Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Plan 2007-2008 « previous next »
Page: 1

Aratar

Rookie

: March 03, 2007, 10:13:24 PM

Ok, first in my opinion the Broncos just traded Plummer to get rid of him and both parties know he will retire... so lets take him out of the equation...

2007:

Draft:
1st Rnd: Calvin Johnson WR (If we don't get him I think we should get either Alan Branch or Gaines Adams or Trade down and get Amobi Akoye and another draft pick)
2nd Rnd: Since we are high up in the draft order we can probably get a 1st rounder that falls to the 2nd... someone like S Michael Griffin from Texas
2nd Rnd: Best Defensive Lineman available
3rd Rnd: Best OLB

So for our QB's we will have:
1. Garcia (starter)
2. Simms
3. Gradkowski

Running Backs: We have Caddy and Pittman so we are good at RB

Full Backs: We just signed Alstott for PR purposes (and a decoy on the Goal Line), and we may give him carries when we need to get the crowd into the game. We SHOULD however sign Justin Griffith, a good blocking fullback to punch holes for Caddy and Pittman.

Wide Receivers:
Joey Galloway (The one playmaker we actually had last year)
Michael Clayton (If he could only return to his rookie form...)
Maurice Stovall (showed a lot of promise last year)
David Boston (Maybe he can start using his steroids again)
And of Course... Calvin Johnson (Assuming were able and do draft him)
And all the other nameless WR's Chuckie has assembled

Tight Ends:
Alex Smith... and those other guys...

O-Line:
RT Jeremy Trueblood
RG Davin Joseph
C John Wade
LG Leonard Davis (He will be much better at gaurd,
LT Luke Petigout (Shouldn't cost too much, seeing as how he is coming off of injury)

D-Line:
RE: Simeon Rice
LE: Either Greg Spires or rookie from the 2nd round
DT: Chris Hovan
DT: Ellis Wyms or rookie from 2nd round

Linebackers:
LOLB: Ryan Nece or rookie from 3rd round
MLB: Quarles or Ruud if he retires
ROLB: Mr. Derrick Brooks

Corner Backs:
Ronde Barber
Brian Kelly/Buchanon/Cox

Safety: (This is a lot bigger need then people seem to realize, they blew coverage and missed tackles a lot)
FS: Will Allen or Michael Griffin if he falls
SS: Jermaine Phillips or " "

Now, if we do HORRIBLE next season we will be without Chuckles and a chance to add another good player... maybe a QB like Brian Brohm (who would do good, because we would not have West Coast Offense anymore) or the replacement for Derrick Brooks.

However, I think we will do good enough next year to save Gruden's job, I seriously doubt the playoffs, but hey we do play in the NFC...

So after our fairly good season and Garcia gets NFL Comeback Player of the Year, we go after Matt Schuab who would be an unrestricted Free Agent. You might say we would get outbid easily by another team, but don't rush to judgement so quickly. What Matt Schuab does great is run the West Coast Offense. Which teams other then us run the West Coast Offense? The Answer: Philly, Green Bay, and Seattle... none of whom would need a QB(GB has Aaron Rodgers). So that leaves us, and thus we get Schuab. Garcia starts in 2008 giving Schuab a year to be mentored by a a great executer of the WCO...

And so this is what you see on the ESPN ticker in 2009:

Bucs(5-0) 38, Panthers(2-3) 17... Matt Schuab: 34 of 40, for 317 yds, 4 TD's, 0 INT's.... Calvin Johnson: 12 rec, 148 yds, 3 TD's... etc. etc.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 03, 2007, 10:16:56 PM

Matt Schuab is an unproven QB. No way I want to give up a 2nd rounder for him. The draft idea is pretty good though.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 03, 2007, 10:20:10 PM

I'd rather stay with Simms than take a chance on Schaub.

#3 : March 03, 2007, 10:26:41 PM

Ok, first in my opinion the Broncos just traded Plummer to get rid of him and both parties know he will retire... so lets take him out of the equation...

2007:

Draft:
1st Rnd: Calvin Johnson WR (If we don't get him I think we should get either Alan Branch or Gaines Adams or Trade down and get Amobi Akoye and another draft pick)
2nd Rnd: Since we are high up in the draft order we can probably get a 1st rounder that falls to the 2nd... someone like Ben Grubbs for our guard or Ryan Kalil and we trade Wade from Texas

1. Garcia (starter)
2. Simms
3. Gradkowski

Full Backs: We just signed Alstott for PR purposes (and a decoy on the Goal Line), and we may give him carries when we need to get the crowd into the game. We SHOULD however sign Justin Griffith, a good blocking fullback to punch holes for Caddy and Pittman.

Wide Receivers:
David Boston (Maybe he can start using his steroids again)

Tight Ends:

O-Line:
RT Jeremy Trueblood
RG Davin Joseph
C John Wade
LG Leonard Davis (He will be much better at gaurd,
LT Luke Petigout (Shouldn't cost too much, seeing as how he is coming off of injury)

D-Line:

Linebackers:

Corner Backs:
Ronde Barber
Brian Kelly/Buchanon/Cox

Safety: (This is a lot bigger need then people seem to realize, they blew coverage and missed tackles a lot)
FS: Will Allen or Michael Griffin if he falls

Now, if we do HORRIBLE next season we will be without Chuckles and a chance to add another good player... maybe a QB like Brian Brohm (who would do good, because we would not have West Coast Offense anymore) or the replacement for Derrick Brooks.

However, I think we will do good enough next year to save Gruden's job, I seriously doubt the playoffs, but hey we do play in the NFC...

So after our fairly good season and Garcia gets NFL Comeback Player of the Year, we go after Matt Schuab who would be an unrestricted Free Agent. You might say we would get outbid easily by another team, but don't rush to judgement so quickly. What Matt Schuab does great is run the West Coast Offense. Which teams other then us run the West Coast Offense? The Answer: Philly, Green Bay, and Seattle... none of whom would need a QB(GB has Aaron Rodgers). So that leaves us, and thus we get Schuab. Garcia starts in 2008 giving Schuab a year to be mentored by a a great executer of the WCO...

And so this is what you see on the ESPN ticker in 2009:

Bucs(5-0) 38, Panthers(2-3) 17... Matt Schuab: 34 of 40, for 317 yds, 4 TD's, 0 INT's.... Calvin Johnson: 12 rec, 148 yds, 3 TD's... etc. etc.

2007:

Draft:
2nd Rnd: Since we are high up in the draft order we can probably get a 1st rounder that falls to the 2nd... someone like Ben Grubbs for our guard or Ryan Kalil and we trade Wade from Texas

1. Simms (starter)
2. Garcia
3. Gradkowski

Plummer will retire

Full Backs: Askew and Alstott our 1-2 punch making holes for Caddy and Pittman. and Alstott at the goaline

Wide Receivers:

Tight Ends:

O-Line:
RT Jeremy Trueblood
RG Davin Joseph
C John Wade
LG Ben Grubbs Auburn 2nd roundA

D-Line:

Linebackers:

Corner Backs:
Ronde Barber
Brian Kelly/Buchanon/Cox

FS: Will Allen

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 03, 2007, 10:29:15 PM

Cadillac Jr.
We have Dan Buenning, a guard at 2a isn't going to happen. I think we are going Defense in the 2nd round at 35.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Aratar

Rookie

#5 : March 03, 2007, 10:30:26 PM

Matt Schuab is an unproven QB. No way I want to give up a 2nd rounder for him. The draft idea is pretty good though.

He would be unrestricted in 2008... wouldnt have to give up anything...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 03, 2007, 10:39:08 PM

He would be unrestricted in 2008... wouldnt have to give up anything...
Still don't want him unproven, I perfer Simms.

Aratar

Rookie

#7 : March 03, 2007, 10:47:37 PM

Simms does not fit the West Coast offense... Gradkowski fits better than he does.... and Schuab much more so (He played with it in College)

#8 : March 03, 2007, 10:49:11 PM

Simms does not fit the West Coast offense... Gradkowski fits better than he does.... and Schuab much more so (He played with it in College)

Simms fits it is just that Simms throws with a bad arch which garcia said he would help him with

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#9 : March 03, 2007, 10:58:55 PM

Honestly, I agree with all of that except Matt Shaub.  Add BJ Askew to the FB part and you're dead on.

As far as QB's go, I think Garcia starts in 2007-2008 with his clone, Bruce Gradkowski, learning to take over in 2009.

Aratar

Rookie

#10 : March 03, 2007, 11:21:38 PM

Why don't any of you have any faith at all with Schuab??

#11 : March 03, 2007, 11:22:01 PM

Scott Mitchell.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 03, 2007, 11:22:48 PM

Shuan King fits best

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Plan 2007-2008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools