Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are we going to do to improve our pass rush? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« : March 03, 2007, 11:41:44 PM »

Now that QB has been resolved, the Bucs must address pass rush with the #1 pick or they are making a big mistake. Whether they pick Adams, Anderson, Moss...whether they need to trade down to get value out of the pick, they need to find pass rush to improve this team. Waiting until rounds 2-4 reduces the likelihood (obviously not completely) of finding an impact player. IMO, there are at least 3 legit top 10 DEs in this draft...

DE is quickly becoming the most coveted position in the league. Every good FA DE got slapped with the franchise tag.
Don't have an orgasm when Tampa doesn't select a DE with the pick. The DE position is deep, so we could still pickup a solid DE.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #1 : March 03, 2007, 10:58:05 PM »

Is there anyone worth signing? What about trades? Robertson from the Jets would fit well in our defense. Possibly we trade Kelly to Detroit for Rogers and a pick. What do you all think? And if we don't trade Kelly, and with the resigning of Buchanon, does that move Zemeitas to safety?

« #2 : March 03, 2007, 10:58:37 PM »

Ian Scott

bucs1

Practice Squad
« #3 : March 03, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »

Yeah, I wonder who the Bucs are bringing in for visits on defense.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #4 : March 03, 2007, 10:59:39 PM »

Why the bloody hell would you trade BK?

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #5 : March 03, 2007, 11:00:25 PM »

Well would Chuk help that at all?  Aside from that, I think we're looking to improve the D-line through the draft.  Marcus Thomas will probably be out there for our late 2nd or 3rd and IMO, would be worth taking the chance on.

« #6 : March 03, 2007, 11:01:23 PM »

Chuk should help.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 03, 2007, 11:01:30 PM »

I don't like a Kelly trade. He is good when he is healthy
I would trade a pick for Rodgers or Robertson.
Hopefully,we can snag Anthony Spencer at 2a
Or draft Tim Crowder who ran a 4.67 DE underrated<<at 2b
Draft Lawerence Timmons
Draft Tim Crowdeer
Draft Marcus Thomas
and thats great additions

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

T

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 03, 2007, 11:06:06 PM »

The defense will be improved through the draft, unless the Bucs can land Kerney to play opposite of Rice. I would hate to lose Kelly for an unproven NFL player.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 03, 2007, 11:06:44 PM »

Chuk helps with the sting of losing White.  But I agree that the pass rush will have to be addressed through the draft.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 03, 2007, 11:08:13 PM »

Oh yeah I forgot about Chuck, good pass rusher

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #11 : March 03, 2007, 11:09:54 PM »

Crowder has never showed up in the games as well as he does in workouts. I see all the UT games and Robison makes more plays than Crowder. The reason I suggested trading Kelly is because he was injured for large parts of the last 2 out of 3 seasons, Detroit is in desperate need of a CB and we are in desperate need of DL and with the signing of Buchanon and the hopeful development of Zemeitas we have good depth behind him!

kennard19

Starter
« #12 : March 03, 2007, 11:12:19 PM »

Raheem Morris coming back will help our pass defense. Now we need someone opposite of rice to provide a rush.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 03, 2007, 11:14:41 PM »

Raheem Morris coming back will help our pass defense. Now we need someone opposite of rice to provide a rush.
Chuck will be opposite of Rice on passing plays.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 03, 2007, 11:19:30 PM »

B.J. Askew is going to line up at UT, Jake Plummer will be at DE, and Jeff Garcia will play SS.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are we going to do to improve our pass rush? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools