Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, Nick Walter rips Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 04, 2007, 12:33:46 PM

Abuccs is right. Garcia is nothing but a short term answer at best. He probably has 2 years left at max. If we get Carr or start Simms then Garcia would be a good mentor and could help them out but for him to be our starter would be pointless. There is no way that anyone can say that sigining Garcia will help us 2 years down the road. I don't know about you guys but for once I want this team to have a long term answer at QB not a different QB every year.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 04, 2007, 12:34:56 PM

We need to draft QB in  the first. Let Garcia start the first 10 games and turn it over to the rookie. Just like Cutler he learns and is ready for the next season. It's not like we are going to the SB anyways next season. Trade Simms now for whatever we can get. He's not the answer now or ever. I'm glad to see a reporter actually come out and write what most of us already know.

#17 : March 04, 2007, 12:37:54 PM

Simms or Carr, or trade for a young talented QB. Simms or any other QB could struggle next season and finish 7-9. maybe Garcia gets us to 9-7. What do those 2 extra wins mean? How do those 2 extra wins help us in '08, '09, '10. What is Garcia really going to do to help this franchise? Maybe Grads is the future. What type of experience will he be gaining next season.? We are a 4-12 team. Everything has to fall in the right place to be the '99 Rams.

Carr intrigues me because he has all the tools for the WCO.  Maybe the lights will come on all of a sudden for Simms, and he will become a good WCO QB.  If is so frustrating, we have a QB with a great physique and raw talent with all the wrong intangibles for the WCO, and then we have a QB that is less than perfect in terms of size and talent but he seems to have the intangibles for Gruden's offense........so frustrating.   :(

Maybe the addition of an high energy enthusiastic WCO like Garcia will elevate Simms's game....we can only hope.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#18 : March 04, 2007, 12:38:30 PM

What a true piece of crap. This idiot knows nothing about football.

Piece of crap? what did he say that wasn't true?
TYhe fact that he thinks that Garcia or Plummer is the answer for this team proves to me he knows nothing. Its too bad because we aren't really attempting to build for the future here.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 04, 2007, 12:40:36 PM

Carr and simms are the same guy.

Carr is in year 6 and he's nothing.  Simms is in year 4 and he's nothing. Bad news, year 5 is like prime friggin' time for QB's.  If Simms was gonna be god he'd have been good by now. Same for Carr. Both guys are in the prime of their careers and they're not really front line NFL QB's.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 04, 2007, 12:40:46 PM

TYhe fact that he thinks that Garcia or Plummer is the answer for this team proves to me he knows nothing.

Really? I'm trying to find where he wrote:

"Garcia or Plummer are the answer for this team".

But I just can't seem to find it. Can you quote that part of his commentary here, please?

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 04, 2007, 12:41:01 PM

What a true piece of crap. This idiot knows nothing about football.

Piece of crap? what did he say that wasn't true?
TYhe fact that he thinks that Garcia or Plummer is the answer for this team proves to me he knows nothing. Its too bad because we aren't really attempting to build for the future here.

You make an assumption there with nothing to back it.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#22 : March 04, 2007, 12:44:09 PM

Carr and simms are the same guy.

Carr is in year 6 and he's nothing.  Simms is in year 4 and he's nothing. Bad news, year 5 is like prime friggin' time for QB's.  If Simms was gonna be god he'd have been good by now. Same for Carr. Both guys are in the prime of their careers and they're not really front line NFL QB's.
So players surroundings have nothing to do with anything? Culpepper? How about Kurt Warner? Simms is still a question mark, but I think most would agree that Carr would have a ring if he was drafted by the Patriots.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 04, 2007, 12:45:13 PM

TYhe fact that he thinks that Garcia or Plummer is the answer for this team proves to me he knows nothing.

Really? I'm trying to find where he wrote:

"Garcia or Plummer are the answer for this team".

But I just can't seem to find it. Can you quote that part of his commentary here, please?

The "bring on the vets" says it all along with the "Garcia knows how to lead a team). With that being said, Garcia only knows how to lead a ready made team not a struggling one with a piece of crap offense. Of course he is not going to come right out and say it, he will straddle the fence. I do wonder though if he will publicly admit he is wrong if Simms does take over for Garcia at one point this year and wins a few games? Ohh well it doesn't really matter, Garcia is already the starter

#24 : March 04, 2007, 12:46:19 PM

What is there to publically admit? That Garcia gave Simms good advice?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 04, 2007, 12:46:50 PM

Simms is still a question mark, but I think most would agree that Carr would have a ring if he was drafted by the Patriots.

Well I certainly can't agree with that, except perhaps if he ended up second string behind Brady. Not that I don't think Carr can't do it, I simply don't know. So I can't make an assumption that he'd be a championship QB on another team.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 04, 2007, 12:48:19 PM

Ohh well it doesn't really matter, Garcia is already the starter

As he probably should be. If Simms wins the job on his own merits, then all the better for Simms. I'll cheer for this team whoever the starting QB might be. And having Garcia here only HELPS Simms, it doesn't hurt him.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 04, 2007, 12:51:19 PM

Most would agree that Carr would have a ring if drafted by the Patriots?

I agree.

If Carr was drafted by the Patriots AND Brady was drafted in a later round
by the Pats...

And Brady started and Carr remained on the bench...

then, I agree, Carr would have a ring.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 04, 2007, 12:52:27 PM

As he probably should be. If Simms wins the job on his own merits, then all the better for Simms. I'll cheer for this team whoever the starting QB might be. And having Garcia here only HELPS Simms, it doesn't hurt him.
I still say it needs to be an open battle in TC. Handing the job to Garcia will only make him work a little less and we will see Garcia of Lions/Browns. Not Garcia 49ers.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#29 : March 04, 2007, 12:52:45 PM

Hurts Simms if they are close in play, and Garcia gets the nod.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, Nick Walter rips Chris Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools