Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Caddy Hit 1000 Yards? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

gone

Hall of Famer
« #15 : October 03, 2006, 01:19:19 AM »

Not with Mahan playing RG...
QFT

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #16 : October 03, 2006, 02:06:09 AM »

Since Gradman is gonna be QB, I'm hoping Caddy will get the rock 25+ times a game. Even if he gets measly 3.5 ypc, its still enough to put him over 1000 yds. That said, it will only happen if Gruden rides Caddy like he did the first three games last season, which he should if he wants Gradkowski to have any chance at success.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #17 : October 03, 2006, 06:56:07 AM »

Honestly, all I care about is two things this year. 1) Get the offensive line straight. 2) Get the defensive line straight. Nothing else matters, eveything begins and ends in the trenches.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #18 : October 03, 2006, 08:00:12 AM »

Not with Jeb Terry playing that spot either...

WOW! Chev, are you actually being critical of the O-line?

Anthony Davis and Buenning are O.K., but I agree. Mahan is like a floating toy out in the pool of a thousand screaming children. He gets batted around, in other words.

I am critical of them you guys just don't see it....

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

« #19 : October 03, 2006, 08:29:13 AM »

Folks should be critical of this line.  And every line before it since 1976.

The Bucs have never had what you would call a solid, consistent line in the history of the franchise, and like no KO return for a TD, this is one monkey off the back that will be heaven to see.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #20 : October 03, 2006, 08:40:14 AM »

Critical is one thing stank, nasty, unsubstantiated comments are another...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

« #21 : October 03, 2006, 08:47:35 AM »

One question though Chev....after 30 seasons of waiting, why shouldn't fans be frustrated at this issue?  And frustration brings out the negative in all of us.  You bring in a high-profile guy like Muir that is supposedly the guru of offensive line coaches and what do we get?

So is it coaching or talent?  If it is the former, then the coaches get the blame.  If it is the latter, it still falls on the staff that drafts these fellas or signs the FA's.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #22 : October 03, 2006, 09:00:18 AM »

I like Options line of thinking... QB change = more dedication the run.  He'll get close to 1100

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #23 : October 03, 2006, 09:09:35 AM »

You can be as frustrated as you want to be boss.  That's not my thing to question.  You can be as critical as you want to.  All I'd ask, and I'm sure the guys that you criticize would ask, is to bring more than "they suck".  That's been my whole argument since I've taken up the mantle for these guys.  I'm not even asking you to see what I see. As I miss most of the downfield action whether I'm at the game or watching because I am intently studying their play.  

To answer your second question, if I'm honest, I think it's coaching.  To me it's evident when you have guys that have left here starting with Hochstein and now with Stinky and Fred Flintstone.  You can also throw in Roman Oben, who some may call serviceable at best, but I'll bet they'd love to have him instead of K-dub.  So you not only have a scenario where it's obvious that the teaching has not been as advertised, plus you get into judging talent and it seems to be somewhat suspect as well.  

People want to dig my man AD, but that guy was undrafted and has risen to the starting ranks on hard work and determination.  I'm not sure how much Muir has taught him.  Then you have Buenning, where does he get his prowess from?  He's just two years in.  Wade was solid at once but you can tell age is catching up with him, but Mahan can't beat him for the center position and can't block at guard.  How the heck do we want to put the ball in his hands then as him to block after a clean c/QB exchange?  Then you have K-dub, nuf said.  Although I might add that he's not been horrible this year through three games.

Then just to add a little **CENSORED**e, we never want to give credit to the other team for coming up with a good game plan.  Everybody in the NFL knows we want to run Caddy.  And if we can't run Caddy we want to throw the "quick game" on a three step drop.  Bad thing about that is we have a classic drop back passer who needs the 5 and 7 steps to get all of his reads down in time to make a better decision.  Do we do what we want to do in our playbook or do we cater our playbook to get the most out of the players we have...See M. Vick...

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
« #24 : October 03, 2006, 09:17:26 AM »

The O-line owes you a 48 oz steak at Shula's the way you have backed them Chev. :)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #25 : October 03, 2006, 09:20:12 AM »

The O-line owes you a 48 oz steak at Shula's the way you have backed them Chev. :)

Naw all they owe me is to play better and to silence some of these critics around here.  I'd be happy with a solid run game to be honest.  I'll buy my own staek and grille it during the game.  I'm better than Schula's anyday... ;)

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
« #26 : October 03, 2006, 09:28:29 AM »

Naw all they owe me is to play better and to silence some of these critics around here.  I'd be happy with a solid run game to be honest.  I'll buy my own staek and grille it during the game.  I'm better than Schula's anyday... ;)

Id be happy with them giving Caddy some nice holes to run through as well. I grill a pretty mean steak myself. One of these days Im going to take on that 48 ouncer at Shula's. Its calling me. :P

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #27 : October 03, 2006, 09:31:33 AM »

If Joseph can't go this weekend, start Jeb Terry. Do anything but let Mahan play another game at RG! Maybe instead of trading for a backup QB, we should be looking for a servicable C to replace Wade. Those two are the weakest links along the OL. If Caddy is even going to sniff 1000 yards we have to be able to run out of any formation and to both strong and weaksides! Te team needs Caddy to regain his confidence in the guys up front, once he stops having to think about "plan B" he can hit the hole like its drawn up and make "plan A" successful.

Let's face it, every team with a good to great running game faces 8 and 9 man fronts. The Bucs have to be determined to run the ball and succeed like good rushing offenses do.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #28 : October 03, 2006, 09:32:30 AM »

Chev

The falcons have scripted their entire gameplan around vick for 2 reasons.  He is probably the most physically gifted man to play in this league since Brown, and they are salary cap hand cuffed to him for the next 8 years.  Simms doesnt have either of those things going for him, hence we arent going to rethink our offensive scheming because he cant handle it.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #29 : October 03, 2006, 09:42:12 AM »

with grads rolling out and getting the passing game going cadillac will be back in form,if we can pass then he'll get 1200 at least,but if we can't he'll be lucky to make 800.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Caddy Hit 1000 Yards? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools