Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy's bench was kind of disappointing « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 01, 2010, 08:47:17 AM

McCoy or Suh at #3 overall? Drools...I will be happy with either selection.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 01, 2010, 09:08:56 AM

I just don't buy that McCoy is even close to as good as Suh.  McCoy is ok, but Suh is a monster.

I'll somewhat agree you with you here. McCoy is better than Ok. He is very good and has a good chance to be one of the best DT's in the league. Suh is great and has the potential to be the best DT ever.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 01, 2010, 09:57:27 AM

I am telling you guys this guy is going to be a BUST.

I seriously want to know how you go from saying "McCoy is better than Suh" to "McCoy is going to be BUST" in a matter of a few months?  It's a serious question, Ryan.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 01, 2010, 10:03:10 AM

Pierre-Paul only got 19.

skip

Starter

#19 : March 01, 2010, 10:03:40 AM

I just don't buy that McCoy is even close to as good as Suh.  McCoy is ok, but Suh is a monster.
Agreed

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#20 : March 01, 2010, 10:30:23 AM

It concerns me, however not that much. McCoy is a pass rusher, I didn't expect him to blow people out of the water with his strength. IMO his case will be made in all of the quickness drills.

Suh too me is the best player in this draft, should he fall to us it would be perfect, however McCoy would be the best pick should Suh be gone.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 01, 2010, 11:14:16 AM

By the way Miller had 6 more tackles last season than Sapp did his rookie year.

Wow.  So Miller must be better than Sapp then.   No need to draft a DT in that case.   Either that or stats can be spun to make a mediocre player like Miller look better than he really is.

i think his point is that miller's stats in limited action might indicate that we've found a guy who can hold the point of attack and get after the runner. if that's the case, then mccoy won't be the guy getting the double teams.

suh's the guy you pick if both are on the board, but i think we're starting to overstate flaws of both players already, and there are still almost 2 months of overanalysis to go

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 01, 2010, 11:20:35 AM

Yeah, in the 4th quarter when it's time to bench press 225 I'm afraid McCoy won't be able to handle it.

I want the guy who can press 225 40 times, not the guy who can actually play football.

Buc Wit Me

Starter

#23 : March 01, 2010, 11:32:31 AM

LOL,keep on bucn

If we get one of the two we will have  solid pick,although i want Suh!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 01, 2010, 11:39:20 AM

Yeah, in the 4th quarter when it's time to bench press 225 I'm afraid McCoy won't be able to handle it.

I want the guy who can press 225 40 times, not the guy who can actually play football.

In the 4th quarter when the Panthers are hammering their running back up the middle for the 20th consecutive time, you'll be wishing you had a guy playing DT who wasn't a sissy.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 01, 2010, 11:52:09 AM

now mccoy is a sissy? he's still widely considered to be one of the 3 best players coming out of one of the best drafts in league history.

i really hate all the pre-draft hyperbole, positive and negative.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 01, 2010, 11:55:59 AM

McCoy had a nice long jump 9'6" which shows his lower body explosion. That's on par with athletic DEs and LBs. Not sure what Suh did.

I still think Suh is a FAR better prospect.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 01, 2010, 11:56:06 AM

but still insists that McCoy is even better because he is more disruptive in the passing game.

The Bucs defensive problems are not defending the pass, they are defending the run up the middle.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 01, 2010, 11:58:29 AM

In the 4th quarter when the Panthers are hammering their running back up the middle for the 20th consecutive time, you'll be wishing you had a guy playing DT who wasn't a sissy.

I don't think sissy is the proper adjective.

Yeah, there is no room for someone to improve their strength once they get to the NFL.

Suh is the preference but if McCoy falls to 3 it would be just fine.

I'd rather have Spiller though

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#29 : March 01, 2010, 12:00:14 PM

I don't think sissy is the proper adjective.

Yeah, there is no room for someone to improve their strength once they get to the NFL.

Suh is the preference but if McCoy falls to 3 it would be just fine.

I'd rather have Spiller though

I agree.. Suh number 1... however I would take McCoy over Spiller.... Spiller could definitely be my number 3 option though.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy's bench was kind of disappointing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools