Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ Spiller « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 28, 2010, 09:41:51 PM

I actually like our backs.. Graham and Caddy are more than competent to get it done. Blocking is the key.

And on Graham.. I think he comes back with avengence next season.. He hasn't taken a step back at all, and  he'll be a raging bull.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 28, 2010, 10:02:23 PM

I want Curtis Dukes in a few years...he was redshirted last year at Penn State.  Mark that one Biggs.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 28, 2010, 10:07:52 PM

I actually like our backs.. Graham and Caddy are more than competent to get it done. Blocking is the key.

And on Graham.. I think he comes back with avengence next season.. He hasn't taken a step back at all, and  he'll be a raging bull.

How can you be content with our backfield at an average of under 4ypc. I just can't stand settling for average, when we have the opportunity to have greatness.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 28, 2010, 10:11:16 PM

How can you be content with our backfield at an average of under 4ypc.

Because I dont put YPC solely on the backs. It has more to do with the blocking undoubtedly.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 28, 2010, 10:17:22 PM

Well then explain to me why warrick dunn and earnest graham ripped off 4ypc for most of the 2008 season with the same offensive line? It's not the line blocking. It's our backs with horrible vision. EG is still our best back on the team. Yet people in the front office and coaching staff seem to overlook it.

BucsnBoltsFan

Starter
#20 : February 28, 2010, 10:24:29 PM

Well then explain to me why warrick dunn and earnest graham ripped off 4ypc for most of the 2008 season with the same offensive line? It's not the line blocking. It's our backs with horrible vision. EG is still our best back on the team. Yet people in the front office and coaching staff seem to overlook it.

Last years run game failures were in most ways because of the failed transition to the ZBS, having the line drop a significant amount of weight and then bailing on that scheme halfway through the season and going back to the old system for the most part.

Now onto CJ Spiller I am a huge fan of him and would be pleased to have him in the 1st round if both Suh and McCoy are both off the board and we were able to move down and acquire more picks.

Capt Kidd

Starter
#21 : February 28, 2010, 10:29:06 PM

ZBS and Sears was out. Anyone who watched the line could see they didn't open the holes last year as they did the year before.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 28, 2010, 10:32:57 PM

I'm tired of the excuses you guys make for our RB's. It's the lines fault...blah blah blah. The line has not changed in 2 years. Don't give me the it's the line crap. Ever since we drafted Carnell it's been the line, or injuries. Enough IS ENOUGH. How many more 1 yard runs and no gains is it going to take before the light bulb goes off. Or is it the excuse, "caddy needs more carries, he gets better as the game goes on" Well no crap. Shouldn't every back in the NFL if you think about it? I'm sick of it. Get off the guys jock. He's not a good back.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#23 : February 28, 2010, 10:34:49 PM

Love CJ Spiller if we traded back I would be all over him.

If Suh + McCoy are both gone, I would consider him, but it would be tough for me to use 3rd overall on him. However I would take him over Berry.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 28, 2010, 10:35:07 PM

ZBS and Sears was out. Anyone who watched the line could see they didn't open the holes last year as they did the year before.

Zuttah is a better Guard that Sears is. Anyone who watched our backs would see the horrible vision they have. Aside from EG the rest are crap.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#25 : February 28, 2010, 10:36:37 PM

Zuttah is a better Guard that Sears is. Anyone who watched our backs would see the horrible vision they have. Aside from EG the rest are crap.
Zuttah is not a better guard than Sears.

Both the line and the lack of talent at RB are at fault. If you get a more talented back they will have more success than anyone we have on the roster.

The line is adequate IMO. The RB talent is not.

BucsnBoltsFan

Starter
#26 : February 28, 2010, 10:39:48 PM

I'm not making excuses for our RB corp I'm all for upgrading the backfield don't get me wrong. But the fact is last year the ZBS transition failed and we missed Sears greatly. I feel that we have greater needs on the team then RB at this point. DL and WR are much greater needs at this point.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 28, 2010, 10:42:28 PM

Zuttah is not a better guard than Sears.

Both the line and the lack of talent at RB are at fault. If you get a more talented back they will have more success than anyone we have on the roster.

The line is adequate IMO. The RB talent is not.

Thanky you TS. At least I know there are some people here who know what's up. Even though we disagree on the Sears Zuttah assesment. It's clear we get better talent in the backfield the line will look A LOT better. If the line knows they have someone who's not gonna run into their backs all day they're more inclined to block for them knowing their efforts pay off. In reality the lineman should only have to hold his block long enough for the back to hit the hole. In the NFL there aren't any HOLES you have creases, ESPECIALLY in a zone blocking scheme. As a running back you have to anticipate where your cutback lanes are going to be and hit them with authority. You can't half butt it.

BucmaniacSteiner

Practice Squad

#28 : February 28, 2010, 11:04:41 PM

I'm tired of the excuses you guys make for our RB's. It's the lines fault...blah blah blah. The line has not changed in 2 years. Don't give me the it's the line crap. Ever since we drafted Carnell it's been the line, or injuries. Enough IS ENOUGH. How many more 1 yard runs and no gains is it going to take before the light bulb goes off. Or is it the excuse, "caddy needs more carries, he gets better as the game goes on" Well no crap. Shouldn't every back in the NFL if you think about it? I'm sick of it. Get off the guys jock. He's not a good back.

My thoughts exactly!

Let's get an explosive back already...im sick of 1 yard per carry runs.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 28, 2010, 11:09:25 PM

I am actually very pleased you brought up 2008.. Earnest Graham and Warrick Dunn(when both were healthy and active) were establishing a very nice tandem that I believe led the league in rushing the first 3 weeks.. Here are the stats from the games in which they split carries... And why this is relevant is because I am viewing Carnell in the same roll as Warrick Dunn..

Game 1 @ NO
EG 10 carries 91 yards 9.1 YPC
WD 9 carries 54 yards 6.0 YPC

Game 2 Falcons
EG 15 carries 116 yards 7.7 YPC 1 TD
WD 12 carries 49 yards 4.1 YPC 1 TD

Game 3 @ Chicago(the game in which Gruden threw 60 times with Griese)
EG 12 carries 16 yards 1.3 YPC
WD 5 carries 31 yards 6.1 YPC

Game 4 Green Bay
EG 20 carries 111 yards 5.6 YPC 1 td
WD 16 carries 63 yards 3.9 YPC

Game 5 @ Denver
EG 10 carries 59 yards 5.9 YPC
WD 11 carries 74 yards 6.7 YPC

Game 6 Carolina
EG 5 carries 11 yards 2.2 YPC 1 TD
WD 22 carries 115 yards 5.2 YPC

Game 7 Seattle
EG 23 carries 52 yards 2.3 YPC 1 TD
WD 13 carries 37 yards 2.8 YPC

Not to shabby.. They were playing WELL together.. I believe Graham and Caddy can get it done, and to complain about this position is well uhh stupid.. Our Oline, WR, and entire defense is much more of a priority than back..

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ Spiller « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools