Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The best part of Yasinskas' article on Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1

burger40

Hall of Famer

: March 01, 2010, 01:59:01 AM

The best part of the whole Yasinskas article:

"The Bucs have that guy who can throw it up 70 yards in Freeman and they’re going to try to get him every toy possible because he is the franchise. At very least, Freeman’s going to have some say in who that guy is and, listening to him talk Friday, he’s more of a student of the game than I ever realized. Freeman talked extensively about college players at all positions and sounded a little like a draftnik."

Student of the game! That is music to my ears. I wondered on draft day if we weren't getting a JaMarcus Russell, a guy who has the tools but wasn't going to do the necessary leg work and get down to the details enough to succeed. It was pretty evident by the end of the season that Freeman wasn't that guy but this is a nice cherry on top.

link in case you also want to hear the interview which is on the right side of the web page: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/8470/freeman-doing-some-scouting-for-bucs

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Blake1288

Practice Squad

#1 : March 01, 2010, 02:14:56 AM

Dez Bryant to Tampa? :)

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 01, 2010, 02:51:43 AM

I didn't see the link to the Mike & Mike interview before, thanks. It was a great interview. The kid represents the Bucs and the NFL, in general, very well. Seems to have a very balanced head on his shoulders.

Blake1288

Practice Squad

#3 : March 01, 2010, 02:55:46 AM

I actually met him at an RFC event, didn't realize how tall he was.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#4 : March 01, 2010, 08:22:03 AM

After reading this he kind of hinted the Bucs thinking about taking a WR...at #3

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#5 : March 01, 2010, 08:42:40 AM

That was a good part of a very good article, but this was the best part, lol:

That’s a good thing and talk about the draft wasn’t the only positive thing coming from Freeman. Although team offseason workouts don’t start for nearly another month, Tampa Bay fans will be happy to know that Freeman already has been working (not just scouting) for the last few weeks.

“You take a little break and after about two weeks, I was kind of like, “Man, I’m kind of tired of this. I’m ready to get back into the football mood,'’’ Freeman said. “I’ve started working out with our new quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt and our offensive coordinator (Greg Olson). I’ve been working. I can’t wait for the second season.’’

I love that the kid loves football. He has a passion for it and that passion has him back in the lab, working out, studying film, even scouting the draft for potential teammates. Freeman has more brains and work ethic than most people thought.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 01, 2010, 11:58:37 AM

I love that the kid loves football. He has a passion for it and that passion has him back in the lab, working out, studying film, even scouting the draft for potential teammates. Freeman has more brains and work ethic than most people thought.

Yep, passion for the game is a common trait of all the good ones.

Freeman is one reason (one of the few) to feel optimistic about the future of the Bucs.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 01, 2010, 12:30:13 PM

The best part of the whole Yasinskas article:

"The Bucs have that guy who can throw it up 70 yards in Freeman and they’re going to try to get him every toy possible because he is the franchise. At very least, Freeman’s going to have some say in who that guy is and, listening to him talk Friday, he’s more of a student of the game than I ever realized. Freeman talked extensively about college players at all positions and sounded a little like a draftnik."

Student of the game! That is music to my ears. I wondered on draft day if we weren't getting a JaMarcus Russell, a guy who has the tools but wasn't going to do the necessary leg work and get down to the details enough to succeed. It was pretty evident by the end of the season that Freeman wasn't that guy but this is a nice cherry on top.

link in case you also want to hear the interview which is on the right side of the web page: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/8470/freeman-doing-some-scouting-for-bucs

Great to hear :)

Good stuff Burg. Thanks for sharing!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 01, 2010, 12:32:40 PM

Comment and response on the article:

"Rich in Estero, Fla., writes: Pat, I absolutely loved the piece you did on Josh Freeman! He really is a standup guy (even more than I thought.) A lot of times in the recent years you've been critical of Tampa and rightfully so. This is the kind of article that semi-confirms my thought about the Bucs: We're moving in the right direction, not just to be one-year wonders, but to be perennial contenders. I know Freeman hit a few bumps in the road, but do you see him as being one of the ELITE QBs within the next 3 years? I know it's hard to speculate so far into the future, but give it a shot!

Pat Yasinskas: I think Josh Freeman has a chance to be a very good quarterback, maybe even elite. I think you have to be encouraged by what he showed as a rookie. Sure, he had some rookie moments, but he also made some plays with a bad team around him. With a full offseason and stability on the coaching staff, I look for Freeman to take a big step forward next season. Understandably, people are critical of the Bucs. But Freeman is the focal point of this whole building process, and I think that’s reason enough to be encouraged. As far as Freeman being a “stand-up guy,’’ I always thought he did a good job of carrying himself with the media. After sitting down with him the other day, I was even more impressed than before. He’s poised and engaging and he’s also very genuine. A lot of times when athletes make an appearance, they’re gone as soon as their obligation is over. Freeman stayed around and just chatted with “The Fabulous Sports Babe’’ and me and took pictures with Babe. "

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 01, 2010, 12:37:00 PM

^^^^^^

BBBBUT LUKE99 SAID HE WAS A BUST!

YASTINKAS KNOWS NOTHING

X Factor

Starter
#10 : March 01, 2010, 12:41:00 PM

Yea I went to a few of the open training camp practices, he definetly stood out, he dwarfed all the other QBs... 

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 01, 2010, 12:51:00 PM

Yea I went to a few of the open training camp practices, he definetly stood out, he dwarfed all the other QBs... 

Yep, being 6'6" will do that to a man.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The best part of Yasinskas' article on Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools