Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TEBOW Right now is Better then Freeman & NFL READY!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 24, 2010, 09:20:08 AM

It's good to know that all of you clowns know more about Tebow than Sam Wyche.  Wyche also said that Radio is a loser.

It would be good to know that when someone is being paid by Person A they usually have good things to say about them(Person A).       Tim Tebow will be taken by Rex Ryan in the 5th round so they can share the same box of Kleenex when they start to cry after a game.

Anyone that thinks Tebow will pass to the 5th round is stupid.  You, ma'am, are an idiot.  I guess he should then also draft T.O., Ochostinko, and Troy.

Ah yes.  Anyone who doesn't wear their jean shorts and scream the praises of Timmay Tebow are stupid.   He's already in the hall of fame. 

BucFanOcala

Starter

#16 : February 24, 2010, 09:21:31 AM

Probably going to have a Trent Dilfer like career.

Most QB's would love to have a career like Dilfer. Over 10 years in the league, making the Pro Bowl, and a superbowl championship where he started and played all game in the superbowl leading his team to victory.

Yeah and winning it all on the feild of the town that turned their back on him 12 months prior..

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#17 : February 24, 2010, 09:17:09 AM

It's good to know that all of you clowns know more about Tebow than Sam Wyche.  Wyche also said that Radio is a loser.

It would be good to know that when someone is being paid by Person A they usually have good things to say about them(Person A).       Tim Tebow will be taken by Rex Ryan in the 5th round so they can share the same box of Kleenex when they start to cry after a game.

Anyone that thinks Tebow will pass to the 5th round is stupid.  You, ma'am, are an idiot.  I guess he should then also draft T.O., Ochostinko, and Troy.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 24, 2010, 09:15:48 AM

As a Gator fan I can tell you Tebow will be a huge force in the community and as a leader on the team.

However he has a bad problem with defensive recognition, finding the open guy, and becoming a pass first guy. Riley Cooper didnt over the period of one season go from a stud to a dud Tebow had more targets than he could ever find and made bad decisions. He left both Cooper and Thompson streaking 10-15 yards ahead of a defender on many occasions while he checked off to Hernandez or threw an out to a back

Tebow has the arm and anyone who says differently is just not accurate. He showed this is Sr bowl practices and he threw lasers 30-40 yards on a rope. However Jeff George proved you can have an arm but if you cannot read defenses you cannot be a good QB

This is by far not saying Tim wont be a good QB in a few years. I am rooting for the guy not only as a gator fan but as a guy who just likes to see good people do well.

You will see a noticable difference in Florida's offense next season with John running it. He has a cannon, he can read defenses well, and he can go through the correct progressions...a lot of which comes from new QB's coach Scott Loeffler.  Florida shouldnt have any problems next year making it back to the SEC championship game with no more than one loss (BAMA)

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#19 : February 24, 2010, 08:58:19 AM

My thinking is that Tebow will be the best QB of this draft class. This guy is a winner and a leader of men.

Tebow isn't the 3rd best QB in this draft...Tebow's arm is like a wet noodle, no arm strength to speak of. He makes Chad Pennington look like Favre. Inaccurate and a weak arm doesnt translate in the NFL game, end of story.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 24, 2010, 08:51:24 AM

I'm not buying the thread title one bit.

With that said, from what I've seen in the clips of Tebow's new delivery, he looks very fundamental in his throwing motion.

From what I have read, no new clips have been released. You have a link?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4935351

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 24, 2010, 07:52:22 AM

so this article was the opinion of a guy being paid by Tim Tebow to help boost his draft stock!!!

"These days, Wyche is part of Tebow's pit crew, the collection of coaches in charge of reinventing Tebow's passing mechanics..."

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 24, 2010, 07:01:36 AM

With that slow release? Haha, he's going to lead the league in fumbles and interceptions.

Wasn't our current QB at the top of each of those lists for QB's, especially considering the small number of attempts?
Oh lord, the Tebow fanbase....

Regarding to Freeman he threw a lot of pics but he didn't throw the most, Stafford holds that claim and he was the #1 pick. Still doesn't matter, those INT's are because he has a very late release or looks uncomfortable out of undercenter.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 23, 2010, 09:55:27 AM

I'd love to see the Bucs trade Freeman for Harvin, then pick Tebow.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 24, 2010, 10:23:08 AM

It's good to know that all of you clowns know more about Tebow than Sam Wyche.  Wyche also said that Radio is a loser.

It would be good to know that when someone is being paid by Person A they usually have good things to say about them(Person A).       Tim Tebow will be taken by Rex Ryan in the 5th round so they can share the same box of Kleenex when they start to cry after a game.

No this same person also had nothing good to say about Percy Harvin last year when he was on or radar or any Gator I might know of

I think its more of anyone who wears this

Tex doesnt like no matter if its the best player on earth

Some people just cant get past themselves

lol so because I didn't want the Bucs to take a WR when we had no QB to throw him the ball I'm an anti gator homer lol.   That's stupid.   I don't simply hate a prospect based on where he goes to college.   Inversely I don't love a guy just because of where he went either.    Harvin had drug issues and injury concerns not to mention WR was not our biggest need.   Sorry if your Gainesville lovin self can't grasp this concept.    Don't even think he'd have done as good as a Buc.   He had one of the best QBs of all time throwing to him.....who would he have had here?   Leftwich and Josh Johnson?  lmao.   I'm not a KU fan but I like Briscoe and Stuckey.   I wasn't a KSU fan but I liked the Freeman pick.   I do follow the Noles but I would be throughly upset if they drafted Robinson.   So......tell me again how I'm the one who is biased?   Sounds like you got it backwards there, Skippy.     

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 23, 2010, 09:39:23 PM

Is Tebow working on his release point or is it luke99 that is working on his release point - I'm sure some of you will get what I am saying!!  Damn luke99 you act like Josh stole your girl - what is the deal.  Plus shouldn't you be on the Colts website or is it shut down because poor Peyton showed why he is a great regular season QB but is an average QB when it really counts!!!

bluetick

Practice Squad

#26 : February 23, 2010, 09:28:17 PM

Tebow's NFL Career = Bottle Rocket

luke99

Starter

#27 : February 23, 2010, 06:23:34 AM

Just like I said, Tebow will be great in the NFL as a QB

Tim Tebow is ready for NFL, old Bucs coach Sam Wyche says
By Gary Shelton, Times Sports Columnist
In Print: Tuesday, February 23, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Tebow, practicing at the Senior Bowl, is working with former Bucs coach Sam Wyche. “I think Tebow is one of the elite,” Wyche says. 
 [Associated Press]

The dismantling of a legend is in full force. These days, it is easy to wonder if Tim Tebow ever played football at all.

Listen, and you will hear about the long, loopy flaw in his delivery. Read, and you will find those who question his feet, his arm and his ability to read an opposing defense. Pay attention, and you will find those who think any NFL team interested in drafting Tebow is wasting its time.

Then there is Sam Wyche, who suggests the critics should worry more about their accuracy than Tebow's.

"If this guy can't be a starting quarterback in the NFL," said Wyche, a former Bucs coach, "then I was in the wrong profession for a lot of years."

Say this much for Wyche. He didn't win enough games in Tampa Bay (23 in four years), but he knows what a quarterback looks like. Once, in San Francisco, he was Joe Montana's quarterback coach. Once, in Cincinnati, he was Boomer Esiason's head coach.

These days, Wyche is part of Tebow's pit crew, the collection of coaches in charge of reinventing Tebow's passing mechanics. Last month, Wyche and Tebow spent two days at a facility in Franklin, Tenn., working in the classroom and on the field.

In the end, Wyche was impressed with what he saw. And if the reports out of Franklin are correct, NFL scouts might do well to give Tebow another look when he has his pro day (March 17).

"Would I draft him?" Wyche said. "Absolutely. Sure. If he's not taken early, somebody is going to be called a genius for taking him wherever he goes."

Perhaps you have heard different reports, haven't you? Since the end of the season, skeptics have lined up to talk about the varied reasons why Tebow will not succeed in the NFL. At times, the talk was so harsh you wondered if those 47 games Tebow's Florida team won was a misprint, or if his 88 touchdown passes were just a rumor.

Some of that, naturally, is the way the draft process dissects a player. But some of it seems to be a backlash toward a player who was praised so often in college.

Give Tebow credit for this much: He has at least been on a quest to get better. How many quarterbacks who were stars in college can say that? Former NFL offensive coordinator Zeke Bratkowski is the chief mechanic, but Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman and Arizona State offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone have offered input, too.

As for Wyche, he became involved when Tony Dungy, the coach who replaced him in Tampa, recommended him to Bob Tebow, Tim's father. Wyche, now 65 and a county council member in Pickins, S.C., dusted off his whistle and came aboard.

"He's accurate," Wyche said of Tebow. "He's smart. He anticipates well. He's a commander in the huddle. He has good footwork. … He has agility. He has athleticism. So many things are right about this guy."

Wyche said their sessions began in the classroom. What does it mean when the free safety is in the middle? (It means a defense can't outnumber you.) What does it mean when the corner is bent at the waist? (Probably zone coverage, because it's not a good man technique.) What does it mean when the corner plays inside technique? (He doesn't have safety help.)

"He's as smart as anyone," Wyche said. "I was around Montana and Boomer, and they would be at the top of the list of understand theory coming out of college. They understood concepts. This guy is right with them. I hope he gets a good coordinator and a good quarterback coach. If not, he'll be smarter than they are."

Arm strength? Wyche says Tebow will have one of the strongest arms in the league. Footwork? Wyche says it's as good as anyone's. Accuracy? Along with intelligence, Wyche says that's Tebow's strongest asset.

Ah, but then there is Tebow's much-discussed delivery. While at Florida, there were a lot of plays when Tebow wound up like a pitcher and threw the ball like a shot-putter.

Wyche admits that if he knew nothing more than what he was seeing on film, that would concern him. As it is, Wyche thinks Tebow will quickly overcome his flaws in the manner that former NFL star Randall Cunningham did when he came out of college with his own awkward delivery.

"Everyone wants to talk about his long windup and dropping the ball," Wyche said. "But if he takes the ball up with two hands, which he didn't do in college, you have to put it in the same spot near your ear every time. If you wind up (as Tebow did at Florida), you get a different release point every time.

"Boy, he worked hard at it. He could tell when he tried and it wasn't right. He was coaching himself."

So where is Tebow going to be drafted? First round? Third round? As an H-back?

Wherever it is, Wyche said, he hopes there is a veteran there who can mentor him for a year or so.

"Paul Brown used to say to me, 'Don't tell me about how good an athlete a guy is. Tell me about how good a football player he is.' I think Tebow is one of the elite."

So, you ask Wyche. Is Tebow better than anyone you coached in Tampa Bay?

"Well, yeah."

[Last modified: Feb 22, 2010 10:48 PM]

article
Have your say...
You must Login or Register to publish a comment.
There is 1 commentNewest FirstOldest FirstTop Rated

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 23, 2010, 06:40:05 AM

With that slow release? Haha, he's going to lead the league in fumbles and interceptions.

Stratobuc

Starter
#29 : February 23, 2010, 06:49:17 AM

Disagree - but we'll see how many agree on draft day. Its curious, he's decided he won't be throwing at the combine. How's that going to look to NFL scouts?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TEBOW Right now is Better then Freeman & NFL READY!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools