Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines had Alcohol and marijuana in his system. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#135 : February 16, 2010, 07:40:31 PM

JMO but again I don't think most pot smokers are that anxious to go on a great driving spree. They usually tend to stay home chowing down listening to music and involving themselves in other activities. Driving is not that much of a priority. IMO

unless they have no food on hand to feed their munchies...

anyone who is stoned and needing food is going to get it any way they can, even if that means getting behind the wheel...

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#136 : February 16, 2010, 07:48:32 PM

JMO but again I don't think most pot smokers are that anxious to go on a great driving spree. They usually tend to stay home chowing down listening to music and involving themselves in other activities. Driving is not that much of a priority. IMO

anyone who is stoned and needing food is going to get it any way they can, even if that means getting behind the wheel...

Link? Anything at all to support your supposition, since you claim to have no personal experience?

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#137 : February 16, 2010, 07:51:45 PM

Link? Anything at all to support your supposition, since you claim to have no personal experience?

Lol, good luck trying to get that.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#138 : February 16, 2010, 07:56:53 PM

speaking out of your butt agian huh chuckles?

where did I claim to have no experience?

link?

proof?

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#139 : February 16, 2010, 08:00:35 PM

Back it up, tapdancer.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#140 : February 16, 2010, 08:39:53 PM

...the FDA would crap themselves if they cracked the code of cancer with Pot

And ruin an industry that generates billions per year? I suspect a cure for some cancers has already been found...but who's gonna reveal it?

Conspiracy theroies are out there but like you said its a multi billion dollar disease...all the cancer walks, the telethons

It will be a bad bad day for medicine if it leaks that they have had it licked for years

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#141 : February 16, 2010, 08:41:41 PM

Not all stoners get the munchies.  They get over it after a while.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#142 : February 17, 2010, 05:33:44 PM

I think all cars should be have breathalizers designed to activate at certain hours so drunk/stoned drivers cannot drive while impaired. That would save probably more lives then you would think.

around 25,000 people a year die fom alcohol related fatalities in automobiles. i am a strong believer that alcohol should be illegal if MJ is as well. The effects from alcohol are far greater on the body and mind than those of MJ.

Now, before anyone jumps down my throat, I think one can make a perfectly reasonable case for the legalization of marijuana. �It's pretty low on the list of things I really care about one way or the other, but I'm not interested in any sort of anti-pot crusade. �But I think this is what you're looking for:

https://dawninfo.samhsa.gov/files/ME2007/ME_07_Complete.pdf

The numbers for marijuana are small. �Not zero. �At least, not for all regions.

The problem with that study is it groups combination's together alcohol and some illicit together

Drugs that make a death eligible for DAWN include:
Illegal or illicit drugs, such as heroin, cocaine, marijuana, and Ecstasy;.
Prescription drugs, such as Prozac.�, Vicodin�, OxyContin�, alprazolam, and methylphenidate;
Over-the-counter medications, including aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and multi-ingredient cough and cold .remedies;
Dietary supplements, including vitamins, herbal remedies, and nutritional products;.
Psychoactive, nonpharmaceutical inhalants;.2
Alcohol in combination with other drugs; and.
For those under age 21, alcohol without any other drug.

Scroll down a bit. �The part that describes Table F reads:

Counts of drug-related deaths and drug-related suicide deaths include deaths that involved both single and multiple drugs. Summing these deaths across drug types or drugs could result in double counting deaths associated with multiple drug types. To help provide a better understanding of single versus multidrug involvement, counts of single-drug deaths are reported. Single-drug deaths involve the listed drug type or drug and no other, and they are a subset of the total count of deaths.

Again,  I am very skeptical at pointing at any particular drug as being the prime candidate for an accident save alcohol which has a rather convincing record well before the drug war even began.

Again I certainly can understand how some one really stoned could get into an accident but the nature of the drug is not an aggressive/depresant like alcohol but a far more passive substance.

Most habitual users that I have known function fine, and many just use it like an after work martini at home after a stressful day at work.   

There are many medicinal benefits as well that are far less harmful than pharmaceuticals prescribed.  The war on Pot is a very foolish one as well as the war on all illicits. 

Perhaps someone can tell me what is the goal of the Drug War?   Please don't insult everyone's intelligence by saying the reason is to curb or stop drug use.

The drug war is all about money. It keeps the court systems and prison systems pockets lined with a never ending cycle of money. Police make money as well with search and seizures. it provides a consistent income for every state. if it becomes legal, they lose millions if not billions per year.

you might also be interested in some of the reasoning behind making most drug illegal. They were all race related or at least fueled by racism.

cocaine was mad illegal because "most of the attacks upon the white women of the South are the direct result of a cocaine-crazed Negro brain.�

marijuana was made illegal at the same time there was anti-hispanic movement in the 30s.

Opium was made illegal because white women were "letting themselves go" in chinese opium dens here in the states.

the war on drugs has been developed by ignorance and greed. not saying drugs should be freely legal, but no one use logic or science when deciding these things.

Where do the drugs come from? where all the cocaine and heroin coming from? its not grown here. theres check points all along mexico and canada. you cant even imagine flying it here with the crazy security at airports. they are letting it in people! they allow to get out there so they can bust you for it and profit from it. drugs are a billion dollar industry, why would they want that to go away?

the real question i would ask is why is alcohol still legal? is it because its made from food we ingest outside of brewing it into alcohol? is it because the masses are more excepting to it because there havent been mass propoganda campaigns? if you consume it in church, it has to be ok right?

the inconsistency and hipocracy of these laws coupled with greed, religion and ignorace is what makes the war on drugs a battle that ill never end or be looked at from an educated perspective.

sorry for the rant. lol

Well said there truly is no scientific or medical reason for any illicit being made unlawful.  Any Drug has bad effects should be dealt as a HEALTH PROBLEM not a Criminal one.

You are correct though law enforcement and the criminal justice system profit greatly from this war as do all Drug lords and those profiting from the sale of a the greatest capitalistic enterprise ever created. Untaxed and unregulated.

The BIGGEST LOSER?   The American taxpayer footing the bill for this pathetic War that will never be won, and of course the incredible numbers of innocent victims of the huge criminal element this War has created.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines had Alcohol and marijuana in his system. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools