Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2010 Tampa Bay Rays Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 249

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#15 : June 02, 2010, 10:09:40 PM

Also we have to find some way to keep Soriano.. The man is a beast..

Agreed.  He's worth a 3-4 year deal at $8-10 M per year.  Although he keeps performing this well, he might push himself out of the Rays budget.
Rays win!  But one thing I recall that John Smoltz said about Soriano to Duimig: said he is lights out in a contract year but in Smoltzie's opinion Soriano could be complacent with a big contract.  Maybe being in the ATL is different then Tampa, but it is something to think about as Smoltz would have no reason to say this about Soriano unless there is a bit of fact there unless Smoltz was a "bitterman".....  Just what I heard.  Right now Soriano is perfect, again tonight in fact despite BJ botching a catch..... 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : June 02, 2010, 10:14:25 PM

Also we have to find some way to keep Soriano.. The man is a beast..

Agreed.  He's worth a 3-4 year deal at $8-10 M per year.  Although he keeps performing this well, he might push himself out of the Rays budget.
Rays win!  But one thing I recall that John Smoltz said about Soriano to Duimig: said he is lights out in a contract year but in Smoltzie's opinion Soriano could be complacent with a big contract.  Maybe being in the ATL is different then Tampa, but it is something to think about as Smoltz would have no reason to say this about Soriano unless there is a bit of fact there unless Smoltz was a "bitterman".....  Just what I heard.  Right now Soriano is perfect, again tonight in fact despite BJ botching a catch..... 

That's always a possibility but Soriano's been pretty consistent throughout his career, contract-year or not.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 18, 2010, 10:57:51 PM

Howell could miss the entire season:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/node/25643

At least Choate has been performing much, much better lately.  They will still probably be looking for another bullpen lefty in the trade market.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 02, 2010, 10:19:41 PM

What a nice finish to an odd game.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 02, 2010, 10:20:50 PM

Ah, we went through this crap last year.  BJ loafed.  This is the first time this year it was extremely noticeable, and it cost his team a run.  He made a great play after that, so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Your right we did go through this crap.  BJ "loafed", but we don't worry about any one else on the field.  Kapler stops running = no mention.    Nobody else "jogs" for a ball in the gap or down the line or whatever ... just BJ.   The guy took third on the error ....  had nothing to do with anyone loafing, but hey why let facts get in the way.   The bias towards Upton is glaringly obvious

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 03, 2010, 04:37:20 PM

The Rays were drilled by the O's 12-2 in the first Spring Training game.

Some good news is Sean Rodriquez hit a HR in his first at bat, on his first swing.  Personally, I want to see him win the 2B job with Zobrist in RF.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#21 : March 03, 2010, 04:40:56 PM

Bad and nice at the same time.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 03, 2010, 04:51:08 PM

I would love to see us give Rodriguez a chance at 2B and see what a combination of Zobrist and Joyce would do in RF.  Screw Ruggiano - how many time does this guy need to show he is not very good and same with Reid Brignac.  We need to sign Carl Crawford long-term, sign Jason Bartlett long-term, trade BJ for as much as we can get and let Desmond Jennings slide into CF, not LF.  Our pitching is fine with Shields, Garza, Niemann (not a real big fan of him but still decent as a #3, #4 or #5), Davis and Price.  Still happy we got rid of the head-case in Kazmir and too bad we couldn't have kept Edwin Jackson.  I also say lets see what Pena can do before we look long-term with him as yeah he is a stud defensively and he can hit HR's but his .230 average is ridiculous.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 03, 2010, 04:55:37 PM

Like the Rays but I'm a bigger King of Collapse fan

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 03, 2010, 05:12:45 PM

Rays would be the top dogs in the AL Central and West I think. They get stuck in such a good conference with the BoSox and Yanks. They could go far yet again as long as the pitching stays in good condition.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 03, 2010, 05:18:53 PM

I could see around 15 wins each for Price, Garza, Shields, Niemann and maybe just 10 for Davis so that alone would give us 70 right there but I could then see our bullpen getting another 20+ and I think Soriano will be HUGE as a closer this year.  Now the key question is will the FANS go to the game and stop **CENSORED**ing and whining about the economy and where the field is.  Everybody has been hit by the economy yet look at all the other small market teams still drawing more fans than us!!  Hell I drive over an hour one way so all the Tampa prima-donnas can just shut up!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 03, 2010, 05:57:22 PM

Why would Zobrist split time with Joyce in RF?

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#27 : March 03, 2010, 06:27:10 PM

Predictions Anyone?

I'm thinking Rays win AL East and the World Series.

Longoria breaks through and is AL MVP.

Pitching Staff steps up and BJ breaks through.

For some reason I am highly optimistic this year... much more than usual, I have a lot of confidence in the team this year.

#28 : March 03, 2010, 07:35:59 PM

I had confidence in the Indians that past 2 years. We had a great roster and now we have nothing. Carmona has tanked for some reason, Lee is gone. Pronk blows, Grady is overrated and hopefully wont be a lead off hitter anymore when he strikes out like Top 5 in the MLB.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 03, 2010, 07:39:51 PM

Predictions Anyone?

I'm thinking Rays win AL East and the World Series.

Longoria breaks through and is AL MVP.

Pitching Staff steps up and BJ breaks through.

For some reason I am highly optimistic this year... much more than usual, I have a lot of confidence in the team this year.

Did you see Buster Olney's "Crazy Prediction" was that Wade Davis would win the Cy Young this season?  I found it interesting, but not as funny as Bobby Valentine saying the Mets would hit 200 HR's, after hitting only 95 the year before or Krukie saying Miggy Cabrera will hit .400+.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 249
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2010 Tampa Bay Rays Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools