Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris: Bryant's Career in Tampa is Over « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Larry Brackins

Starter
: February 25, 2010, 03:04:28 PM

mortreport    Raheem Morris tells Bucs beat reporters than WR Antonio Bryant's career in Tampa "is over."

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#1 : February 25, 2010, 03:05:44 PM

Really disappointed but not surprised in the least. This ownership group sucks balls.

#2 : February 25, 2010, 03:08:31 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/

Look at the tweet.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#3 : February 25, 2010, 03:15:51 PM

AB will land on his feet and make a really good WR somewhere else, coaching is the issue in Tampa not AB.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 25, 2010, 03:16:53 PM

What level of validity do I give a "tweet"? lol

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 25, 2010, 03:17:47 PM

AB will land on his feet and make a really good WR somewhere else, coaching is the issue in Tampa not AB.

Ownership is THE issue. Then comes their meager staffing....

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

NoT25hAbY

Rookie

#6 : February 25, 2010, 03:24:58 PM

Haha.

I hope Antonio Bryant the best, but I can't help but think that his career has been absolutely below-average with a flash of ability for 4 games at the end of the 2008 season. He seriously boosted his subpar numbers that season in the final 4 games of the season. I don't disagree one bit with this decision because what we saw of Bryant in 2009(and most of his entire career) is most likely what you will get from him.

I wouldn't give him Michael Clayton money(haha), let alone the type of contract he wants..

You all complain now but in 2 years Bryant will more than likely be nothing but an afterthought in the NFL. Had we resigned him, you would just be complaining about what an ignorant decision it was to pay him so much and that the Buccaneers are terrible and don't want to win, etc, etc.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#7 : February 25, 2010, 03:31:17 PM

Haha.

I hope Antonio Bryant the best, but I can't help but think that his career has been absolutely below-average with a flash of ability for 4 games at the end of the 2008 season. He seriously boosted his subpar numbers that season in the final 4 games of the season. I don't disagree one bit with this decision because what we saw of Bryant in 2009(and most of his entire career) is most likely what you will get from him.

I wouldn't give him Michael Clayton money(haha), let alone the type of contract he wants..

You all complain now but in 2 years Bryant will more than likely be nothing but an afterthought in the NFL. Had we resigned him, you would just be complaining about what an ignorant decision it was to pay him so much and that the Buccaneers are terrible and don't want to win, etc, etc.
Understand, but who on this team is going to be better?

#8 : February 25, 2010, 03:31:42 PM

What level of validity do I give a "tweet"? lol

Ha!   I really have no idea but it's in the times now.

NoT25hAbY

Rookie

#9 : February 25, 2010, 03:50:11 PM

Haha.

It isn't about having a player who is going to be better, it's about strategically planning your money properly to give yourself a shot in the draft and free agency every year. Giving Bryant a load of cash this year might, and a stress the point might, provide you a more stable WR corps but does it do any good in the financial department on a team with holes as so many positions? You hardly see the smart competitive teams make deals like that(Colts, Steelers, etc).

That's if we get the new and improved Bryant of late-2008. I don't think anybody wants the Bryant of 2009.. at least not for that price tag. There are plenty of receivers to choose from in the draft that can aid a passing game that includes a young and talented Stroughter and Freemans #1 target Kellen Winslow. In addition, there are cheaper WR's in free agency who would sign for less amount of money and less years if we truly fear a lack of talent at the position.

Of coarse we need to upgrade, but in the end... the price tag isn't justified with an agining, injury riddled drama filled WR like Bryant who should be getting worse at this stage of his career, not better.. Even if that leaves us with the current staff plus 2 rookies. In time.. it will be leaps and bounds the right decision.

We have to accept that what we lack on the field we will have to make up with hard work and dedication. If Freeman is the "Franchise" QB that we drafted him for, he doesn't "need" Antonio Bryant.. or anyone for that matter. He'll progress just fine through study habits, practice and dedication to this position. A Franchise QB is suppose to make his WR's better.. not the other way around.

Trust me.. Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf didn't fail because a lack of coaching, a lack of a surrounding cast or anything more than their simple lack of skill and work ethic.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#10 : February 25, 2010, 03:56:49 PM

Haha.

It isn't about having a player who is going to be better, it's about strategically planning your money properly to give yourself a shot in the draft and free agency every year. Giving Bryant a load of cash this year might, and a stress the point might, provide you a more stable WR corps but does it do any good in the financial department on a team with holes as so many positions? You hardly see the smart competitive teams make deals like that(Colts, Steelers, etc).

That's if we get the new and improved Bryant of late-2008. I don't think anybody wants the Bryant of 2009.. at least not for that price tag. There are plenty of receivers to choose from in the draft that can aid a passing game that includes a young and talented Stroughter and Freemans #1 target Kellen Winslow. In addition, there are cheaper WR's in free agency who would sign for less amount of money and less years if we truly fear a lack of talent at the position.

Of coarse we need to upgrade, but in the end... the price tag isn't justified with an agining, injury riddled drama filled WR like Bryant who should be getting worse at this stage of his career, not better.. Even if that leaves us with the current staff plus 2 rookies. In time.. it will be leaps and bounds the right decision.

We have to accept that what we lack on the field we will have to make up with hard work and dedication. If Freeman is the "Franchise" QB that we drafted him for, he doesn't "need" Antonio Bryant.. or anyone for that matter. He'll progress just fine through study habits, practice and dedication to this position. A Franchise QB is suppose to make his WR's better.. not the other way around.

Trust me.. Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf didn't fail because a lack of coaching, a lack of a surrounding cast or anything more than their simple lack of skill and work ethic.

This is where you lost me  "If Freeman is the "Franchise" QB that we drafted him for, he doesn't "need" Antonio Bryant.. or anyone for that matter."

Of course he does!! He is not Payton Manning who can make any WR shine...gees

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 25, 2010, 04:01:28 PM

Look what I caught Dez saying.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#12 : February 25, 2010, 04:06:55 PM

Nothing to see here... all part of the plan... Everyone knows teams get better after letting their best players leave.  Just like hiring our 2 coordinators and firing them less than a year later...

Don't worry... there is a plan in place and all these things that look really stupid... are actually... a part of the plan.  They are 20 steps ahead of us simple fans that we could never understand the complexity of the plan...

We should all smile, with a blank stare on our faces... and trust... that there is a plan.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 25, 2010, 04:11:24 PM

Nothing to see here... all part of the plan... Everyone knows teams get better after letting their best players leave.  Just like hiring our 2 coordinators and firing them less than a year later...

Don't worry... there is a plan in place and all these things that look really stupid... are actually... a part of the plan.  They are 20 steps ahead of us simple fans that we could never understand the complexity of the plan...

We should all smile, with a blank stare on our faces... and trust... that there is a plan.
I can't tell if there is any sarcasm in there our not.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

calibucfan15

Starter

#14 : February 25, 2010, 04:13:19 PM

Morris specifically mentioned that he wants a wr to grow with Freeman.  And they have mentioned several times before that every move they make is with freeman in mind. I think that's the 1st sign of the beginning of the Dez Bryant era. I know there are other receivers but I got a feeling they're gonna try to go with the best wr in this draft. Morris mentioned that its about time the offense carries the team in Tampa.

I'm under the impression that since Morris took over the defense there has been improvement and they were decent even wit the sub par talent we had. There is enough talent on both sides of the ball in this draft to address many needs.  Despite our lack of talent I don't think we need to go defense heavy. We can build both sides at the same time. Perhaps Morris feels the same.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris: Bryant's Career in Tampa is Over « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools