Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Berry « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

kjbugman

Starter

: March 02, 2010, 02:07:06 PM

5'11.5 inches
211 lbs
Safety
University of Tennessee

4.47 40 yard dash
43 inch vertical
10'10 broad jump
19 bench reps

Played in Our system.

Top 3 player in the draft Universally

Three sound good???

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#1 : March 02, 2010, 02:09:33 PM

*Played his worst year in our system.

buccnation

Starter
#2 : March 02, 2010, 02:11:05 PM

He played all over the field and 4 different positions his senior year. Cut him some slack. Hes the leader we need on this defense unless Suh or Mccoy fall.

Lovin the Lovie

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#3 : March 02, 2010, 02:12:43 PM

He played all over the field and 4 different positions his senior year. Cut him some slack. Hes the leader we need on this defense unless Suh or Mccoy fall.
His main position was SS... the position we would need him to play.

No, I don't think I will cut him some slack. Much better options IMO then taking a FS with the 3rd pick.

buccnation

Starter
#4 : March 02, 2010, 02:26:32 PM

Eric Berry
5'11

Troy Polamalu
5'10

And the best SS in the NFL? Ill take Berry all day at #3 he will give us the best young safety combo in the NFL.

Lovin the Lovie

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#5 : March 02, 2010, 02:29:37 PM

Eric Berry
5'11

Troy Polamalu
5'10

And the best SS in the NFL? Ill take Berry all day at #3 he will give us the best young safety combo in the NFL.
Did I say he was too small to be a SS? Please point that part of my post out.

He played in this system as a SS last year, he was not nearly as effective, and not nearly as much of a playmaker. He is better as a center-fielder, same as Tjack. There are better options IMO for this team instead of Berry. Now if we trade down I would consider him, but at number 3 it doesn't make sense to me.

buccnation

Starter
#6 : March 02, 2010, 02:32:34 PM

Did i say that you said that? My post doesnt have your name in it at all.

Lovin the Lovie

jeanclaudtransam

Starter

#7 : March 02, 2010, 02:36:26 PM

Are we really about to make Berry the highest paid safety in the league to play the position he struggled in college last year? As was said, I like Berry too but not at #3. However, IF Suh and McCoy are gone and IF we are simply unable to trade down, he's probably not any worse on value than our other options. That said, I hope we'd take Dez Bryant there.

buccnation

Starter
#8 : March 02, 2010, 02:38:52 PM

Come on ts lol no hard feelings here we just have different opinions on the guy which is fine who do you want at #3 if both DT's are gone?

Lovin the Lovie

buccnation

Starter
#9 : March 02, 2010, 02:40:13 PM

I wanna see Dez Bryants pro day before i pick him over Berry, I am a HUGE bryant fan but with almost a year off from football i wanna see how he looks and runs.

Lovin the Lovie

kjbugman

Starter

#10 : March 02, 2010, 02:43:32 PM

Has anybody else noticed most Defensive Backs have there stats fluctuate after a VERY explosive year? People throw the ball away from you.

And, I am willing to bet that if we matched up Dez Bryant with Berry Covering him, berry would lock him down. You have to work out in the combine to be a top 5 pick (at a skill position)

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

Kgoose320

Second String

#11 : March 02, 2010, 02:51:29 PM

Everyone wants to talk trash about how he had his worst year in "our system", yet im pretty sure they had him playing in the box most of the season, I know that if we pick someone else and they don't pan out, we're gonna have threads in a couple years saying "and to think we coulda had Eric Berry". Im all for either of the tackles but Berry has to be taken if we cant trade down from the 3 spot and Suh and McCoy are gone.

Boomin Buc 36

Practice Squad

#12 : March 02, 2010, 03:04:45 PM

Everyone wants to talk trash about how he had his worst year in "our system", yet im pretty sure they had him playing in the box most of the season, I know that if we pick someone else and they don't pan out, we're gonna have threads in a couple years saying "and to think we coulda had Eric Berry". Im all for either of the tackles but Berry has to be taken if we cant trade down from the 3 spot and Suh and McCoy are gone.

yep,  I agree. 

jeanclaudtransam

Starter

#13 : March 02, 2010, 03:15:25 PM

You say "yet they had him in the box" like that's not exactly where he'd be playing here.

X Factor

Starter
#14 : March 02, 2010, 03:20:31 PM

You say "yet they had him in the box" like that's not exactly where he'd be playing here.

Exactly why you don't take him at 3....

Mike Williams by Xfactor32, on Flickr
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Berry « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools