Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, Nick Walter rips Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 04, 2007, 12:54:55 PM

Hurts Simms if they are close in play, and Garcia gets the nod.

Nope, unless you think Simms is a quitter. If so, then yes, otherwise, Garcia is the best thing that's happened to him whether Garcia starts or he does.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 04, 2007, 12:58:28 PM

We haven't even had the trainning camp competition yet!  Why on earth would you give up on a 26 year old QB that no one even knows if he's starting yet?  I could see giving up on him if he were costing us a fortune and he was supposed to be the savior of the franchise.  But as of now, he's reasonably payed and could be an experienced backup.  The idea of giving up on a reasonably payed backup who the whole team likes is ridiculous!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#32 : March 04, 2007, 12:59:01 PM

Hurts Simms if they are close in play, and Garcia gets the nod.

Nope, unless you think Simms is a quitter. If so, then yes, otherwise, Garcia is the best thing that's happened to him whether Garcia starts or he does.
Simms or whomever will get more help playing on the field than anything Garcia can discuss with them on the sideline. All  Garcia will be doing is stealing valuable snaps away from a young QB.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 04, 2007, 01:02:21 PM

Simms or whomever will get more help playing on the field than anything Garcia can discuss with them on the sideline. All  Garcia will be doing is stealing valuable snaps away from a young QB.

Well, if you actually, seriously believe that then there's no reason to continue discussing it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 04, 2007, 01:18:19 PM

Most would agree that Carr would have a ring if drafted by the Patriots?

I agree.

Hell and no. Carr is the problem in HOU not the victim. He's Rob John. Would Rob John have a ring if he was in NE? No. Neither would Carr.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 04, 2007, 01:20:16 PM

Robosack has a ring. :P

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 04, 2007, 01:23:26 PM

Rohan Davey has two....

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 04, 2007, 01:23:47 PM

Ok, well if the question isn't "If he was starting,...." then you are correct, anyone can get a ring ;)

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 04, 2007, 01:25:13 PM

Carr and simms are the same guy.

Carr is in year 6 and he's nothing.  Simms is in year 4 and he's nothing. Bad news, year 5 is like prime friggin' time for QB's.  If Simms was gonna be god he'd have been good by now. Same for Carr. Both guys are in the prime of their careers and they're not really front line NFL QB's.
So players surroundings have nothing to do with anything? Culpepper? How about Kurt Warner? Simms is still a question mark, but I think most would agree that Carr would have a ring if he was drafted by the Patriots.

Any one who has any knowledge on the NFL knows that QB's change in the playoffs. Brady has proved he can play in the playoffs. Carr hasn't even came close to sniffing the playoffs let alone make them. So to say that Carr would have a ring playing for the Patriots is ridiculous. Brady is the biggest reason the Pats went good.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 04, 2007, 01:26:23 PM

I've never had a problem with Simms' mobility. I always thought he moves around pretty well.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#40 : March 04, 2007, 01:48:42 PM

Carr and simms are the same guy.

Carr is in year 6 and he's nothing.  Simms is in year 4 and he's nothing. Bad news, year 5 is like prime friggin' time for QB's.  If Simms was gonna be god he'd have been good by now. Same for Carr. Both guys are in the prime of their careers and they're not really front line NFL QB's.
So players surroundings have nothing to do with anything? Culpepper? How about Kurt Warner? Simms is still a question mark, but I think most would agree that Carr would have a ring if he was drafted by the Patriots.

Any one who has any knowledge on the NFL knows that QB's change in the playoffs. Brady has proved he can play in the playoffs. Carr hasn't even came close to sniffing the playoffs let alone make them. So to say that Carr would have a ring playing for the Patriots is ridiculous. Brady is the biggest reason the Pats went good.
Clueless again. Check out Brady's stat line's in '01. Defense and special teams are why the pats went to the SuperBowl in '01. Bledsoe saved them in the AFc Champ game when Brady tweaked his ankle, and Martz's stubbornness toward passing and not utilizing Faulk in the SB is why they won in '01. Brady played more games than just the Snowbowl. He wasn't great in a ot of those games in '01.

#41 : March 04, 2007, 01:49:13 PM

What about 2003 or 2004?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 04, 2007, 01:49:32 PM

I've never had a problem with Simms' mobility. I always thought he moves around pretty well.

His mobility is adversely affected by his decision-making process. Sometimes it takes him too long to recognize the fact that he's got to move, and then it's too late. On those instances where he makes a quick decision to move, he does okay. Not great, but okay.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#43 : March 04, 2007, 01:53:16 PM

What about 2003 or 2004?
Because he was young and had time to play and learn. Brady = our young QB. Bledsoe = Garcia. Belichick knew they weren't going anywhere in the future with Bledsoe so he made the same tough choice Shanahan did. It worked. You don't bench your young learning QB's for a 37 year old QB.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 04, 2007, 01:55:01 PM

Because he was young and had time to play and learn. Brady = our young QB. Bledsoe = Garcia. Belichick knew they weren't going anywhere in the future with Bledsoe so he made the same tough choice Shanahan did. It worked. You don't bench your young learning QB's for a 37 year old QB.

Whoa. Sorry, but you can drop all those equal signs there.

Brady > our young QB.
Garcia > Bledsoe.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, Nick Walter rips Chris Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools