Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oregon RB arrested. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 19, 2010, 05:50:12 PM

Not the OJ Simpson history

OJ wasn't a USC criminal. He was well past his Buffalo Bills career and met his wife after that. What the hell?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 20, 2010, 10:22:38 PM

Eesh...

Yet another Duck runs afoul of the law
Posted by John Taylor on February 20, 2010 6:21 PM ET

On Friday, head coach Chip Kelly said the following about the spate of legal incidents that have hit his Oregon football program since the calendar turned from 2009 to 2010:
"If a player doesn't live up to the standards we have for the football program, then they're not going to be here," Kelly said Friday. "But I'm also not going to follow our kids around every Friday or Saturday night so I can see what happened to them."

After the events of 2:19 a.m. PST, Kelly might want to consider a chaperone service.  Or shadowing his players.  Or putting his program on lockdown while shadowing the chaperones.

Unbelievably, and, as noted by The Oregonian, mere hours after Kelly's impromptu state-of-the-program address, yet another Duck has found himself in legal hot water.

Redshirt sophomore-to-be Kiko Alonso was pulled over early Saturday morning and charged with DUI, the paper reports.  The linebacker was arrested at a local 7-Eleven.

(Is their coffee really that good?)

Alonso becomes the fifth -- fifth -- player to be arrested in less than a month.

Star running back LaMichael James was arrested in the middle of last week on domestic violence charges, which included ominous words such as "strangulation" and "menacing".

Kicker Rob Beard was charged with assault on the same day of James' arrest after allegedly slapping a 19-year-old female last month.  That precipitated a brawl that involved upwards of 40 people and ultimately ended with Beard unconscious courtesy of several boots/Dockers to the head.  And initially hospitalized in intensive care in critical condition before undergoing facial surgery.

Matt Simms was charged with simple assault late last month for allegedly retaliating against a person he believed was involved in Beard's beating. 

And that's without even mentioning the accusations levied against star quarterback Jeremiah Masoli, who was fingered by several frat brothers as one of two perps in a robbery at their fraternity house.  The other perp?  Wide receiver Garrett Embry, who, along with Simms, is no longer part of the program.

We don't know what Kelly should do about all of these off-field incidents, but we will offer up a little perspective into the situations: what you're doing simply ain't working.  Not even remotely.  And your players are doing nothing but embarrassing your football program and, more importantly, your university.

Females -- allegedly -- aren't the only people getting a black eye out of all of this tumult.

At least from the outside looking in, it looks very much like Kelly is the lead man of a program that's running amuck and roughshod through the streets of Eugene.

Certainly, that's not the case.  But appearances can be a dog.  As can digging yourself out of a PR hole a little less than a year after first taking over the program.

hahaha I know all you can do is laugh. Kiko is probably one of my favorite Ducks too. They released him as soon as he got to the station so they may not even charge him other than underage drinking. Chip kelly is a pretty cold person he isnt nice to the media... I cant imagine what hes like to these players, he has that east coast swagger.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 20, 2010, 03:31:22 PM

Did you guys see Dungy wwearing the OREGON FOOTBALL cap at the Winter Olympics?

If Dungy is supporting it, you know there is a HUGE morality problem happening....

uhh his son is going to Oregon... its called supporting his son. And yes hes good friends with Chip Kelly so is Gruden.

It is a joke man.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 20, 2010, 05:38:33 PM

It is a joke man.
He isn't too good at understanding those when their about Blount/Oregon

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 20, 2010, 06:46:07 PM

Eesh...

Yet another Duck runs afoul of the law
Posted by John Taylor on February 20, 2010 6:21 PM ET

On Friday, head coach Chip Kelly said the following about the spate of legal incidents that have hit his Oregon football program since the calendar turned from 2009 to 2010:
"If a player doesn't live up to the standards we have for the football program, then they're not going to be here," Kelly said Friday. "But I'm also not going to follow our kids around every Friday or Saturday night so I can see what happened to them."

After the events of 2:19 a.m. PST, Kelly might want to consider a chaperone service.  Or shadowing his players.  Or putting his program on lockdown while shadowing the chaperones.

Unbelievably, and, as noted by The Oregonian, mere hours after Kelly's impromptu state-of-the-program address, yet another Duck has found himself in legal hot water.

Redshirt sophomore-to-be Kiko Alonso was pulled over early Saturday morning and charged with DUI, the paper reports.  The linebacker was arrested at a local 7-Eleven.

(Is their coffee really that good?)

Alonso becomes the fifth -- fifth -- player to be arrested in less than a month.

Star running back LaMichael James was arrested in the middle of last week on domestic violence charges, which included ominous words such as "strangulation" and "menacing".

Kicker Rob Beard was charged with assault on the same day of James' arrest after allegedly slapping a 19-year-old female last month.  That precipitated a brawl that involved upwards of 40 people and ultimately ended with Beard unconscious courtesy of several boots/Dockers to the head.  And initially hospitalized in intensive care in critical condition before undergoing facial surgery.

Matt Simms was charged with simple assault late last month for allegedly retaliating against a person he believed was involved in Beard's beating. 

And that's without even mentioning the accusations levied against star quarterback Jeremiah Masoli, who was fingered by several frat brothers as one of two perps in a robbery at their fraternity house.  The other perp?  Wide receiver Garrett Embry, who, along with Simms, is no longer part of the program.

We don't know what Kelly should do about all of these off-field incidents, but we will offer up a little perspective into the situations: what you're doing simply ain't working.  Not even remotely.  And your players are doing nothing but embarrassing your football program and, more importantly, your university.

Females -- allegedly -- aren't the only people getting a black eye out of all of this tumult.

At least from the outside looking in, it looks very much like Kelly is the lead man of a program that's running amuck and roughshod through the streets of Eugene.

Certainly, that's not the case.  But appearances can be a **CENSORED**.  As can digging yourself out of a PR hole a little less than a year after first taking over the program.

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#35 : February 21, 2010, 01:17:58 AM

USC > Oregon, and that will never change.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 21, 2010, 02:00:00 AM

USC > Oregon, and that will never change.

in what curling?

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#37 : February 21, 2010, 06:33:33 AM

USC 11 National Championships.
Oregon 0.

Yup, curling.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 21, 2010, 10:56:13 AM

Jamere Holland facebook....

how the **CENSORED** you kick kinko off the team,,, on some weak **CENSORED**, **CENSORED**s always faded he slipped up but ive been slippn up, and I'm still here, that **CENSORED** weak buff cuh could have done damage for the ducks, that **CENSORED** is weak, weak ass **CENSORED**, quote me

Most DUI get 1 or 2 games. Chip Kelly is losing this team. I guess a lot of players are posting stuff like this. Have fun Chip dealin with a team that thinks you throw players under the bus to stay face with the media.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 21, 2010, 12:23:20 PM

how the fudge you kick kinko off the team,,, on some weak crap, **CENSORED**s always faded he slipped up but ive been slippn up, and I'm still here, that crap weak buff cuh could have done damage for the ducks, that crap is weak, weak butt fudge, quote me

Most DUI get 1 or 2 games. Chip Kelly is losing this team. I guess a lot of players are posting stuff like this. Have fun Chip dealin with a team that thinks you throw players under the bus to stay face with the media.

OBF, that does not sound good .... Leavitt lost just a few players and see what happened to him. Kelly needs to make sure he keeps up the on the field results.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 21, 2010, 01:37:08 PM

how the fudge you kick kinko off the team,,, on some weak crap, **CENSORED**s always faded he slipped up but ive been slippn up, and I'm still here, that crap weak buff cuh could have done damage for the ducks, that crap is weak, weak butt fudge, quote me

OBF, that does not sound good .... Leavitt lost just a few players and see what happened to him. Kelly needs to make sure he keeps up the on the field results.

Lost...choked...whatever.  :D

www.Atlbucs.com

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 21, 2010, 03:06:22 PM

::) ..... leavitt isn't gone because he "choked" any players. A few players "story" about him choking a player gave the administration an out to move him along without totally covering his contract... Ruining WVU's season every couple of years wasn't enough to override not seriously competing for the BE title since 2005.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 21, 2010, 04:13:06 PM

::) ..... leavitt isn't gone because he "choked" any players. A few players "story" about him choking a player gave the administration an out to move him along without totally covering his contract... Ruining WVU's season every couple of years wasn't enough to override not seriously competing for the BE title since 2005.

haha, guess you couldn't just laugh that one off.  Ruining our season?  As long as we finish ranked (5 years in a row - 2 BCS wins) I think we're doing ok.  Our season would only be ruined if we consistently fell apart in the second half of the season..

www.Atlbucs.com

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 21, 2010, 04:20:30 PM

Lost...choked...whatever.� :D

haha, guess you couldn't just laugh that one off.  Ruining our season?  As long as we finish ranked (5 years in a row - 2 BCS wins) I think we're doing ok.  Our season would only be ruined if we consistently fell apart in the second half of the season..

The wound is too fresh to laugh of ....   :'(

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 21, 2010, 04:32:16 PM

I think you got an upgrade - I wouldn't be sad about that switch at all if I were a USF guy.

www.Atlbucs.com
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oregon RB arrested. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools