Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: February 17, 2010, 10:56:24 AM

It's like the big new movie. Everyone hypes it up. It's supposed to be the best movie of all time. You can't wait to see it. You count down the days. You stand in line to get your ticket. You buy your popcorn and soda and get all excited to see this great movie... Finally it starts...

....and then watching the movie you suddenly come to the realization...it sucks!

That pretty much explains America'a feelings towards Obama.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 18, 2010, 11:04:48 AM

...just thought it was interesting to see him fall so far, so fast, given all the worship that went on in the last couple of years.   

His strongpoint it clearly campaigning for president as opposed to actually, being president. 

The good news is, the electorate is starting to wake up (still have a long way to go) and pay more attention.

Really, the poll numbers are a bigger commentary about American voters who really don't know what they want, don't understand that things take time to fix, don't understand basic economics or international affairs. They don't like the unemployment rates, but complain when the gov't spends money to start up the economy. Millions of voters were laughed at when they voted from Obama, yet now, those millions are being taken seriously when they say they wouldn't vote for him in 2012. Very fickle and very unrealisitic.

I think it is more like the voters see Obama as Gaines Adams. The guys they really wanted weren't available and he seemed like an upgrade. But after a full season, he just isn't living up to the expectations.

Can we trade Obama to another country for a politician to be named later?

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 16, 2010, 11:32:36 PM

CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

By Michael O'Brien - 02/16/10 01:35 PM ET

52 percent of Americans said President Barack Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012, according to a new poll.

44 percent of all Americans said they would vote to reelect the president in two and a half years, less than the slight majority who said they would prefer to elect someone else.

Obama faces a 44-52 deficit among both all Americans and registered voters, according to a CNN/Opinion Research poll released Tuesday. Four percent had no opinion.

The reelection numbers are slightly more sour than Obama's approval ratings, which are basically tied. 49 percent of people told CNN that they approve of the way Obama is handling his job, while 50 percent disapprove.

Still, the 2012 election is still a long way's away, with this fall's midterm elections looming large. Republicans are hoping to make inroads into Congress, while Democrats are hoping to hold onto gains won in the 2006 and 2008 cycles.

Respondents to CNN were split at 46 percent as to whether they preferred a generic Republican or Democratic candidate in this fall's elections.

At least one retiring lawmaker is confident Obama will sail to reelection, with Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) predicting Monday the president would win "overwhelmingly" in 2012.

The CNN poll, conducted Feb. 12-15, has a three percent margin of error.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/81213-52-say-obama-doesnt-deserve-reelection-?tmpl=component&print=1&page=

burger40

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 16, 2010, 11:46:56 PM

polls now don't matter much. there is an eternity until 2010 even. however chris dodd isn't even running for re-election because the ethics probes are finally catching up with him. he lived off the public dime for 30 years and he's finally done, that guy has no credibility....about anything.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 17, 2010, 12:07:59 AM

polls now don't matter much.

Yep. In fact, when it comes to Obama and reelection, they don't matter at all.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#5 : February 17, 2010, 12:17:28 AM

I'm surprise it's not higher, but then again it's his first year. My prediction by the time 2012 rolls around, it will be more like 67% realistically, and boy am I being nice. Might be alot higher than that. Any takers? Your predictions?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 17, 2010, 12:30:07 AM

polls now don't matter much.

Yep. In fact, when it comes to Obama and reelection, they don't matter at all.

Evan Bayh disagrees. He says everyone who is an incumbant is going to be slaughtered during the next election cycle...even Obama.

The voters are pissed. And unlike before, the anger is not directed at one political party. And EVERYONE is pissed regardless of political affiliation. 75% of American voters said they are "angry" at the government at the federal level. This includes 88% of Republicans, 78% if independents, and even 61% of Democrats. They don't blame only the Republicans for the economic problem...they blame both parties now because they see the Democrat's spending habits are even worse than the GOP's. What hurts the Democrats is that they are just the last ones holding the bag during this little voter uprising.

I agree with Bayh. I think Congress  is going to get the shock of their lives in November. No one is safe anymore. The voters DON'T WANT a bigger government. And they will keep voting out incumbants under these idiots in Washington figure it out!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 17, 2010, 01:04:51 AM

I'm surprise it's not higher, but then again it's his first year. My prediction by the time 2012 rolls around, it will be more like 67% realistically, and boy am I being nice. Might be alot higher than that. Any takers? Your predictions?

67%? LOL. That's not realistic.

It will be anywhere from 45%-55%.

When 2012 comes around, wake me up. Hopefully we'll be talking about some dark horse 3rd party candidate.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 17, 2010, 01:16:01 AM

The only way a 3rd party candidate is going to have more than a snowball's chance in hell is if there is some big national issue that the two parties ignore or force a faction of one of the parties to break. The problem the 3rd parties are going to have is that the two-party system in America is polarized by liberal and conservative. The two parties have a monopoly on those political philosophies.

Keep in mind also the 11th amendment states that if no candidates gets over 50% of all the electoral votes cast, then the House of Representatives picks the president. So even if you can get a 3rd party to split the electoral vote, whichever party controls the majority of House delegations will install their party's candidate. Back in 1812, Thomas Jefferson lost the electoral vote but won the White House because no one in that election got more than 50%...so the House picked him for presdient.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 17, 2010, 01:24:38 AM

Here's a dark horse third party for ya. The name.......is Jesse Ventura. Former Govna of the great state of Minnesota. Had the highest approval rating of any Minnesota Governor in it's states history. My only problem with him is he believes in the draft, not the NFL Draft.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 17, 2010, 01:25:31 AM

At the end of the thread title, it should say "duh."

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 17, 2010, 02:24:36 AM

Here's a dark horse third party for ya. The name.......is Jesse Ventura. Former Govna of the great state of Minnesota. Had the highest approval rating of any Minnesota Governor in it's states history. My only problem with him is he believes in the draft, not the NFL Draft.

Jesse has been brought up here by me and others for a while now. But he's not going to run.

The reason he believes in the draft is because it would allow for the sons of our members of Congress to be drafted and thus, would make those folks (members of Congress who had a son drafted) think twice before sending the troops into a war or battle.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 17, 2010, 05:45:43 AM

Bush got re-elected after his first term and was wildly unpopular with the media and had low popularity ratings all around. Yet he still beat the crap out of Kerry. There's all this hoopla right now about Obama being incompetent, but if the economy has noticeably improved come re-election time and all the hate is watered down, he's going to be re-elected, especially if the Republicans don't have a candidate with wide appeal.

People in the middle are very fickle. All it will take them to approve of Obama again is a few news reports saying he's not doing that bad of a job, or maybe some interest piece. Maybe they'll see pictures of Obama attending an event they like and having fun during it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 17, 2010, 08:05:33 AM

People in the middle are very fickle. All it will take them to approve of Obama again is a few news reports saying he's not doing that bad of a job, or maybe some interest piece. Maybe they'll see pictures of Obama attending an event they like and having fun during it.

I agree.

People in the middle and plenty of other voters are easily manipulated. They continuously allow their emotions to be played with by candidate's commercials, photo ops and the usual political nonsense. They know how to sell themselves to the American consumer.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 17, 2010, 08:13:50 AM

You really think the war is going to be over in 3 years?

Obama cant get even a single international agreement of any sort, yet you think he's going to end the wars?

Hillary Clinton just escalated the war of words against Iran the other day, calling them a "miliary dictatorship." And they are beefing up their enrichment process.

I think its more likely we end up with another war on our hands pretty soon. Either that or the Israelis will start a war for us since they are saying they can't allow Iran to have nukes. And if Israel attacks Iran, Iran will declare war against us, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools