Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So who's watching? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

: February 13, 2010, 10:41:59 PM

Just curios who was gonna watch the 500 tomorrow and who wasn't. I'm watching now that football is over I really don't have much to look forward to so why not.

GO JR!!!

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 13, 2010, 11:06:20 PM

Yes, I'll be watching - I'd like to see Jr. get that black cloud removed that's been following him around.  ...family also likes Gordon and JJ...

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 13, 2010, 11:21:47 PM

I find it tremendously boring to watch a bunch of cars go in circles for hours on end... but thats just me.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : February 14, 2010, 03:39:22 PM

Hillbilly sport - can't get interested in it no matter how much I try.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 14, 2010, 03:57:22 PM

Hillbilly sport - can't get interested in it now matter how much I try.

If most NASCAR fans were Obama supporters, I bet you'd find a way to get interested.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 14, 2010, 04:02:27 PM

If most NASCAR fans were Obama supporters, I bet you'd find a way to get interested.
LOL

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 14, 2010, 04:06:00 PM

Most Obama fans appreciate the mainstream sports of NFL, NBA, and MLB.   NASCAR, hardly a sport, would be something gun-toting redneck (sheet wearing?)  GWB supporters might enjoy. In fact, other than Danica Patrick, I don't see a single minority behind the wheel of those hot rods. I wonder if Asians, Blacks, or Hispanic-Ameicans know how to drive fast.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 14, 2010, 04:12:41 PM

Most Obama fans appreciate the mainstream sports of NFL, NBA, and MLB.� �NASCAR, hardly a sport, would be something gun-toting redneck (sheet wearing?)� GWB supporters might enjoy. In fact, other than Danica Patrick, I don't see a single minority behind the wheel of those hot rods. I wonder if Asians, Blacks, or Hispanic-Ameicans know how to drive fast.
You my friend are a sad insecure man.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 14, 2010, 04:21:51 PM

I appears that this race has been delayed for over an hour due to a pothole.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 14, 2010, 04:37:52 PM

Most Obama fans appreciate the mainstream sports of NFL, NBA, and MLB.   NASCAR, hardly a sport, would be something gun-toting redneck (sheet wearing?)  GWB supporters might enjoy. In fact, other than Danica Patrick, I don't see a single minority behind the wheel of those hot rods. I wonder if Asians, Blacks, or Hispanic-Ameicans know how to drive fast.

So you are saying a sport has to be 60% black to get recognition from liberals like you of being a non-hillbilly sport? Is that what you are saying?

What about hockey? Ice skating? Tennis? Gymnastics? Bowling? Sking? Golf? Cycling? Soccer? Swimming? There arnt many minorities in those sports. They are white-dominated. Are all those hillbilly sports too? Sure a few of these "hillbilly sports" have blacks in them that do well (ie: Tiger Woods in Golf or the Williams sisters in Tennis), but how many other blacks are on the professional level of those sports? Very few.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 14, 2010, 04:42:39 PM

So you are saying a sport has to be 60% black to get recognition from liberals like you of being a non-hillbilly sport? Is that what you are saying?

What about hockey? Ice skating? Tennis? Gymnastics? Bowling? Sking? Golf? Cycling? Soccer? Swimming? There arnt many minorities in those sports. They are white-dominated. Are all those hillbilly sports too? Sure a few of these "hillbilly sports" have blacks in them that do well (ie: Tiger Woods in Golf or the Williams sisters in Tennis), but how many other blacks are on the professional level of those sports? Very few.

No I said that the sports need to include all races in America to be more popular. The sports that you listed don't have a  lot of minorities, nor are they popular, specifically popular to mainstream Americans - the ones that voted for President Obama.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#11 : February 14, 2010, 04:58:25 PM

Most Obama fans appreciate the mainstream sports of NFL, NBA, and MLB.� �NASCAR, hardly a sport, would be something gun-toting redneck (sheet wearing?)� GWB supporters might enjoy. In fact, other than Danica Patrick, I don't see a single minority behind the wheel of those hot rods. I wonder if Asians, Blacks, or Hispanic-Ameicans know how to drive fast.

Wow, you say some stupid things.  In today's race there are drivers from 4 different continents.  You're just proving that far-left liberals are some of the most judgmental, intolerant people out there. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 14, 2010, 05:05:01 PM

Wow, you say some stupid things.  In today's race there are drivers from 4 different continents.  You're just proving that far-left liberals are some of the most judgmental, intolerant people out there. 

None of them are American minorities, are they?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 14, 2010, 05:08:01 PM

No I said that the sports need to include all races in America to be more popular. The sports that you listed don't have a lot of minorities, nor are they popular, specifically popular to mainstream Americans - the ones that voted for President Obama.

Popular as to what? American media? Sports popularity has to do with culture and the preferences of society...not race. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, yet its one of the least popular in America. When the World Cup is played, the whole world is watching intently. But most Americans couldnt care less? Most Americans hate soccer. The fact that a sport isnt popular doesnt change the fact that it is a sport.

Also it might be interesting to note that the majority of NFL fans are conservative. A recent study showed that registered Republicans are 21% more likely to be an NFL fan than registered Democrats.

The NFL also has a very low fanbase outside whites and blacks. The sport is not very popular among asians or hispanics. The NFL has tried for the last several years to reach out to hispanics without much success. But they have done well with women who now make up 38% of the fanbase.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 14, 2010, 05:14:36 PM

Can't improve on what I said. President Obama's supporters like MLB, NBA, and NFL. Not NASCAR.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So who's watching? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools