Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris: Bryant's Career in Tampa is Over « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 25, 2010, 06:27:28 PM

money isnt the issue, if AB actually produced this year he would be paid what he wants and he would stay, the issue is that his play and attitude were garbage this year. The Glazers may be cheap, but the bigger issue is that AB has an ego!!
Money is the issue.  Add in the injury, and he is gone.  And now the buccs have NO professional quality wrs on the roster.  Nice.  We will see what the draft brings - bc right now there is Stroughter - a slot guy. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 25, 2010, 06:33:13 PM

Glazers ARE cheap...no ifs ands or buts.  Pathetic.

The BUcs are run by a trio of tightwad soccer enthusiasts, a secondary coach turned HC, a young GM who has issues with Gruden guys, and his assistant is a real estate dealbroker.

Oh yeah...how about that MC80?  He is AWESOME...if AWESOME means piece of garbage no handed wideout.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#32 : February 25, 2010, 06:35:29 PM

Money isn't the issue for the Glazer's it's an issue for Bryant!! If Bryant had a stand out year like he did in 08 the Glazers would pay him, but the injury, the attitude , and the fact that AB now has greedy fingers is what makes this a money issue. I to think the Glazers are cheap, but this is more about AB's thinking he deserves the same pay after a crap year

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 25, 2010, 06:37:29 PM

Money isn't the issue for the Glazer's it's an issue for Bryant!! If Bryant had a stand out year like he did in 08 the Glazers would pay him, but the injury, the attitude , and the fact that AB now has greedy fingers is what makes this a money issue. I to think the Glazers are cheap, but this is more about AB's thinking he deserves the same pay after a crap year
You do not know this at all...

Negotiations are still relatively young, Dominik never wanted AB to begin with, and he is not willing to listen no matter what anyone says.  He had love for Gruden, that is more than enough of another reason to remove him.

Dominik is a turd, and a puppet.  Glazers are cheap, no doubt about it.

When you say you want to go young, you say you want to save pennies.  Flat out truth.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#34 : February 25, 2010, 06:40:08 PM

do you think AB is worth 9 million this year?

calibucfan15

Starter

#35 : February 25, 2010, 06:42:20 PM

I don't see why people consider Dez Bryant a reach.  Had he not been suspended he would be a surefire top 5 pick. It wouldn't surprise me to see him picked in the top 5 because he has top 5 talent

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 25, 2010, 06:43:54 PM

Do you think Clayton is worth the money he got?  He ran his mouth about Gruden...BONUS!!  give that man a healthy raise.

Do you think that the BUcs can risk running the team with a second or third round wideout, Clayton, and Stroughter?  How will this affect Freeman?

The Bucs are REALLY gonna suck next year without him, if they replace him with some third round pick...

Watch.  That is almost g'teed man.

And YES, I do think he is worth a three year extension, paying him roughly 7-9 mill the first season, and scaling downward, with incentives.  The BUcs have TONS of cap space.  TONS.  Glazers love soccer...whaddya gonna do?  we just have to take it in the azzz by the cheap azzz sorry owners.  THEY SUCK.

#37 : February 25, 2010, 06:48:08 PM

Man, reading this topic is like listening to a group of pre-pubescent boys argue on the playground.

I believe the plan is we'll get a serious pick or two in compensation.   Possibly a 3rd or 4th for Bryant and at least 1 7th as compensatory because we're the #3 pick.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 25, 2010, 06:48:53 PM

Man, reading this topic is like listening to a group of pre-pubescent boys argue on the playground.

I believe the plan is we'll get a serious pick or two in compensation. Possibly a 3rd or 4th for Bryant and at least 1 7th as compensatory because we're the #3 pick.
Okeedokee.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#39 : February 25, 2010, 06:50:57 PM

The writing is on the walll..

draft dez bryant!!

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#40 : February 25, 2010, 06:53:16 PM

Do you think Clayton is worth the money he got?  He ran his mouth about Gruden...BONUS!!  give that man a healthy raise.

Do you think that the BUcs can risk running the team with a second or third round wideout, Clayton, and Stroughter?  How will this affect Freeman?

The Bucs are REALLY gonna suck next year without him, if they replace him with some third round pick...

Watch.  That is almost g'teed man.

And YES, I do think he is worth a three year extension, paying him roughly 7-9 mill the first season, and scaling downward, with incentives.  The BUcs have TONS of cap space.  TONS.  Glazers love soccer...whaddya gonna do?  we just have to take it in the azzz by the cheap azzz sorry owners.  THEY SUCK.

No Clayton isn't worth the money he got, I never mentioned his name nor did I say he was. And Freeman had plenty of people to throw to last year, too bad he missed most of them and hit the defensive back instead, so i'm not worried about how it will affect him because I dont think he's worthy of being a starting QB.  Bryant isn't worth a pennie over 5 million for the first year and maybe 2.5 mill per year for 2 years after. You honestley believe he's worth 9 million...lol ...even with his "supposed injury" ? The guy is soft, tell him bye bye and boot clayton, draft dez bryant and give stroughter or stovall a shot. this team doesnt have time to beg bryant to stay just to go 3-13 again

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 25, 2010, 06:54:39 PM

You are so absurd on so many levels, I will not argue with that^^^

Just don;t have the energy.  Broken record stuff, you hear the beat of some insane drummer, I do not.

Have fun with it.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#42 : February 25, 2010, 06:59:28 PM

You are so absurd on so many levels, I will not argue with that^^^

Just don;t have the energy.  Broken record stuff, you hear the beat of some insane drummer, I do not.

Have fun with it.

yeah how much money did he make last year?  how productive was he? exactly, "poof" be gone!!

hopesman

Rookie
#43 : February 25, 2010, 07:15:47 PM

Morris specifically mentioned that he wants a wr to grow with Freeman.  And they have mentioned several times before that every move they make is with freeman in mind. I think that's the 1st sign of the beginning of the Dez Bryant era. I know there are other receivers but I got a feeling they're gonna try to go with the best wr in this draft. Morris mentioned that its about time the offense carries the team in Tampa.

I'm under the impression that since Morris took over the defense there has been improvement and they were decent even wit the sub par talent we had. There is enough talent on both sides of the ball in this draft to address many needs.  Despite our lack of talent I don't think we need to go defense heavy. We can build both sides at the same time. Perhaps Morris feels the same.

I like the thought and quite honestly wouldn't minf Dez being a Buc...heck he was the best athlete in college last year and might have had a shot at #1 had he had the chance to play all year.

Cleanupman

Starter

#44 : February 25, 2010, 07:57:25 PM

my question is what the heck are we going to do at WR he was our best WR by far when healthy.  They better go get marshall or something
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris: Bryant's Career in Tampa is Over « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools