Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Woman takes over as head coach of HS varsity football team « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#30 : March 14, 2010, 03:36:27 PM

How could I play hard for her? She never put the pads on in her life, she doesnt know the struggle we have to go through working out every day, running hard every day and hittin every day. She cant get on the field and say she practiced what she now preached.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 14, 2010, 04:07:22 PM

How could I play hard for her? She never put the pads on in her life, she doesnt know the struggle we have to go through working out every day, running hard every day and hittin every day. She cant get on the field and say she practiced what she now preached.

I don't believe John Gruden had exactly what you would deem to be a stellar playing career. At times it does help if you have been there and done that, but sometimes people are just good at what they do. If this woman is up to the job let her live or die by her results.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 14, 2010, 04:38:22 PM

that is an attitude problem, I would play hard for myself, if nothing more...

are you saying that you wouldn't play your best just because you wouldn't respect your coach?

what about your team, what about your self-dignity?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 14, 2010, 05:15:03 PM

She never put the pads on in her life, she doesnt know the struggle we have to go through working out every day, running hard every day and hittin every day. She cant get on the field and say she practiced what she now preached.

She never put on the pads? LMAO! Try reading about the woman before making ignorant comments.

From an earlier post...

One of the reasons she gets respect is because she knows the game and has had the opportunity to play it. Not only does she teach environmental sciences at Woodson, she also just completed her third season as a wide receiver for the D.C. Divas of the National Women's Football Association. The Divas went 10-0 to claim the 31-team league's 2006 championship in July.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 14, 2010, 05:29:33 PM

playing hard is one thing, I'd play hard no matter who was the coach, but the respect thing is going to be a tough hurdle.

Why? Because she doesn't have a penis?

Are you telling me there were no male applicants that were better than her?

That's what they're telling you. Glad you finally figured it out.

Once again...

One person, according to a committee member, stood out. She was stunningly different, and not just because she was a she. Her presentation went into specific details about tutorial programs and after-school mentoring, about raising GPAs and improved SAT prep classes, as well as winning football games. "She blew us away," the search committee member said. "It wasn't close. A couple of minutes into her presentation it was like: 'Okay, it's a wrap. She's the one.' "

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#35 : March 14, 2010, 05:45:29 PM

She played in a womens league. She isnt playing against men like we do, and this isnt about sexism in life this is a football field. Dudes literally tryin to kill each other. You guys are being naive and some of you are showing just how much you truly know about the game if you think a team full of men is going to follow the lead of a woman. Not going to happen. I know the teams I played on would have had her running out of the weight room within 3 days of her taking over.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 14, 2010, 05:51:42 PM

She played in a womens league. She isnt playing against men like we do, and this isnt about sexism in life this is a football field. Dudes literally tryin to kill each other. You guys are being naive and some of you are showing just how much you truly know about the game if you think a team full of men is going to follow the lead of a woman. Not going to happen. I know the teams I played on would have had her running out of the weight room within 3 days of her taking over.

I do NOT think they are going to follow her lead.  They will not respect her no matter what anyone says.  She will fail, simple as that.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#37 : March 14, 2010, 05:58:03 PM

I do NOT think they are going to follow her lead.  They will not respect her no matter what anyone says.  She will fail, simple as that.

I could see her team having success depending on the talent level there and if they have an easy schedule. I would play my hardest for my boys around me, but she would get tuned out pretty fast by the entire team.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 14, 2010, 05:58:39 PM

I dont know...have you seen some women's soccer matches? They're pretty brutal and they can play dirty.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 14, 2010, 06:10:03 PM

Out there trying to kill each other? Really Awi? Really?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 14, 2010, 06:43:13 PM

dude's clueless, but he's a kid so you give him a little slack.  sad part is the adult who is supposed to be teaching young people.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 14, 2010, 06:47:27 PM

Hillsborough High School in Tampa had a female coach for its boys basketball team this past season.  They finished 18-5 and her players were very complimentary of her.

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#42 : March 14, 2010, 07:03:08 PM

We would have more women in coaching if high schools instituted a 'Rooney Rule,' forcing them to interview more women for these positions.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#43 : March 14, 2010, 07:35:17 PM

Yes, killin each other. If you arent trying to physically dominate your opponent then what are you doing on the field? You gotta take the mentality that the man across from you is trying to kill you and you gotta do what you can to survive.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#44 : March 14, 2010, 07:36:22 PM

dude's clueless, but he's a kid so you give him a little slack.  sad part is the adult who is supposed to be teaching young people.

I'm a clueless kid, eh?

Thats funny.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Woman takes over as head coach of HS varsity football team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools