Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The send off of Bryant proves One Buc is run by idiots « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 25, 2010, 10:25:02 PM

Younger means cheaper.

Point blank.

Bottom line:  Glazers are cutting funds in an effort to make payments to their crappy soccer Club.

I hope Manchester United loses every major game they could possibly play...I cast thy hex!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 25, 2010, 10:25:16 PM

And nobody is answering my question...

Why are we keeping Clayton but getting rid of Bryant?

Does the guy have some embarrassing photos of Joel or something? I mean what the hell does it take for this clown to get cut?

Your "question" was already answered. Bryant is FA and Clayton isn't.

There is plenty of time left to cut Clayton.

Clayton was a FA last year and we resigned him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 25, 2010, 10:26:35 PM

Glazers suck...sorry fellas.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 25, 2010, 10:29:32 PM

And nobody is answering my question...

Why are we keeping Clayton but getting rid of Bryant?

Does the guy have some embarrassing photos of Joel or something? I mean what the hell does it take for this clown to get cut?

Your "question" was already answered. Bryant is FA and Clayton isn't.

There is plenty of time left to cut Clayton.

Clayton was a FA last year and we resigned him.

No joke.

I'm sure they would love to sign Bryant for what they paid Clayton, but Bryant wants 9-10+ million.  39 receptions for 600 yards and 4 TD's isn't worth that.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 25, 2010, 10:38:24 PM

There is no good answer for that question. We simply don't know why. It may be a timing thing. Its not like we cut Bryant, we just said we wouldn't be a player for him in free agency. We still may cut Clayton. I have long since given up on him.

Morris has been talking Clayton up.

I've said it before, Bryants gone and Clayton will be our #1.

But.. this could be somewhat of an admittance as to their choice in the draft @1. Many of our talented WR's haven't been "homegrown", so it totally could be a subject for speculation with a group that claims "young" and "mostly draft" are how they're going to go. If Dez does get picked, it's a longshot, and he's probably going to be the no 2 WR first off.

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#35 : February 25, 2010, 11:59:26 PM

Exactly...good teams (especially teams rebuilding) do not allow their best players to hit free agency.

How the hell can Dominik stand up there like a moron and claim we are rebuilding when every single year we are shipping out our best talent?

What the hell kind of "plan" is that???

Good teams' best players are not 39 catch 600 yard guys either.

It is not as if Randy Moss just left Tampa. We are talking about an average WR who is over the hill, has a fair amout of issues, and is probably looking for a good sum of money in a weak WR FA class.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 26, 2010, 12:41:47 AM

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 26, 2010, 12:59:45 AM

Clayton's contract has $10.5 million of guaranteed money. There is absolutely no way Dominik would allow Morris to cut Clayton at this point, regardless of what he might think. Cutting Clayton after one season on the new contract would make him even more expensive than Bryant's $9.88 million last year. I'm sure the mandate to Morris was to try and make something out of Clayton....at least for another year.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 26, 2010, 01:04:33 AM

lol

to be fair though alot of posters overreacted and thought clayton was gonna be good after that dallas game

morris later on in the season said clayton needed to stop sucking, in nicer words

kbl11

Starter

#39 : February 26, 2010, 01:34:01 AM

dewd, the firing of Gruden proved we were run by idiots and/or cheapskates

Think about it, we fired a great HC without ever giving him a chance to use FA as a tool, because local radio host hacks and newspaper hacks riled up the fans into making the HC the scapegoat for poor ownership. And the owners actually bought into it!

Anhyways, how bout these other signs?...

1) hiring a non- Tampa 2 D coordinator

2) hiring an ill equiped OC

3) signing clayton

4) possib ly considering not resigining/trading/releasing Penn and/or Ruud

Get with the program cyber, we are a trainwreck

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 26, 2010, 07:06:07 AM

FRG - check out the Tribune - if their story today about Bryant being released is accurate - well Mark was set to meet with Bryant's agent today - to talk - how odd is that?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 26, 2010, 02:19:04 AM

I thought AB did well in 2008, I thought he struggled in 2009 - I think he did as much as he could to fight through injuries - but we keep hearing about how much this is a business - so $9 or $10 mil for 600 yds and 39 receptions isn't exactly getting your monies worth.

This does not mean that the Bucs say "...oh well, lets roll with what we've got..." - some of us are concerned that's the response we're going to hear - but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I would have thought in a season where you are going to be dealing for RFA's perhaps hanging on to a receiver that had contributed heavily in 2008, and struggled for you in 2009 - would be at least worth offering a cut rate contract offer due to any "lingering effects" of the "knee injury"...?

What that means is - Josh Freeman has to have some targets, there are plenty available, once again the only thing separating the franchise from some targets is the obviously small matter of deciding to go after one of the free agent options...if the answer isn't Antonio Bryant, and it should'nt be Dez Bryant, it has to be one of those high priced wide receivers that are waiting to be paid...

I'm sure the Glazers want to put those ugly financial issues to bed, Dominick is creative enough to be able to pull a trade or perhaps wants to prove he doesn't always have to come in second on key free agents...you know the assistant coaches realize the team has to assist our young franchise QB to continue developing...

and we know they want us filling-up that stadium - they probably even know that we'll accept another season of losing a few more than we win, again...

...because there are so many things competing for our interests, so many more of us now can ill afford secondary interests these days, all we ask for from our entertainment is that it actually entertains...

After all, it's just business.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 26, 2010, 02:24:41 AM

Glazers suck, they love soccer (which is a pansy sport), and even the fans in England detest them...

Wow.

The Glazers suck no matter what they do.  Too many cookie jars, not enough hands.

Time to rethink Glazers.  Sell one...please.  How many mansions do you have to sell?  How many Madoff schemes do you have to get ripped off by?  (ha ha ha!!)

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 26, 2010, 02:51:33 AM

Younger means cheaper.

Point blank.

O rly?   Something tells me if the Bucs don't trade down they will be paying a pretty penny for a young guy......maybe even a WR with the same last name as AB to be his replacement.   

I just don't get all this bromance for AB.    He's Galloway 2.0 except Joey wouldn't have complained about his role if he was being paid 9 mill to not practice and not play but to sit in the training room instead.   He was smart enough not to bite the hand that fed him.    Antonio should have kept his mouth shut and laughed all the way to the bank.     AB made some awesome one handed catches while he was here but Sammie Stroughter was more consistent then him last year and he was a seventh rounder making jack squat for a salary.    I'll take a Benn, Gilyard, or Briscoe at a fraction of the price over an injury prone AB for the upcoming season.    We don't even need to use the first rounder on a WR.   We should trade a second rounder for a guy like Marshall or Boldin, use the other on Briscoe, cut Clayton, and start the season with Marshall and Briscoe as starters.   Have Sammie as your slot man and Stovall as a jump ball red zone type of guy.   K2 tearing it up and creating mismatches like this year.    Would that calm some of you down for a change?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 26, 2010, 03:06:55 AM

The big difference is Bryant wanted to win.  I would take a complainer over a slacker any day.  At least the complainer is smart enough to recognize the problem and want it fixed.  Everyone jumped on Haynesworth for complaining in DC but the guy flat out wants to win.  Even after getting paid.  We are now stuck with Clayton who says the "the check is in the bank".   What a joke. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The send off of Bryant proves One Buc is run by idiots « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools