Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "The Box" is the worst movie of all time! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

: February 16, 2010, 12:42:12 PM

Disagree. If anything, it was NBK was underrated, IMO. It should have won an Oscar.

No, it is overrated by people who think the whole making a violent movie to make fun of violent movies thing is so meta and hip.

I would say that's it's underrated by the people that simply didn't get it.  It was a gritty look at how the media makes murderers into superstars.  The point was missed on a lot of people. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 16, 2010, 02:25:37 PM

Disagree. If anything, it was NBK was underrated, IMO. It should have won an Oscar.

No, it is overrated by people who think the whole making a violent movie to make fun of violent movies thing is so meta and hip.

I would say that's it's underrated by the people that simply didn't get it. It was a gritty look at how the media makes murderers into superstars. The point was missed on a lot of people.

There is no way anyone couldn't understand the meaning of that movie, the meaning was clear, but the movie just plain sucked.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 17, 2010, 10:55:57 AM

John Galt's Hall of Lame- The Sequel:

The Matrix II and II
Jaws II + 3D + Jaws 4 (a shark trying to avenge its family honor???)
Any sequel except Godfather II and Star Trek II. Bond movies don't count as sequels. And since the LOTR movies were all made at once.
All "Prequels"
The Day After Tommorow
Deep Impact-Tea Leone does the end of the world in a flat monotone
The Happening- Scary grass and plant farts??
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull-THEY RAPED INDY!!
The Passion of the Christ- Dude, it's a S&M snuff film with religious overtones
The Adventures of Pluto Nash- Eddie Murphy's career=RIP
Showgirls
Godzilla-Ferris Bueller fights Godzilla??
Wild Wild West-Will Smith's career=RIP
War of the Worlds-some strangle Dekota Fanning and slap Tom Cruise

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 13, 2010, 09:42:52 PM

What ever you do, do not see this movie. Absolutely the worst movie I have ever seen. Its right up there with Traffic. Actually, Traffic was alot better. Horrible storyline that made absolutely no sense, weird moments, very boring and just horrible. Did I mention this movie sucks. Dont go see it, its the best advice I could give anyone. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Stratobuc

Starter
#4 : February 13, 2010, 09:59:31 PM

So, lay it on the line - what did you really think?

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#5 : February 13, 2010, 10:11:31 PM

So, lay it on the line - what did you really think?

Ohhhh....words cant describe what I really think about it. Just absolutely phenominal, I cant believe it didnt get any Oscar nods. Only some of the sorriest movies that nobody ever sees makes it to the Oscars. Although that has changed this year, there are actually some movies and actors/actresses that rightfully made the list.

Stratobuc

Starter
#6 : February 13, 2010, 10:18:26 PM

Its hard to believe someone could make a movie worse than "Signs". Was Mel Gibson in it?

Seriously - it got a 44% rating at Rotten Tomatoes.com - seems most of the reviewers shared your viewpoint. Thanks for the headsup. I'll wait till it comes to cable.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 13, 2010, 10:22:38 PM

Haven't seen The Happening I see

Stratobuc

Starter
#8 : February 13, 2010, 10:36:35 PM

I did see that one, and it sucked.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 13, 2010, 10:39:43 PM

Haven't seen The Happening I see

No I have'nt. I was forwarned several occasions not to see it because I was told before hand that it was horrific. I did'nt get the heads up on this one. NavyBuc51 forwarned me but I was already half way through the movie.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 14, 2010, 10:49:08 AM

haven't seen it but "All about Steve" with the guy from hangover and wedding crashers and Sandra Bullock was painful. I hear she got nominated for a Razzie (The anti-Oscar) for that movie. I wonder if that is the first time an actor/actress has been nominated for both in the same year.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 14, 2010, 11:11:06 AM

haven't seen it but "All about Steve" with the guy from hangover and wedding crashers and Sandra Bullock was painful. I hear she got nominated for a Razzie (The anti-Oscar) for that movie. I wonder if that is the first time an actor/actress has been nominated for both in the same year.

I heard Stallone was nominated for both in the same year.  Rambo and Rocky.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 14, 2010, 11:59:36 AM

Rambo and Rocky = Great flicks!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 14, 2010, 11:59:50 AM

The Box, which I haven't seen, might be bad but it'll have to dig awfully deep to get worse than just a few dogs from last year:

GI Joe
Whiteout
Gamer

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 14, 2010, 06:19:08 PM

Is it worse than reading StripJointJohn/Chumbags posts?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "The Box" is the worst movie of all time! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools