Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Me-Shawn takes a shot at Rice « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bryan12112

Starter

#15 : October 18, 2006, 06:57:13 PM

Well, I know Freeney has respect for Rice, so that Strahan comment is probably just bull****. He doesn't speak for the rest of the DE's in the NFL.

So Peppers is better than Rice, big deal. Peppers is probably better than ANY other DE in the game right now. But wasn't he suspended for taking steroids a while back? He's probably still juicing.

#16 : October 18, 2006, 07:46:00 PM

Sorry to say, but Mike Rucker is better than Rice also. Keyshawn wouldve made a bigger splash if he said that. I would probably take Charles Grant and Will Smith over Rice also. If Kerney and Abraham could ever stay healthy Rice would be even further down my list.

I like Rice when hes making plays, but he is nowhere to be seen far more often in the majority of teh last 3 years. 2004 was a mirror image of what hes doing this year, yet he still managed 12 sacks and nobody really acknowledged his disappearing acts. 2005 I thought he stepped his game up big time, and even played the run well. Now he's getting dominated again. I cant remember the last time he squared off against one of teh leagues better Tackles and didnt get dominated.

wtmcgee

Starter

#17 : October 18, 2006, 09:57:53 PM

I don't know many players other than maybe Simeon himself denying this one.  Peppers is of course one of the, if not the, best DEs in the league.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#18 : October 19, 2006, 12:59:47 PM

What Meshawn needs, is an introduction to a Jack Tatum like DB.

pantherfan

Starter

#19 : October 19, 2006, 12:59:35 AM

I said Pep was better than Rice this offseason and some people around here lost it. Glad you guys have seen the light.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#20 : October 19, 2006, 01:42:39 AM

Those guys are right about Sim...as much as I hate to say it. No one talks about Spires and he has done squat. White should be playing every down except for a breather. Our ends have not contributed much all year.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 19, 2006, 04:21:46 PM

huh?  what in the world does your being an appauled black man have to do with that????????

It was a quote by Keyshawn, he was appauled as a black man when that black player stepped on that other players head. (forget the game)

The joke is it has nothing to do with being black, but he made it a black issue.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

nflinsider

Starter

#22 : October 19, 2006, 08:13:14 AM

Whether you like Keyshawn or not, the guys is just saying what a lot of people have already said. Rice as always been critisized about being just a pass rusher and not being able to stop the run.

#23 : October 19, 2006, 08:15:28 AM

honestly.. Key refeered to himself as Shaq... Saying he was shaq and Smith was Kobe.. He is really full of himself.

Link?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 19, 2006, 08:18:56 AM

honestly.. Key refereed to himself as Shaq... Saying he was shaq and Smith was Kobe.. He is really full of himself.

But.. peppers is more of a play maker then rice..

Other than Marvin Harrison, name me one wide out, worth a damn, that isn't...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 19, 2006, 08:26:07 AM

Other than Marvin Harrison, name me one wide out, worth a damn, that isn't...

Torry Holt?  But you are right, great WRs are a different breed, and most of them have an extra helping of ego.

watson

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 19, 2006, 08:49:33 AM

Once upon a time Sapp said "if you don't want them celebrating after they score, then don't let them score"......well, in this case if the defense didn't want to hear Meshawn then they should have shut him down when they played the Punkthers.  They didn't so until they do something about it they will continue to hear from him.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 19, 2006, 08:52:04 AM

I'd agree with Tory, on the outside he comes across smooth and polished.  But I'll bet he has a little smack for you, if you need it...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 19, 2006, 08:56:37 AM

Rice deserves all of the disrespect he gets. he is nothing but an individual stat/sacks builder that he typically gets in streaks because he's playing against some fill in 6th rounder. He's piss poor against the run, continuously runs his mouth about his all time greatness and makes a TON of money. I can't wait to see his backside go down the road for a 1/2/3 round draft pick. If you don't agree, what do you think Deacon Jones or Reggie White's opinion of him as a high priced, mouthy DE would be. I think it would be embarrasing, what they would say.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 19, 2006, 09:05:54 AM

I love what Rice has brought to this team over the years. He was a force and one of the best pass rushing DE's in the game but......his time is over now. Key didn't say anything out of line, just speaking truth. Funny, people get pissed at players for not saying what they really feel but when the player does everyone gets angry......I don't get it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Me-Shawn takes a shot at Rice « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools