Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris: Bryant's Career in Tampa is Over « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
« #15 : February 25, 2010, 04:20:58 PM »

Morris specifically mentioned that he wants a wr to grow with Freeman.  And they have mentioned several times before that every move they make is with freeman in mind. I think that's the 1st sign of the beginning of the Dez Bryant era. I know there are other receivers but I got a feeling they're gonna try to go with the best wr in this draft. Morris mentioned that its about time the offense carries the team in Tampa.

I'm under the impression that since Morris took over the defense there has been improvement and they were decent even wit the sub par talent we had. There is enough talent on both sides of the ball in this draft to address many needs.  Despite our lack of talent I don't think we need to go defense heavy. We can build both sides at the same time. Perhaps Morris feels the same.

Yeah, but doing this you must hit on at least 90% of your draft picks and that's just not this teams  track record.

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #16 : February 25, 2010, 04:21:07 PM »

I just don't see them taking Dez at 3. If we trade out, maybe, but that's a huge reach there.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #17 : February 25, 2010, 04:21:44 PM »

Morris specifically mentioned that he wants a wr to grow with Freeman. And they have mentioned several times before that every move they make is with freeman in mind. I think that's the 1st sign of the beginning of the Dez Bryant era. I know there are other receivers but I got a feeling they're gonna try to go with the best wr in this draft. Morris mentioned that its about time the offense carries the team in Tampa.

I'm under the impression that since Morris took over the defense there has been improvement and they were decent even wit the sub par talent we had. There is enough talent on both sides of the ball in this draft to address many needs. Despite our lack of talent I don't think we need to go defense heavy. We can build both sides at the same time. Perhaps Morris feels the same.

Yeah, but doing this you must hit on at least 90% of your draft picks and that's just not this teams track record.

Correction, that's not Gruden's and Allen's track record.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #18 : February 25, 2010, 04:24:08 PM »

I'm pissed at this news for many reasons, one of which is my sig is now obsolete.

« #19 : February 25, 2010, 04:34:41 PM »

I would bet there is a march 5th deal being set up.

Hmmm...

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

« #20 : February 25, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »

IDC how big of a reach DEZ would be at 3...at this point he is the only option.  Clayton/Stoval/Stroughter are you kidding me!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

FartMan

Pro Bowler
« #21 : February 25, 2010, 04:41:06 PM »

Nothing to see here... all part of the plan... Everyone knows teams get better after letting their best players leave.  Just like hiring our 2 coordinators and firing them less than a year later...

Don't worry... there is a plan in place and all these things that look really stupid... are actually... a part of the plan.  They are 20 steps ahead of us simple fans that we could never understand the complexity of the plan...

We should all smile, with a blank stare on our faces... and trust... that there is a plan.
I can't tell if there is any sarcasm in there our not.

Now, I'm not sure of the level of sarcasm in YOUR post.

« #22 : February 25, 2010, 04:48:06 PM »

Abandon Ship!   Abandon Ship!        you thought last year was bad for the Bucs, wait until this year.    We're a team without a #1 and #2 WR, and without a legit starting QB, and a RB that would be backup on most teams.  it doesnt get any worse than that!   

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #23 : February 25, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »

I think they'll see what kind of offers he receives, and evaluate. It's a prudent play.

If they can secure him, or another talented receiver is yet to be seen.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #24 : February 25, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »

Abandon Ship! Abandon Ship! you thought last year was bad for the Bucs, wait until this year. We're a team without a #1 and #2 WR, and without a legit starting QB, and a RB that would be backup on most teams. it doesnt get any worse than that!
Well, we still have to read your posts.

I kid.

« #25 : February 25, 2010, 05:03:12 PM »

Abandon Ship! Abandon Ship! you thought last year was bad for the Bucs, wait until this year. We're a team without a #1 and #2 WR, and without a legit starting QB, and a RB that would be backup on most teams. it doesnt get any worse than that!
Well, we still have to read your posts.

I kid.

good point. 

MBF

Hall of Famer

« #26 : February 25, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

Did you pay for next season's ticket yet? Are you planning to at all?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #27 : February 25, 2010, 05:40:34 PM »

It's not like it was unexpected, I pretty much thought it was a 50/50 chance of him coming back.

I doubt the bucs have a real plan though, they've done nothing in the last year to show that they can handle a big situation like this. They're probably just putting blind faith in drafting a receiver high, and maybe a project in the 5th or 6th round like Carlton Mitchell, or whoever they feel is a sleeper.

X Factor

Starter
« #28 : February 25, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »

Money is the issue... 36 receptions should not equal 9 million per year...

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
« #29 : February 25, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »

money isnt the issue, if AB actually produced this year he would be paid what he wants and he would stay, the issue is that his play and attitude were garbage this year. The Glazers may be cheap, but the bigger issue is that AB has an ego!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris: Bryant's Career in Tampa is Over « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools