Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2010 Tampa Bay Rays Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 249

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#30 : March 03, 2010, 07:45:11 PM

Well the Rays need to win this year. With CC and Pena likely to hit the market, they will look much different next year.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#31 : March 03, 2010, 09:55:37 PM

Predictions Anyone?

I'm thinking Rays win AL East and the World Series.

Longoria breaks through and is AL MVP.

Pitching Staff steps up and BJ breaks through.

For some reason I am highly optimistic this year... much more than usual, I have a lot of confidence in the team this year.

Did you see Buster Olney's "Crazy Prediction" was that Wade Davis would win the Cy Young this season?  I found it interesting, but not as funny as Bobby Valentine saying the Mets would hit 200 HR's, after hitting only 95 the year before or Krukie saying Miggy Cabrera will hit .400+.
Wow... no I didn't... very interesting. I mean I think Wade will be pretty good with a whole lot of flashes but damn....

I hope one of our pitchers can step into that Cy Young role.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#32 : March 04, 2010, 04:53:22 AM

Predictions Anyone?

I'm thinking Rays win AL East and the World Series.

Longoria breaks through and is AL MVP.

Pitching Staff steps up and BJ breaks through.

For some reason I am highly optimistic this year... much more than usual, I have a lot of confidence in the team this year.

Third - 19 games behind the NYY, unfortunately.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#33 : March 04, 2010, 04:00:47 PM

Jake McGee had a couple K's out of the BP for one inning......

Would really love him to become an end of the BP type guy for the future.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 04, 2010, 05:22:55 PM

The Rays pulled out a ninth inning win vs. Baltimore today - with S-Rod going yard again.  Keep it up, kid.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 04, 2010, 06:37:18 PM

Friedman is on the top of SI's GM list:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/tim_marchman/03/03/gm.rankings/index.html

1. Andrew Friedman, Tampa Bay Rays

For as much praise as the Rays have received over the last few years, they've probably deserved even more. Over the last three years they've spent just a million dollars per marginal win, the sort of thing that gets baseball wonks to draw hearts around pictures of Friedman. Maybe the best example of their method is the preposterous contract to which they signed Evan Longoria during his first days as a major leaguer -- if the Rays exercise all the options in the contract, they could end up paying him less than $50 million through his age 30 season, which makes him the single most valuable commodity in baseball. Friedman has also won a pennant and maintains one of the game's best farm systems. It may seem absurd to say of a 32-year-old whom few people had heard of a year and a half ago, but he and his braintrust are the best in baseball.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#36 : March 04, 2010, 09:31:22 PM

Rodriguez looks like a find.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 04, 2010, 09:36:02 PM

Rodriguez looks like a find.

Matt Sweeney and Alex Torres aren't no push overs either.

So far it looks like Friedman has worked his magic again.

kbl11

Starter

#38 : March 04, 2010, 10:05:39 PM

anyone know whos pitching tomorrow? going to the game with my pops

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#39 : March 05, 2010, 01:12:14 AM

Friedman is on the top of SI's GM list:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/tim_marchman/03/03/gm.rankings/index.html

1. Andrew Friedman, Tampa Bay Rays

For as much praise as the Rays have received over the last few years, they've probably deserved even more. Over the last three years they've spent just a million dollars per marginal win, the sort of thing that gets baseball wonks to draw hearts around pictures of Friedman. Maybe the best example of their method is the preposterous contract to which they signed Evan Longoria during his first days as a major leaguer -- if the Rays exercise all the options in the contract, they could end up paying him less than $50 million through his age 30 season, which makes him the single most valuable commodity in baseball. Friedman has also won a pennant and maintains one of the game's best farm systems. It may seem absurd to say of a 32-year-old whom few people had heard of a year and a half ago, but he and his braintrust are the best in baseball.

Friedman is one hell of a GM, I hope he is around for a very long time. IMO he is the best in the business...

S-Rod is looking good too! Loving it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 05, 2010, 11:18:13 AM

The Rays are looking at inking Hank Blalock to a minor-league deal:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/node/25145

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 05, 2010, 12:15:38 PM

anyone know whos pitching tomorrow? going to the game with my pops

hellickson starting and I think Price is pitching as well

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 05, 2010, 02:27:53 PM

Find a spot for Sean Rodriguez 3 homeruns in 3 games.. and by the way smacking the Yankees around today on my birthday 4-0 in the 4th inning..

Price looks incredible..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 05, 2010, 02:37:23 PM

He's had a nice start for sure, but it's ST and early ST at that.  He's definitely making a statement for Brignac and Joyce to answer.  Price's line wasn't that impressive really.  Guess he started instead of Hellickson.  my bad

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 05, 2010, 03:01:55 PM

S-Rod's dinger was to dead center field.  The wind helped somewhat, but he still tagged that ball very well.  He was also stinging the ball foul over and over.  He's locked in pretty well.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 249
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2010 Tampa Bay Rays Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools