Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ Spiller « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

12thbuc

Starter

: February 28, 2010, 02:58:00 PM

40 time unofficial 4.27  :o

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 28, 2010, 03:01:52 PM

I was all over this guy last off-season (no homo) but we probably won't have a chance of drafting him. Shame.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 28, 2010, 03:03:00 PM

we don't need him, we have Carnell ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#3 : February 28, 2010, 03:04:25 PM

Imagine how much he'd help the run game and Freeman with the pass game...plus he can catch our the backfield...too bad there is no way we spend the pick on him...

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 28, 2010, 03:07:32 PM

He ran 4.28 and 4.27...while not quite as fast as Chris Johnson...that's still impressive. I would not be upset if Suh and McCoy go 1 and 2, if we were to trade down and get Spiller. While D-line is our biggest need...we also have no gamebreakers on offense.

Many will argue that you can get a decent back in rounds 4-7. While it's true that you can find a serviceable back, if you look at all the top backs from this past season, only two of the 1,000 yard runners were not taken in rounds 1-3. There were fifteen 1,000 yard runners in the NFL last year. 2 were undrafted...2 were in round 3...and the rest were all taken in rounds 1 or 2.

Granted, there are several backs taken high that don't pan out, but if you want a back in the top half of the NFL...you are going to have to spend a higher pick on them. Another guy I really like is Toby Gerhart, but he's a similar build as the backs we already have. I wouldn't mind looking at him in round 2.

The bottom line is this team needs at least 1 WR, 1 DT, 1 DE, 1 RB, and 1 Safety. I think DT, DE, WR and the RB are our biggest needs. Again, if McCoy and Suh are gone, we can hopefully drop down and get another 2nd round pick. That would allow us to address our 4 biggest needs in the first 2 rounds. A lot will also depend on if we get anything in free agency.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

GoBucs!

Second String

#5 : February 28, 2010, 03:16:35 PM

I hope Gerharts a Buc! No telling what Dominik may do as far as Caddy, Watd and Graham

I'm hoping!!!

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 28, 2010, 03:56:12 PM

Officially Best ran faster than Spiller, I think they just said Spillers official time was 4.37 and Best was 4.35

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 28, 2010, 04:51:46 PM

I'm hearing rumblings that the Bucs are going to you a "SUPER PICK" and get Suh, Berry, Okung, Spiller, Bryant, McClain, and Hayden.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 28, 2010, 08:47:00 PM

I've been on CJ for awhile now...I truly believe he'll be an elite NFL back and one we'll regret passing on.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 28, 2010, 09:12:52 PM

Can I throw my name in the "Biggest CJ Spiller Fan" hat?  I wanted this guy before he was even draft eligible...lol:

I would rather have CJ Spiller...if he comes out.

Seriously, I've followed this kid since his college recruiting days.  The guy is electric.  He was supposed to be in the Gators class with Tebow, Harvin, Spikes, Cunningham, etc., but he switched to Clemson on Signing Day.  Imagine those possibilities in Gainesville.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 28, 2010, 09:28:20 PM

Can I throw my name in the "Biggest CJ Spiller Fan" hat? I wanted this guy before he was even draft eligible...lol:

I would rather have CJ Spiller...if he comes out.

Seriously, I've followed this kid since his college recruiting days. The guy is electric. He was supposed to be in the Gators class with Tebow, Harvin, Spikes, Cunningham, etc., but he switched to Clemson on Signing Day. Imagine those possibilities in Gainesville.
So...does that mean you would spend 3 on him?

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 28, 2010, 09:36:50 PM

Lmao...I hope someone feels the need to want Carnell on their team. Just so we could be done with the guy. I feel bad for the kid, but enough is enough, same with Clayton. He needs the axe as well.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 28, 2010, 09:37:53 PM

Lmao...I hope someone feels the need to want Carnell on their team. Just so we could be done with the guy. I feel bad for the kid, but enough is enough, same with Clayton. He needs the axe as well.
Have to agree with ya.

I am proud of Carnell.  But time for us to have a good team.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 28, 2010, 09:40:40 PM

You just get tired of having a horrible team. We have the money and the ability to go out and get playmakers. People that make things happen. This team has one, maybe 2 on offense? It's old.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 28, 2010, 09:41:05 PM

Like Jay-Z, I'm on to the next one!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ Spiller « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools