Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Ford « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GameTime

Hall of Famer
: February 25, 2010, 09:55:20 AM

USF guys, whats the story?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 25, 2010, 10:15:07 AM

An amazing talent that never dedicated himself to being the best he could ... Skipping classes, horrible conditioning during the offseason, not picking up the playbook, I believe a smoking pot incident but not sure on that ...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 25, 2010, 10:35:49 AM

so just a string of minor incidents rather than a major one?  seems odd that holtz would already have such a short leash.  sounds similar to the DT Gary Brown at UF getting kicked off.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 25, 2010, 11:05:42 AM

The official release is violation of team rules but yes, it's probably a culmination of stuff. He has been suspended for a couple of games before but nothing really major, missing classes. One rumor is that he wasn't participating in team conditioning or position team meetings, which, if true, is just plain sad .... but he did say he still plans to graduate which is great if he plans to follow through ... maybe he just can't handle both.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 28, 2010, 09:24:24 PM

He's always been a great talent. But he has also always had trouble with grades and/or attendance even going back to high school. He just seems to lack persistence and committment. Which is sad because he could go far had he given it his all.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 01, 2010, 04:45:52 AM

Sounds like a typical student athlete who was "athletically gifted". Its kind of sad in society today that these guys who in High School were taught to prepare for College scouts and then in college they try and ignore the fact they get a free education basically to actually use as a back up in case the NFL doesn't work out so they can HOPE to be drafted. Then what happens after they hit 30? 30 is the death age in the NFL for most positions. They won't know how to survive unless they got a big money contract and how long do they last after a few years?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 06, 2010, 09:04:01 PM

man, what a waste. 

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#7 : March 08, 2010, 04:26:07 PM

I think he was also arrested for riding a moped on Flowler Ave by the University Collection for not having a valid DL at a late hour.  Like the above posters have said, a great talent but lack of commitment and bordeline academics coupled with several minor incidents led to him being cut loose by Skip.  He was a great talent with the sarasota sailors.  sad......

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 10, 2010, 12:54:28 AM

I hear there are a lot of negatives to him.  If half of what I hear is true it is about time.  It is all hearsay so I take it with a grain of salt but it is surely a shame.  There has to be a reason for his consistant demotion every season.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#9 : March 12, 2010, 12:04:35 PM

I think he was also arrested for riding a moped on Flowler Ave by the University Collection for not having a valid DL at a late hour.

I'm pretty sure he was riding a Moped on the sidewalk, on campus, without a valid DL. That was still the least of his problems when it came to the football program.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 08, 2010, 03:57:44 PM

is this guy going to re-surface anywhere this year?  Maybe Hampton or some other school that gives second chances to guys with off the field issues?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#11 : August 08, 2010, 09:30:31 PM

is this guy going to re-surface anywhere this year? Maybe Hampton or some other school that gives second chances to guys with off the field issues?

North Alabama with terry Bowden may be an option if he gets his crap together ...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 10, 2010, 08:47:52 AM

He's the guy USF and Alabama fought over years ago, isn't he?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#13 : August 10, 2010, 06:13:28 PM

He's the guy USF and Alabama fought over years ago, isn't he?

I think he was UA commit but couldn't qualify, went to prep school and went with USF when he came out .... Could be mistaken, though.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 18, 2010, 10:31:26 PM

yep that is him
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Ford « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools