with the "consensus" of scientists that man-made global warming is a fact. He replied that there is no "scientific consensus" on global warming.

It means - that what you believe, isn't founded on fact. It is wrong. The leading climate scientist at the IPCC, says so.

It's a lot like theorizing whether Santa Clause should have seat belts on his sleigh...

...it potentially could make him safer...but he'd have to exist first, then he'd need a sleigh that could be pulled through sky faster than the speed of light, by eight tiny reindeer...

The guy that Gore based his data on, says it isn't correct.
Well yea, but even though East Angia leader and staff made the deal up, in case it were to happen without any notice the world should turn its' economies upside down and give power and money to the United Nations so they can lead the world - you know the one world order crap WT.  Morgan believes that stuff I think...

You're up early and already attempting to "put straight that which is crooked", eh?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 16, 2010, 05:38:40 AM

Maybe you guys missed the last 3 references regarding Phil Jones - the climate scientist that Gore quoted in his book?

Phil Jones of the IPCC just said there has been NO warming of the earth in the last 15 years.

He then was asked whether he agreed with the "consensus" of scientists that man-made global warming is a fact. He replied that there is no "scientific consensus" on global warming.

It means - that what you believe, isn't founded on fact. It is wrong. The leading climate scientist at the IPCC, says so.

It's a lot like theorizing whether Santa Clause should have seat belts on his sleigh...

...it potentially could make him safer...but he'd have to exist first, then he'd need a sleigh that could be pulled through sky faster than the speed of light, by eight tiny reindeer...

Well yea, but even though East Angia leader and staff made the deal up, in case it were to happen without any notice the world should turn its' economies upside down and give power and money to the United Nations so they can lead the world - you know the one world order crap WT.  Morgan believes that stuff I think...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucsense

Practice Squad

#6 : February 16, 2010, 10:17:19 AM

It's all junk science as I see it. Most of the warming nonsense was started by Gore, then picked up by Greenpeace, some well-heeled environmental groups, and other doomsdayer extremists.

The leftist regime in D.C. saw a chance to impose more government control over Americans and came up with "Cap And Trade"........

You think your electric bill is high now?  Just wait!!

dwaynew

Practice Squad

#7 : February 16, 2010, 04:15:45 AM

If they were to revoke al gore's they would have to take away obamas too. He didn't achieve much yet. I guess they gave it him preemptively so that he would seriously work on it :P

dwaynew

Practice Squad

#8 : February 16, 2010, 04:12:58 AM

If they were to revoke al gore's they would have to take away obamas too. He didn't achieve much yet. I guess they gave it him preemptively so that he would seriously work on it :P

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 16, 2010, 03:50:49 AM

Incomparable sig by Incognito

burger40

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 16, 2010, 10:36:35 AM

not only that but Gore's famous hockey stick graph got demolished years ago plus his famous CO2 concentration graph shown above the temperature when superimposed showed that rather than CO2 driving temperature CO2 actually responded to temperature increases by rising in levels as well.

This if from the oceans dissociating more CO2 and you can do an experiment. Refrigerate one can of soda and leave the other at room temp. Crack them both open and take a sip and the carbonation is equal. Then put the cold one back in the frig and the warm one leave out. In an hour take a drink of each and put them back. Do this every hour that you are awake over the next 24 hours and notice how much faster the warm pop loses its "fizz" which is the CO2. That is because the CO2 leaves the water more quickly when it is warm than when it is cold so when temperatures are higher the oceans can't hold as much CO2 and massive amounts get released into the atmosphere.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 16, 2010, 03:22:52 AM

Don't buy it for one second. By the time all the skecptics are convinced it may be too late.

Agree - best to error on the side of caution.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 14, 2010, 09:40:43 AM

Palin is at a loss for deep thoughts

By Robyn E. Blumner, Times Columnist

Published Friday, February 12, 2010

Since Sarah Palin won't rule out running for the presidency in 2012, her performance recently at the Tea Party convention in Nashville deserves more scrutiny. Voters may have to soon evaluate her as a future leader of our nation and defender of the free world. Which makes her strikingly vapid answers to the softball questions thrown her way all the more frightening.

The last time Palin barnstormed the country as Sen. John McCain's running mate, she had a glaring lack of comprehension of national issues. But then she had a lot to learn in a short time.

By now she should be prepared, particularly since she quit her day job. But she's not. While her written remarks at the Tea Party were intelligible, her performance during the question period demonstrates that Palin has no ready command of issues and has little to offer beyond platitudinous and confused rhetoric.

Sitting in comfy armchairs she answered questions put to her by the adoring Judson Phillips, founder of Tea Party Nation.

Palin was asked: "We hear about the Obama plan. What's the Palin plan?" Her answer on her national defense plan — the entirety of it — was this: "And when it comes to national security, as I ratchet down the message on national security, it's easy to just kind of sum it up by repeating Ronald Reagan when he talked about the Cold War. And we can apply this now to our war on terrorism, you know. Bottom line, we win, they lose. We do all that we can to win."

Compare that bit of nearly indecipherable triumphalism with the answer President Barack Obama gave at a news conference Tuesday when asked about Iran's decision to further enrich uranium, which is too long to reprint verbatim.

First he spoke about efforts to negotiate with Iran and the country's rejection of the offer to convert "low-enriched uranium" into the "isotopes that they need" for medical research and hospitals. Then Obama said bluntly, "That indicates to us that, despite their posturing that their nuclear power is only for civilian use, that they in fact continue to pursue a course that would lead to weaponization."

He went on to discuss the "regime of sanctions" being developed to isolate Iran and the role China and Russia might play.

Whether you agree with Obama's approach or not, it was an articulate briefing that gave context to and specific action for a vexing national security issue.

Back to Palin, who was asked at the Tea Party for her three top things to get done if conservatives win majorities in Congress.

It was here that Palin peeked at her hand for some palm-prompter help, meaning she was probably given advance notice of the question. Even so, her answer was a garble of attack-Obama talking points and pandering to the Christian Right.

Palin: "We've got to rein in spending, obviously, and not raise it extremely high budgets and then say, Okay, we are going to freeze a couple programs here. That doesn't do us any good really. We've got to start reining in the spending."

Palin's excruciating syntax aside, she's a jejune thinker. Without notes, she could barely conjure the words to cryptically criticize Obama's budget.

Her second priority, she said, is domestic drilling and mining for fossil fuels — "oil and gas and our coal." She offered a fuller energy policy in her prepared remarks, but extemporaneously, the equivalent of "drill, baby, drill" was all she could muster.

Palin's last must-do for Congress is to allow "America's spirit to rise again." To do this, she said, we should seek "some divine intervention again in this country so that we can be safe and secure and prosperous again. To have people involved in government who aren't afraid to go that route."

Gee, is there really a dearth of religious politicians? I can't seem to find any who aren't. But I don't doubt some miracle for our nation would be needed, desperately, if Palin-like conservatives took Congress.

During the Q & A, Palin called on people to run for office who have no elective office experience and don't have "some kind of fat elite resume in their back pocket." I guess that is one way to make herself sound cogent by comparison — dissuade candidates with training, education and knowledge.

All I can say is in 2012, I "hopey" we don't "changey" to this embarrassing woman.

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/palin-is-at-a-loss-for-deep-thoughts/1072820

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 14, 2010, 09:40:05 AM

bucsense

Practice Squad

#14 : February 13, 2010, 07:16:14 PM

Wow!  First we get Obama...........and then some of you ladies promote the Palin ticket.............we're screwed!!!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They should take away Al Gore's Nobel prize « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools