Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PS3 game "Heavy Rain" is going to be sick! « previous next »
Page: 1

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

« : February 21, 2010, 05:50:52 PM »

Ive been waiting along for this game to come out. With over 120 reviews from many well established gaming sites it has averaged a score of 9/10 with many perfect reviews. It is brought to you by the same people who developed the PS2 hit, The Indigo Prophecy. They mention that this game could've only been done on the PS3. It comes out on February 23rd. Here are some of the sick graphics on it, along with a detailed description of the game if your not familiar.

"Heavy Rain is a single player, action/adventure game with a particularly strong emphasis on a player-influenced storyline as a means of facilitating the evolution of action towards one of many possible conclusions. The game features four playable characters: a father, a photographer, a FBI agent with a special skill set and a retired cop turned private detective. Each have different paths, means and motives to ending the reign of terror that the Origami Killer has imposed on their city. As players follow the path laid before their character of choice, they are able to explore, interact with and view their surroundings in a variety of ways using their controllerĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s left and right sticks. At crucial times players are given a series of choices relating to how to proceed in various situations, with the outcome of these choices revealing both benefits and consequences. Benefits can be important to progressing through the game, while possible consequences can in turn pose a very real danger to characters, including death. But unlike other games, and because Heavy Rain features four playable characters that exist independently of each other, yet simultaneously within the same the story arc, this does not end the game. Players are instead able to play as one of the other available characters, with appropriate changes to possible outcomes due to the absence of the deceased character(s)"

« #1 : February 21, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »

I played The Indigo Prophecy and thought the controls were terrible. Then I download the demo to this and the controls are get again terrible. This game looks amazing though and with all the different things that happen with what you say and do, it will surely have some big replay value.

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

« #2 : February 21, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »

Yeah, I have'nt downloaded the demo yet, I probably wont get to. My internet is satelite hookup so it will take hours to download. They did say the controls were unique, but are they similar to The Indigo Prophecy. I dont think I minded at all the controls of Indigo Prophecy if so. They say it has a very high replay value because you  can make different decisions that have different outcomes each time you replay it.

kbl11

Starter

« #3 : February 21, 2010, 06:20:50 PM »

my friend got the demo, this game looks sick

In the new Entertainment Weekly they gave it a A-, and rave reviews. They have it graded higher than Dantes INferno and Bioshock 2

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

« #4 : February 21, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »

Playing the demo IMO makes the game a very unique game, the story line is top rate, the situations is top rate. The action of the game when things happens keeps your fingers close to your controller with so many button combo's you need to pull or do before something will happen ( per say your character dies and you lose that part of the story-investigation). Cant wait for Tuesday.  If your on the fence with this game its always your best bet to try a demo or rent the game first. I will be buying this game though.

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

« #5 : February 21, 2010, 06:49:27 PM »

This will be a game that I will buy too, it's been a while since i've bought a game since I've had Gamefly. Plus, I can only have 2 games out at time on my membership plan and I'm at that limit.

kbl11

Starter

« #6 : February 22, 2010, 04:36:02 AM »

My friend rented Dantes INferno, that games pretty sweet

I just play Worms all the time though, anyone got that old game? You have ot buy it from the PS3 onlien store

« #7 : February 22, 2010, 04:57:53 AM »

I thought Dante Inferno was a God of War ripoff.

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

« #8 : February 25, 2010, 01:44:03 AM »

I've been playing this game for the pass couple days, the graphics are insane. The character models are even better than Uncharted 2. Detailed to every mark, sweat pores and wrinkles, etc. This game is literally like playing a movie. It does start out slow for the first hour or so, but it gets better. The control system is unique and awkward at times, but it works. TB40 rating 9.5/10

« #9 : February 25, 2010, 02:19:11 AM »

I've been playing this game for the pass couple days, the graphics are insane. The character models are even better than Uncharted 2. Detailed to every mark, sweat pores and wrinkles, etc. This game is literally like playing a movie. It does start out slow for the first hour or so, but it gets better. The control system is unique and awkward at times, but it works. TB40 rating 9.5/10
Was gonna get it while I was at the store. But decided against it. Just not what I wanna play right now I guess. I wanna beat Dragons Age and Bioshock 2 first and I have a long way to go in both. Just dont play them that much.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PS3 game "Heavy Rain" is going to be sick! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools