Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, Nick Walter rips Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: March 04, 2007, 11:50:58 AM

The Bradenton Herald did a pro/con piece on the Bucs signing Garcia and trading for the rights to Plummer. Nick Walter kicked it off with this:

Did the Bucs need Garcia and Plummer?

YES

The only thing Chris Simms has proven in his brief NFL career is that, simply put, he's not NFL material.

At 6-foot-5, he shouldn't have so many passes batted down by linemen. He has a low release point and short-arms passes. Moreover, he's immobile - something that's becoming a severe liability in the NFL, unless you're Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Simms makes hair-brained decisions and, at 26, his mechanics are habitual and not fixable.

Plus, there's no telling how Simms will rebound from his ruptured spleen.

It's time to forget his rifle arm and give up on the golden-haired quarterback.

Bring in the vets.

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/sports/16829870.htm

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : March 04, 2007, 11:55:20 AM

What a true piece of crap. This idiot knows nothing about football.

#2 : March 04, 2007, 11:56:19 AM

He's right.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 04, 2007, 11:57:18 AM

slow release

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 04, 2007, 12:00:01 PM

I would not call that a "balanced" take on Simms' but those are his problem areas for sure and they can not be ignored.   Improving the speed of his decision making can be improved upon with more experience which helps in lowering the batted balls issue as well.

His low release point is something that can not be resolved unless he changes his mechanics which is unrealistic at this point.  The shotgun can help with that by changing the trajecotry that the ball takes but it will still be an issue.

His slow release is an issue as well but that can not be changed.  Improving his decision making lessens the impact that his slow release can have but I am not sure how that can be resolved.  I mean the shotgun will not improve his ability to release the ball quickly.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 04, 2007, 12:01:01 PM

I would not call that a "balanced" take on Simms' but those are his problem areas for sure and they can not be ignored.   Improving the speed of his decision making can be improved upon with more experience which helps in lowering the batted balls issue as well.

His low release point is something that can not be resolved unless he changes his mechanics which is unrealistic at this point.  The shotgun can help with that by changing the trajecotry that the ball takes but it will still be an issue.

The truth^^^

#6 : March 04, 2007, 12:02:57 PM

The irony is rich.

#7 : March 04, 2007, 12:03:58 PM

The irony is rich.
LOL, truth

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 04, 2007, 12:07:44 PM

The dude just made karens hit list!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : March 04, 2007, 12:11:07 PM

You don't have to like Simms. Simms may not be the answer, but neither is Garcia. We need a young QB. Shanahan made a brilliant decision last season and so many people don't even realize it.  The Broncos weren't going to the Superbowl with Plummer. He was making more and more bad plays and decisions every week. The Broncos weren't going to the SuperBowl this season with a rookie QB. So what Mike did was sacrifice last season, for which they almost made it to the playoffs, for a legit chance this season. Cutler's learning curve has been accelerated because he started last season. Instead of no chance in '06 and '07, Mike made the right decision that gives them a chance in '07. You have to try and win now, but the future and big picture have to always be the priority unless situations dictate other wise. We are not a team on the cusp that Garcia will push over the edge. Did we not learn anything from the Brad Johnson situation in Minnesota? How many membrs here were crying 2 years ago for letting Brad go when he won some games in Minny? What happened last season?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 04, 2007, 12:15:18 PM

Yet playing Grads over Rattay last year was horrible.

#11 : March 04, 2007, 12:16:30 PM

You don't have to like Simms. Simms may not be the answer, but neither is Garcia. We need a young QB. Shanahan made a brilliant decision last season and so many people don't even realize it. The Broncos weren't going to the Superbowl with Plummer. He was making more and more bad plays and decisions every week. The Broncos weren't going to the SuperBowl this season with a rookie QB.

So what are you advocating?  Do you think Simms is the answer OR should we sacrifice next season and draft a QB?

We could roll with Simms again, and he might regress like he has so many times in his NFL and college careers.  Then next year we might have to think about sacrificing the 2008 season.

Max Power

Starter

#12 : March 04, 2007, 12:19:41 PM

I would not call that a "balanced" take on Simms' but those are his problem areas for sure and they can not be ignored.   Improving the speed of his decision making can be improved upon with more experience which helps in lowering the batted balls issue as well.

His low release point is something that can not be resolved unless he changes his mechanics which is unrealistic at this point.  The shotgun can help with that by changing the trajecotry that the ball takes but it will still be an issue.

His slow release is an issue as well but that can not be changed.  Improving his decision making lessens the impact that his slow release can have but I am not sure how that can be resolved.  I mean the shotgun will not improve his ability to release the ball quickly.

QFT

This writer may be right on in his criticisms but I don't see any reason to give up on Chris. He's accurate on most of his routes and has a strong arm so he's got more then a lot of NFL QB's already.

The batted passes don't bother me as much as his inability to go through his progressions. He needs to stop locking on to receivers like theres only one WR on the field. He needs to improve his timing and accuracy on the slants and short/mid level out routes big time. Those routes are the bread and butter of a WCO.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : March 04, 2007, 12:25:19 PM

You don't have to like Simms. Simms may not be the answer, but neither is Garcia. We need a young QB. Shanahan made a brilliant decision last season and so many people don't even realize it. The Broncos weren't going to the Superbowl with Plummer. He was making more and more bad plays and decisions every week. The Broncos weren't going to the SuperBowl this season with a rookie QB.

So what are you advocating?  Do you think Simms is the answer OR should we sacrifice next season and draft a QB?

We could roll with Simms again, and he might regress like he has so many times in his NFL and college careers.  Then next year we might have to think about sacrificing the 2008 season.
Simms or Carr, or trade for a young talented QB. Simms or any other QB could struggle next season and finish 7-9. maybe Garcia gets us to 9-7. What do those 2 extra wins mean? How do those 2 extra wins help us in '08, '09, '10. What is Garcia really going to do to help this franchise? Maybe Grads is the future. What type of experience will he be gaining next season.? We are a 4-12 team. Everything has to fall in the right place to be the '99 Rams.

#14 : March 04, 2007, 12:32:27 PM

Piece of crap? what did he say that wasn't true?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, Nick Walter rips Chris Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools