Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2010 Tampa Bay Rays Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 249

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
: April 29, 2010, 04:18:00 PM

makes sense.   hochever is a righty going for KC today so you go with the lefty bat (navy was terrible from that side of the plate last year) who is also pretty hot right now (navy's been terrible from both sides of the plate this year).  also gives a longer look at him while shoppach is still on the dl.

fyi

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/apr/27/270500/sp-making-an-impression-s/sports-rays/

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 19, 2010, 11:21:11 PM

Benoit is a steal as far as I'm concerned..   

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 02, 2010, 10:03:51 PM

Also we have to find some way to keep Soriano.. The man is a beast..

Agreed.  He's worth a 3-4 year deal at $8-10 M per year.  Although he keeps performing this well, he might push himself out of the Rays budget.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 06, 2010, 11:47:33 AM

Forget bro.. It's all a lie. Just making stuff up. ::)

so you don't have a link? .... thanks for clearing it up

I grew up in Tampa playing ball with a lot of people that played and are still in the bigs I made it pretty far myself... Every now and then you might stumble across good info on a MB that doesn't have links.. You can chose to do what you want with that. The people that know a little bit about what is going on will just sit back and shake their head at you. [banghead]

save it .... If the Rays offer CC more money than anyone else (they probably won't) he'll be a Ray.   MLBPA have no say on when the Rays give players off and when they don't.   And none of that has anything to do with giving guys off on a grass field in Seattle.   

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 06, 2010, 11:39:37 AM

The Rays are going to win a lot of games when their starters give up 2 runs in 8 innings.  Garza has been phenomenal.

A lot of us gave Hickey a bunch of crap last season, but you can see the development of Garza, Niemann, Price, and Davis.  Hickey deserves some credit for that.

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 02, 2010, 09:59:16 PM

Price get's the win and lower's his era.. Also we have to find some way to keep Soriano.. The man is a beast..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 02, 2010, 03:00:42 AM

MLB is having a problem with the umps this year.

Another ump is in trouble for the Houston-Washington game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AqIiVBbNsQTIu1I8L92PyXYRvLYF?slug=ap-oswaltejected-umpire

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#7 : May 11, 2010, 08:44:44 PM

Kazmir will probably have his 1 good start out of 7 against the Rays tonight.
Yeah I'm a little worried about that as well, and if the Rays do shell Kaz the Angels likely will hit Niemann hard and we'll be watching a 10-9 type of game.  Good thing going for the Rays though: they did knock Fuentes around big-time last night, a 3-run 9th has to shake a closer's confidence against a the team who worked him....

kbl11

Starter

#8 : April 07, 2010, 07:33:08 PM

this lineup with S Rod in at DH for Burrell would be a nice everyday lineup to have sooner rather than later

Eventually when Pena is traded we move Joyce into RF, and Zobrist over to 1B

1- Bartllett
2- CC
3- Zobrist
4- Longo
5- Upton
6- Joyce
7- S Rod
8- Shoppach
9- Brignac

You could switch Longo and Zobrist with Upton batting 5th, or just leave it the same. Then when CC is gone (hope he signs), Jennings slots in

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 07, 2010, 07:24:15 PM

Come on Pena W.T.F

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 07, 2010, 07:24:56 PM

Nice catch, Carlos.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#11 : April 07, 2010, 07:23:49 PM

Um, I think it is widely known that he would've been out but got lucky and I think most agree that he shouldn't run through signs... but....

No one posted that today ----but whatever.

No he doesn't.  Foley held the stop sign up exactly like he should.   He wasn't dead out either, he was safe because the LF has no arm and Maddon/Martinez were both smiling and clapping after the play.   Maybe you were watching Royals highlights and got confused.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 07, 2010, 07:19:04 PM

No I said Burrell would have been dead if the catcher caught the ball. I said that Burrell shouldn't have gone against his coach - and I also said Foley needs to make sure he makes sure the runners see his signs better.

Not working, Flo.  What you said that is being argued (Foley needs to be more animated) is there for all to see.

Back to the drawing board at draysbay to see if anyone there backs up your lunacy.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 02, 2010, 09:52:07 PM

last comments on the topic, but the ball was in the gap not straight away CF.

Not even close to the gap.  Overbay's ball hit 8 inches to the right of the yellow Nikon sign in CF.

�BJ wasn't jogging after it anymore than what other OF's are going to "jog" after a ball in the gap or the corner, etc. �Kapler was also "jogging" and stopped. �And without question it is a routine double and the guy doesn't get third if he doesn't bobble the ball ... "loafing" or not. �Now you want to question him trying to grab it with his hand, then that would make sense. � Saying he was "loafing" is just nitpicking.

Ah, we went through this crap last year.  BJ loafed.  This is the first time this year it was extremely noticeable, and it cost his team a run.  He made a great play after that, so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

FortMyersDave

Pro Bowler
#14 : June 02, 2010, 09:52:50 PM

Sorry everyone. I was talking about Joyce in Detroit blowing a blatant call for a perfect game.
Yes you are right, Joyce boned that guy and will be a footnote in baseball almanacs for eternity.  And it is a history robbing moment, but recall we are Rays fans and will discuss how Joyce jammed the Tigers when the Rays overcome this damn Angel Ump and get a series wins over these Jays.  BTW: everyone complaining about attendance in the Trop.  Toronto's crowd looks like a night at the Miami Marlins......   I think 12K average a night vs Tampa in this 3 game series....
Page: 1 2 3 ... 249
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2010 Tampa Bay Rays Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools