Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it time to try Dan Buenning at center? « previous next »
Page: 1

gone

Hall of Famer
: October 22, 2007, 12:35:39 PM

I think Dan can make the transition as well, but it won't be this year.  Had he been healthy it still would have been a tough move, the injury really killed it.  I think the fact he's still here says the team thinks he's gonna be it to me.  The fact that Lehr is activated instead of Dan says they don't think he's ready to come in and do it this year.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 22, 2007, 12:29:36 PM

The Oline has played well this season.  I think that DJ's fall in play can be attributed to Wade being so weak this season.  We need a C really bad, I for one still that that DB can be that guy.  He was coming off an injury this past offseason and wasn't 100%.  He has all the tools to be an above average C in this league.  The guy is smart, strong, and athletic he will preform when given the chance and healthy.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#2 : October 22, 2007, 11:10:09 AM

Wade is the weak link in this line, Sears and Joseph have to help this guy all the time instead of being able to help Trueblood or Penn.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#3 : October 22, 2007, 11:01:12 AM

That's becuase Dan B is still recovering. If he was a 100%, we would be our starter
And you know this because you have seen Buenning line up at center and dominate?

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

thanson

Starter

#4 : October 22, 2007, 10:32:53 AM

That's becuase Dan B is still recovering. If he was a 100%, we would be our starter

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#5 : October 22, 2007, 09:38:39 AM

We're already playing three 3 2nd yr and one rook on the OL. No way we go to a guy that has never played a snap of NFL football at the position at this point in the season. The time for beating out Wade was in the pre-season.

Besides, Buenning is aparently behind Lehr on the depth chart. Both are supposed to be able to play both positions, yet Buenning is inactive every week. Hence, if Wade goes, Lehr steps in. 

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

#6 : October 22, 2007, 09:16:41 AM

A lot of those snaps vs Lions were very low...   

thanson

Starter

#7 : October 22, 2007, 09:10:18 AM

If we had betteer WR, we could use the shotgun

#8 : October 22, 2007, 09:07:53 AM

if we used more shot gun...  those fumbles dont happen. 

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 22, 2007, 08:35:39 AM

Is he healthy enough. Wade is the weak link in the oline. Maybe at the bye week.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

thanson

Starter

#10 : October 22, 2007, 08:51:37 AM

Dan is probably are smartest O-line guy. I am not sure where he is on the health chart but once given the ok, he will be a brut force int he middle.

BUCky Badger

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 22, 2007, 12:20:40 PM

Nice assesment Caradoc.  Not picking up a true center in FA or the draft was in mistake IMO.  I also believe we need a new o-line coach, Muir has been givin every opportunity and has failed miserably.

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 22, 2007, 11:50:23 AM

What's worrisome about Wade is that he seems to be wearing down.  The snaps are getting worse, and he's struggling to hold the point more than he used to.  And he already struggled.  He seems to be getting a little bit sloppy in his technique at times.

It's a moot point anyway, even if Dan was healthy we wouldn't make the move.  We kept Mahan in all last year and he was a lot more of a weakness than Wade.  If we want this line to gel you can't move the center easily, especially with a 2nd year RG and rookie LG.  This oline is YOUNG, and theoretically Wade's experience is needed more than a stronger center.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 22, 2007, 11:38:32 AM

Wade is the weakest point of our line. He needs to be replaced as soon as possible.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#14 : October 22, 2007, 11:29:56 AM

Wade is the weak link in this line, Sears and Joseph have to help this guy all the time instead of being able to help Trueblood or Penn.
That is absurd. If you charted every play in the league, I would bet that there is a guard/center combo block on 90% of plays, especially against a 4 man DL. A guard helping a tackle on an outside pass rush by a DE is not the norm. On an inside stunt by the DE, the guard gets involved because the end is coming straight at him.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is it time to try Dan Buenning at center? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools