Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #15 : February 17, 2010, 08:24:59 AM »

"Military dictatorship" REALLY pissed off the Iranians. Almost as bad as if somebody put them in the "Axis of Evil."

Gotta be thankful for the comedic relief that Cyber brings to the topic of politics.

« #16 : February 17, 2010, 08:27:41 AM »

I'm one of those "people in the middle" and am far from fickle or easily swayed.  Careful with that broad brush you are using, you might be disregarding a fairly intelligent voter group that might just wake up and pay attention to issues one day..LOL..well, at least a minority of us do pay attention.  Even I have trouble believing a majority of centrist voters will all of a sudden grow brains.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #17 : February 17, 2010, 08:30:15 AM »

"Military dictatorship" REALLY pissed off the Iranians. Almost as bad as if somebody put them in the "Axis of Evil."

Gotta be thankful for the comedic relief that Cyber brings to the topic of politics.

Name a single international agreement Obama has made, Joe... Just name one.

And you trust this guy's inexperience with a situation as volitile as Iran?

There was a Chinese diplomat recently that said Chinese relations with the United States has gotten WORSE under Obama than with Bush. The Russians are also pissed.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #18 : February 17, 2010, 08:37:24 AM »

The other large factor to take into consideration at re-election time.....who are the Republicans running against him - 52% say Obama doesn't deserve re-election, but will those voters elect Palin in his place?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #19 : February 17, 2010, 08:53:32 AM »

I'm one of those "people in the middle" and am far from fickle or easily swayed.  Careful with that broad brush you are using, you might be disregarding a fairly intelligent voter group that might just wake up and pay attention to issues one day..LOL..well, at least a minority of us do pay attention.  Even I have trouble believing a majority of centrist voters will all of a sudden grow brains.

I should have prefaced it by, "A large number of..."

The awake people in the middle are our only hope if they stay there and bring some others with them.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #20 : February 17, 2010, 08:55:10 AM »

There was a Chinese diplomat recently that said Chinese relations with the United States has gotten WORSE under Obama than with Bush. The Russians are also pissed.

You bore me, Cyber. You're too one sided to have a conversation on political topics any more. I'll be ignoring your political nonsense from now on.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #21 : February 17, 2010, 08:56:53 AM »

The other large factor to take into consideration at re-election time.....who are the Republicans running against him - 52% say Obama doesn't deserve re-election, but will those voters elect Palin in his place?

No, they won't. I just can't see the Rs allowing Palin to be the one in 2012. If they do, they're screwed. The middle will not be able to bring themselves to pull the trigger for her. Romney and maybe, Brown, have the best shot, IMO.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #22 : February 17, 2010, 09:07:34 AM »

Who says its going to be Palin? If it turns out to be someone like Pataki, Mitt Romney, or even someone like Scott Brown for example, Obama has a serious problem because those guys have proven they can win in the bluest of blue states.

Keep in mind that in 1980, Ronald Reagan won 44 states over Jimmy Carter because practically the whole country was so sick of the guy's liberal politics. Only 22% of the country considers themselves "liberal." So Obama's far-left agenda does not appeal to most Americans. If he wants to survive, he needs to change and move to the middle like Clinton did. I don't think he will, because he is as stubborn as Carter. He will spend his entire presidency pushing a healthcare reform package that Congress will never be able to pass and the American people don't want. And that will cost him dearly in 2012.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #23 : February 17, 2010, 09:09:12 AM »

You bore me, Cyber. You're too one sided to have a conversation on political topics any more. I'll be ignoring your political nonsense from now on.

And you arn't? I've never seen you post a negative thing about Obama and the Democrats. Sure Im one-sided! Im a registered Republican and proud to be! But at least I admit the side I'm on. You are an Obama supporter who pretends to be in the middle.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #24 : February 17, 2010, 09:37:30 AM »

52%?

I call BS!

It has to be higher than that...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #25 : February 17, 2010, 09:39:49 AM »

I'll take that bet. 

« #26 : February 17, 2010, 09:43:34 AM »

I'm one of those "people in the middle" and am far from fickle or easily swayed. �Careful with that broad brush you are using, you might be disregarding a fairly intelligent voter group that might just wake up and pay attention to issues one day..LOL..well, at least a minority of us do pay attention. �Even I have trouble believing a majority of centrist voters will all of a sudden grow brains.

I should have prefaced it by, "A large number of..."

The awake people in the middle are our only hope if they stay there and bring some others with them.

Hey Joe, the most centrists just need a massive helping of mental expresso!  I believe things are bad enough that the partisan politics might be waking the "sleeping bear" and making people realize that our own complacency (sp?) and sheeplike voting behavior has created this situation.  (wishful thinking)

ranman

Pro Bowler
« #27 : February 17, 2010, 11:41:39 AM »

I do consider myself a Centrist.  That terms is getting framed in this thread as almost wishy washy. 

Maybe in lieu of that term I start referring to myself as a Realist.  Some of you are smoking the party pipe if you envision either side coming in and forcing their will on the other.  There HAS to be some middle ground.  Unfortunately, that middle ground has all but evaporated with such strong opposition to either's belief.

Third party won't get it done either.  I'll go on record as stating that for all of the good that has come out of the Tea Party - you will see too many hands in that cookie jar within the year.  Too many oppowsing viewpoints.  Ultimately it will end up a rather small chapter in our Kids Poli Sci books.....

Dash Riprock

Starter

« #28 : February 17, 2010, 11:55:17 AM »

Gotta love Joes elitest snobbery, " You bore me", what a load of of spit. He's a closet lefty, always been. The guys a cameraman on some of the mindnumbly dumbest crap on tv, yet he portrays himself as some sort of psudeo intellectual. Stick to the fairies Joe thats about your level. Seriously dude is the biggest whinning terd I've read on this board. Your an embarressment to the great state of NY. Can't wait to read his response.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #29 : February 17, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »

Just one question:

When these poll numbers came out, did Fox News celebrate?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools