Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The movie "Law Abiding Citizen" is a must see! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Coburn

Rookie

#15 : February 21, 2010, 12:55:16 PM

Yeah as mentioned above the ending sucked. 90% of the movie seemed clever and well thought out. The ending however seemed poorly thouight out, planned, and just logistically didn't make a lot of sense. Trying not to give it away but based on everything that happens throughout the movie and what you find out about the character for it to end the way that it did is highly unlikely logically and then also the timing based on where the characters were also makes it highly unlikely logistically.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 21, 2010, 01:36:32 PM

This movie sucks.... Complete garbage...

It lacks any real in depth thought and Jamie Foxx is hard to take serious.

I never felt any sympathy during the movie, nor was I on the edge of my seat. Very dull movie in a land of make believe.

Complete waste of time.

kbl11

Starter

#17 : February 21, 2010, 06:22:21 PM

hercules, you sound like me after watching District 9, while everyone else said it was the best sci fi movie in 30 years

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 21, 2010, 06:51:38 PM

hercules, you sound like me after watching District 9, while everyone else said it was the best sci fi movie in 30 years

District 9 didn't blow me away like it did to some people.

To be honest I didn't really enjoy watching the movie. It starts off pretty slow... really slow and the script wasn't great. Wasn't an awful movie just not anything that I would ever watch again.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 21, 2010, 07:40:23 PM

and this, my friends, is why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#20 : February 21, 2010, 07:53:09 PM

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 21, 2010, 08:03:58 PM

Doesn't look like your image worked, but I suck because I thought the movie was garbage?

Okay

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 21, 2010, 08:07:54 PM

and this, my friends, is why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors!!
Yup, just stating my opinion on the movie like everyone else. Obviously the movie is a success, but I didn't see any reason why the movie has been drawing such high praise. Very basic imaginary plot that has zero chance of actually happening, but that's Hollywood I guess.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#23 : February 21, 2010, 08:11:28 PM

There, I got it Herc, ENJOY! Still love ya though, no hard feelings.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#24 : February 22, 2010, 04:01:39 PM

Law Abiding Citizen is absolutely great until the very end.  The ending is so childish and garbage predictable that it ruins the entire movie and makes me wish I didn't even watch it.
I agree the ending is so bad, however I definitely am glad I watched the movie... Absolutely loved it.

It was better in theater for sure though... the big screen and the sound really brought it too life.

If the ending had been better this would be one of my favorite movies.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#25 : February 22, 2010, 07:41:26 PM

You want to see a horrible ending, rent "No Country For Old Men". I think were underrating the ending a bit on LAC. Yeah, it wasn't the greatest ending, but it didn't destroy the whole experience.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 22, 2010, 07:48:47 PM

I saw No Country for old men.   That movie didn't leave me feeling ripped off at the end like Law Abiding Citizen.   It would have been so easy for them to come up with a great ending given what they had done so far.   Considering how unpredictable the movie was all the way through, then having a predictable and run of the mill ending, I rate it as the worst ending I've ever seen in any film.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 22, 2010, 09:17:43 PM

I saw No Country for old men.   That movie didn't leave me feeling ripped off at the end like Law Abiding Citizen.   It would have been so easy for them to come up with a great ending given what they had done so far.   Considering how unpredictable the movie was all the way through, then having a predictable and run of the mill ending, I rate it as the worst ending I've ever seen in any film.
+1

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#28 : February 22, 2010, 09:23:41 PM

+1

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 22, 2010, 09:29:46 PM

You must own a video store...

That movie sucked.. and I'm confused why you take it personally.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The movie "Law Abiding Citizen" is a must see! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools