Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The send off of Bryant proves One Buc is run by idiots « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
: February 27, 2010, 11:13:54 AM

Bryant's agent would have leaked an offer if the Bucs low balled Bryant, but at least we would have known something was offered.

Agree with that ^^^^^^^

How many offers have other agents leaked around the league this year?  I can't think of any.
Not to many teams have tossed players out there as of yet - and we hear a lot more about the buccs moves as opposed to those in Seattle... for obvious reasons. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 27, 2010, 11:14:22 AM

�It was time for the buccs to get a young qb with great potential. �Freeman wouldn't have been my choice, but he was the one the buccs picked - time will tell.

I agree with that.   But Garcia played pretty darn well most of the time.   I didn't want to see him come back in 2009, but he did a good job for the most part.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 25, 2010, 08:37:01 PM

This franchise is still in the demolition mode.

It is hillarious that we are keeping Clayton but getting rid of Bryant.

Sorry guys...but either the Glazers are pulling the strings to cut costs or Mark Dominik is a complete idiot. Even if you are going to trade for a WR...we just gave up the leverage. Now every team out there knows Tampa Bay is desperate for a #1 WR.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 25, 2010, 08:44:25 PM

This franchise is still in the demolition mode.

It is hillarious that we are keeping Clayton but getting rid of Bryant.

Sorry guys...but either the Glazers are pulling the strings to cut costs or Mark Dominik is a complete idiot. Even if you are going to trade for a WR...we just gave up the leverage. Now every team out there knows Tampa Bay is desperate for a #1 WR.

He is a FA.  The Bucs had no leverage to begin with unless they re-signed him.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 25, 2010, 08:46:37 PM

Exactly...good teams (especially teams rebuilding) do not allow their best players to hit free agency.

How the hell can Dominik stand up there like a moron and claim we are rebuilding when every single year we are shipping out our best talent?

What the hell kind of "plan" is that???

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 25, 2010, 08:47:46 PM

Exactly...good teams (especially teams rebuilding) do not allow their best players to hit free agency.

How the hell can Dominik stand up there like a moron and claim we are rebuilding when every single year we are shipping out our best talent?

A long-term one.  They didn't feel AB was a long-term option, so they let him walk.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 25, 2010, 08:48:39 PM

The former regime brought him here on a one year contract.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

jcsm916

Rookie
#7 : February 25, 2010, 08:53:17 PM

I don't think Dominik is an idiot  and I do think the Glazers are pulling the strings. I believe these decisions are based on reducing payroll presently and in the forseeable future. I would be surprised if they trade for or sign a veteran reciever to replace Bryant.  They will go with less seasoned and less experienced players who work for less money. They will tell you that this is the model for building a team and to tolerate it the same way you did as a kid when your mother told you to take your medicine.   I for one think the Glazers are shameful owners and being dishonest with their fans about what is truly happening with this team. Unfortunately I dont have a billion dollars to pay them to solve this problem, until then I can sit here and vent just like the rest of the frustrated fans out there.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 25, 2010, 08:55:50 PM

A long-term one. They didn't feel AB was a long-term option, so they let him walk.

Well there is no way Freeman is going to develop into anything worthwhile. No defense is going to be scared of Clayton, Stovall, and Stroughter. All they have to do is flood the line and neutralize Winslow and then all the pressure will be on Freeman week in and week out.

It's going to be a disaster.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 25, 2010, 08:58:42 PM

No defense is going to be scared of Clayton, Stovall, and Stroughter.

Who said that was our starting lineup?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 25, 2010, 09:02:51 PM

So what else do you think it's going to be?

They already said they arnt going to be active in free agency. So forget that. We'll be drafting a DT in the 1st round. And no WR in the 2nd round is going to be ready to be our #1.

Trade? Forget it. If you trade for Marshall or Boldin, the only way you will keep them quiet and happy is if you pay them. And the Glazers sure as hell not going to do that.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#11 : February 25, 2010, 09:03:55 PM

It's bad enough we lose Bryant, this is insult to injury;http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2010/02/morris-every-retired-coach-wants-my-job-.html

One more year and he'll eat those words (here's hoping). They really should have "will work food" signs by One Buc place the penny pinching continues...lol

Sidebar; why is Morris telling reporters Bryant won't be back in the first place? Isn't that the GM's job?  I just find it odd like most of the decision-making with this team.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 25, 2010, 09:04:28 PM

They already said they arnt going to be active in free agency. So forget that. We'll be drafting a DT in the 1st round. And no WR in the 2nd round is going to be ready to be our #1.

Trade? Forget it. If you trade for Marshall or Fitzgerald, the only way you will keep them quiet and happy is if you pay them. And the Glazers sure as hell not going to do that.

They did just fine with K2 last year

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 25, 2010, 09:05:55 PM

Trade? Forget it. If you trade for Marshall or Fitzgerald, the only way you will keep them quiet and happy is if you pay them. And the Glazers sure as hell not going to do that.
They may be able to get Galloway.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 25, 2010, 09:07:47 PM

They did just fine with K2 last year

Well if 28th in the league in total offense and a 3-13 record is "just fine" with you... Then you should be happy.

But to me, its unacceptable.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The send off of Bryant proves One Buc is run by idiots « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools