Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They should take away Al Gore's Nobel prize « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

burger40

Hall of Famer

#120 : February 23, 2010, 01:17:00 AM

If eBay, Google, FedEx, Staples and Walmart are your clients - why do you need ANY government money?

Why do corporations, that donated to the campaign of the current president,  need to gain access to the income taxes of private citizens - in order to help defray the cost of an item that's supposed to use less energy than it produces?
thank you. as you said if it is a good product it can make it in the market without subsidies. i'll beat a dead horse, gov't didn't have to subsidize cars, tvs, ipods, etc when they came out. they succeeded in the market because the consumer wanted it and benefited from it.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#121 : February 23, 2010, 10:05:29 AM

They stated that each box costs approximately $700K.  Ebay has 6 of them?  Thats $4.2M, and that is just for the boxes, I have no idea if they included installation costs which are usually substantial. 

$4.2M to save $100K per year?  That is some payback that no tax incentives will every solve. 

So far, this looks about the same as the ethanol craze. 

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#122 : February 23, 2010, 12:30:45 PM

Don't buy it for one second. By the time all the skecptics are convinced it may be too late.

Agree - best to error on the side of caution.

Hysterics is not erring on the side of caution. Best to err on the side of reason and logic that is not based on the financial gain to certain individuals that are promoting said claims. And exactly when is "too late", anybody have a date for that point of no return.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#123 : February 23, 2010, 01:52:56 PM

Don't buy it for one second. By the time all the skecptics are convinced it may be too late.

Agree - best to error on the side of caution.

Hysterics is not erring on the side of caution. Best to err on the side of reason and logic that is not based on the financial gain to certain individuals that are promoting said claims. And exactly when is "too late", anybody have a date for that point of no return.

I think we need a ruinously expensive earth impact defense system. We know asteroid/comet/meteor strikes have been very destructive in the past therefore we should err on the side of caution and build a system to stop a strike ASAP. There are a lot of hypothetical dangers where "to err on the side of caution" can be made an argument (heck we could make all kinds of fun arguments about terrorism along the same lines) but that really doesn't work.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They should take away Al Gore's Nobel prize « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools