Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Shay Hodge Wants to Be a Buccaneer « previous next »
Page: 1

nfldraft2010

Practice Squad

: February 26, 2010, 12:52:42 AM

Ole Miss receiver Shay Hodge appeared as a guest on a radio station in Baltimore and said that the Buccaneers are one of a handful of teams that he has been researching leading up to the draft and thinks that he could provide some help at receiver. Hodge led the SEC in receiving last year but is projected as just as a 4th or 5th round pick. He has good size, good hands and is a pretty good route runner but needs to prove his speed at combine.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 26, 2010, 12:54:10 AM

who?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 26, 2010, 12:59:27 AM

who?

LOL

I've seen him mentioned a couple times before on some sites.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=191213

6-1 | 207 | 40 Time: 4.55
70 REC / 1,135 YDS / 8 TDS

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 26, 2010, 01:01:56 AM

Wouldn't be a bad pick in the 5th or so, but even then I'd rather pick up a project like Carlton Mitchell or a guy like Freddie Barnes who can catch anything thrown to him even if he doesn't have the speed.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 26, 2010, 04:33:54 AM

PR did a story on him. he is definitely on of the  many sleeper WRs to go along with Andre Roberts, the weird name guy from Fresno St, Brown of CMU, Freddie Barnes and some i'm sure i'm forgetting right now. that is off the top of my head.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 26, 2010, 06:40:00 AM

We want players who want to be Buccaneers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#6 : February 26, 2010, 07:13:16 AM

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/6684

Hodge is a mid-round prospect that has soft hands, and great route running ability. He doesn't have the speed to blow by the opposition, but his crisp routes get him the needed separation. His size compares to that of Reggie Wayne. He can make some very difficult catches in clutch moments. When I sat down with him at the Senior Bowl, he was very clear about what he wanted to get out of his NFL experience and he excelled in college even with some bumps in the road. Watch the video I linked in the article of one of his circus catches.

Follow me on Twitter @EricDellaratta

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 26, 2010, 07:47:48 AM

We want players who want to be Buccaneers.
Bryant 'said' he wanted to play for the buccs - guess they decided he wasn't being honest. Or his knee wouldn't hold up for an entire season, or that he was disruptive in the locker room, or he spoke to the press in a manner they didn't like, or at 28 he was too old, or re-signing him would be too expensive...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#8 : February 26, 2010, 08:21:40 AM

He'd be a great pick up as the second Wideout taken in this draft by the Bucs.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : February 26, 2010, 08:24:20 AM

I think the Bucs have to take at least 2 WRs in this draft.  Hodge is one of those guys we can find in the mid to late rounds that can hopefully contribute quickly

#10 : February 26, 2010, 08:26:12 AM

Hodge, Price, Roberts, McGaha are all good candidates.

I hope we get at least one of these guys + Thomas or Williams

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 26, 2010, 12:37:04 PM

C'mon peoplem, read between the lines, the reason he said he wanted to be a Buc is because he's pretty much a lock to make the team.  Any organization who would re-sign Clayton after he proved he's a bust and chose to bring him back after he put the exclamation point on his bust status can't be too picky about the WR's they keep on their roster.  Bryant won't be back because he'll cost too much, not because he can't play.  Being drafted in rounds 3-6, Hodge's financial situation won't really impact the Bucs.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 26, 2010, 12:51:52 PM

Any college WR would like to come here because they'd be the most talented player at their position. Our WR position is a sad state of affairs.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 26, 2010, 01:04:44 PM

Any college WR would like to come here because they'd be the most talented player at their position. Our WR position is a sad state of affairs.
It's too bad 5 years of drafting only produced

Michael Clayton
Larry Brackins
Paris Warren
JR Russell
Maurice Stovall
Dexter Jackson

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#14 : February 26, 2010, 01:17:59 PM

That is some horrible wideout selections...  argh.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WR Shay Hodge Wants to Be a Buccaneer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools