Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So who is Freeman supposed to throw to next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

#15 : February 19, 2010, 01:02:50 AM

lol he just said Jordan Shipley and Riley Cooper are studs.

RILEY COOPER?

yea no riley cooper not at all.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 19, 2010, 01:14:23 AM

We should just resign Bryant instead of letting our best WR get away. UNFREAKINREAL.

1. The Glazers dont want to pay the money.
2. No one seems to like his attitude.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#17 : February 19, 2010, 01:18:54 AM

I don't want Bryant break. Too much risk.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
#18 : February 19, 2010, 01:43:41 AM

Bryant's not as good as Galloway was with the Bucs.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
#19 : February 19, 2010, 01:45:19 AM

Galloway had 3 1000 yard seasons with the Bucs.
Bryant has had 2 in his career.

I mean, yeah.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 19, 2010, 01:47:31 AM

Galloway was better with us not gonna lie.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 19, 2010, 01:54:16 AM

I mean, yeah.
How many has Galloway been the number 1 with Tampa, Seattle? and Bryant a #2 in other systems?  With Cleveland and San Fran?

Yeah.

Bryant is a good WR.  Period.

Galloway could catch 2 passes and have 100 yards.  He was a different breed of wideout.

Pure speed.

Bryant is a playmaker, and a guy who can run ANY route.

We know what they are, and watching football, you should know better than to post nonsense like this.  Last year was abysmal.  And I give Bryant more and more credit for getting ANYTHING with the QB debacle, the mish-mash offense, and his knee injury.

Yeah.  That.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#22 : February 19, 2010, 01:59:47 AM

I mean, yeah.
How many has Galloway been the number 1 with Tampa, Seattle? and Bryant a #2 in other systems? With Cleveland and San Fran?

Yeah.

Bryant is a good WR. Period.

Galloway could catch 2 passes and have 100 yards. He was a different breed of wideout.

Pure speed.

Bryant is a playmaker, and a guy who can run ANY route.

We know what they are, and watching football, you should know better than to post nonsense like this. Last year was abysmal. And I give Bryant more and more credit for getting ANYTHING with the QB debacle, the mish-mash offense, and his knee injury.

Yeah. That.

With Bryant's skill set, he should be a #1 anywhere he goes, but as you said, he hasn't been. With Bryant's skill set, there's no reason for him to be on his 4th (and going to be 5th team) before the age of 30, but he is. With Bryant's skill set, there's no reason for him to be as unproductive as he has been overall for his career, but he has been.

Bryant can do anything as a WR. As you said, he can wrong any route. He's big, he's strong, he's fast.

However, as I said, he's too big of a risk that I don't want back. Go watch film of the Saints game in New Orleans, and tell me you give him credit. Go watch him quit on 2 routes and have it end up as Freeman picks, and tell me you give him credit.

I LOVE his talents at the WR position, and honestly Benn reminds me a lot of Bryant.

However, he's an attitude and an injury question, he's not wory the risk.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 19, 2010, 02:07:51 AM

Personally, I would rather the BUcs, with their HUGE cap space, just pay Bryant, and continue their quest to add playmakers through the draft after they PAY THE MAN.  The BUcs have tons of cap room.  Bryant will not get the highest contract for a WR in the NFL.  Pay the man, let him run healthy in a REAL offense for a season (ugh...at least one that is implemented for a duration with ONE qb), give him more WRs lined up next to him that can make a defense sweat, and the BUcs might have a lot of good going for them.

The BUcs have NOTHING, and for you to rely on the draft to solve your WR angst is absurd.  I am sick of watching crappy football.  Dominik needs to suck it up and resign the guy...PERIOD.  College kids are crapshoots.  You saying this guy reminds me of that guy means nothing to me.  I know what Bryant can do.  I do not know what ANY kid in college can do in the NFL.  Think for a second.  Stop talking about attitude problems.  What attitude?  Link?  the guy wanted to play.  He was held back because Rah said no way.  He wanted to practice MORE...not less.  He leads by being an example.  He made plays.  He didn;t bash the QB situation.  He grew frustrated.  Hell man, as a FAN I grew frustrated.  Can you imagine what he must of felt as a player? 

C'mon man.  Spare me your crap.  Seriously.  Bryant can ball.  He is the ONLY Buc WR that can ball. 

You cannot convince me of anything else....you use a college player that does not even exist on the roster as your excuse?

PFFFFFFFF.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#24 : February 19, 2010, 02:09:47 AM

I didn't use anything as an excuse not to bring Bryant back other than I don't think he's worth the risk of whatever they'd have to pay him.

It doesn't matter anyway, he's not coming back no matter what either of us think.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 19, 2010, 02:11:37 AM

I didn't use anything as an excuse not to bring Bryant back other than I don't think he's worth the risk of whatever they'd have to pay him.

It doesn't matter anyway, he's not coming back no matter what either of us think.
He most likely is not coming back.  I don't blame him.  The Bucs are cheap, and the offense is run poorly.

And what risk?  If you are arguin money, well...the BUcs have cap room for days and days man...what risk again?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#26 : February 19, 2010, 02:19:17 AM

There's no cap, everybody has money for days and days.

Doesn't mean that we're going to spend all that money. There's no cap in baseball, can everybody just blow money? No.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 19, 2010, 02:24:50 AM

There's no cap, everybody has money for days and days.

Doesn't mean that we're going to spend all that money. There's no cap in baseball, can everybody just blow money? No.
God...now we are arguing about NO CAP?  In a cap season?

Funny.  Your argument fails man.  I can admit defeat.  But what you are selling is garbage.

Again, what risk?  What attitude?

Keep in mind, risk applies to EVERYONE.  Espescially regarding health.

Attitide?  Where?  Is it attitude?  Or is it frustration?  Did you watch the BUcs this year?  It was sad.

You lose Bryant, who is the best FA wideout in the NFL thisyear, and what do you have?  Stroughter, Clayton, Stovall, Clark...and some kid from college.

Yeah.  That is a way to develop Freeman.

FAIL. 

Not buying your brand Pirates.  Not at all.  And there is nothing you can say that will tell me that you knw what the hell you are talking about, in terms of placing a solid foundation for the offense.  Sorry man.

Unless the BUcs sign Bryant, expect a 2 win season.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#28 : February 19, 2010, 02:31:05 AM

And if they sign Bryant how many wins do you expect?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 19, 2010, 02:35:34 AM

And if they sign Bryant how many wins do you expect?

Which is better than 2.  And gives Freeman a legit target.  And makes for one more week of happy.

Seriously?

What are you arguin now?  Do you think what we have at WR is even close to considering dropping Antonio?

Also, you have dodged and dodged...what attitude...what risk?  And then aply it to any WR you bring up.

Quit now Pirates.  I understand you are arguing your point, but really, there is no point anymore.  You aint swaying me, or any other smart fan about the merits of Antonio Bryant.

People who know football do not bring up random numbers with no thought of application.  See?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So who is Freeman supposed to throw to next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools