Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions trade for DT Corey Williams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 04, 2010, 11:18:50 PM

Is Corey Williams more of the run stuffing type of tackle? Or is he more like McCoy? Plus they will need to protect their franchise QB.

Mccoy type.. He played DE in Cleveland.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 04, 2010, 11:21:19 PM

Is Corey Williams more of the run stuffing type of tackle? Or is he more like McCoy? Plus they will need to protect their franchise QB.

Mccoy type.. He played DE in Cleveland.

...but the Browns have been using him as a run stuffing nose tackle cause they iz dumm.

#17 : March 04, 2010, 11:26:38 PM

Williams is a great UT. I doubt the Lions would spend a first on a Dt when that OL is terrible and they have a major investment in Stafford they need to protect.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 04, 2010, 11:27:20 PM

Are you joking?

Suh had knee surgery in 2005. Since then he has played as physical and powerful as a human being could possible play....and never had one issue with the knee.

Hopefully your not reallt buying into it. Hopefully the Rams and Lions do.

He had another knee surgery in 2008

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 04, 2010, 11:28:37 PM

Williams is a great UT. I doubt the Lions would spend a first on a Dt when that OL is terrible and they have a major investment in Stafford they need to protect.
Keep telling yourself that.

Williams is not the answer.  He is the perfect attempt to stabilize the line, when a guy like McCoy comes their way.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 04, 2010, 11:29:09 PM

Are you joking?

Suh had knee surgery in 2005. Since then he has played as physical and powerful as a human being could possible play....and never had one issue with the knee.

Hopefully your not reallt buying into it. Hopefully the Rams and Lions do.

He had another knee surgery in 2008
Yeah...it really affected his production.

#21 : March 04, 2010, 11:30:37 PM

Williams is not the answer. �He is the perfect attempt to stabilize the line, when a guy like McCoy comes their way.
He will be solid for them. Enough to justify taking a OT at #2. and picking another piece to the DL in round 2. And if they take Mccoy so be it, hopefully Suh is still there :).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 04, 2010, 11:31:27 PM

Williams is not the answer. �He is the perfect attempt to stabilize the line, when a guy like McCoy comes their way.
He will be solid for them. Enough to justify taking a OT at #2. and picking another piece to the DL in round 2. And if they take Mccoy so be it, hopefully Suh is still there :).
Suh is going to the Rams...unless the Rams find a suitable trade partner...think pick 4, or 5...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#23 : March 04, 2010, 11:33:44 PM

When do you think they will address the need to keep their franchise qb off the ground?

#24 : March 04, 2010, 11:34:42 PM

Suh is going to the Rams...unless the Rams find a suitable trade partner...think pick 4, or 5...
Well then we need to just trade down then. No one else is worth the pick at that point considering our needs.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 04, 2010, 11:36:38 PM

Damn, for a late rounder we should have been all over that

His salary is probably too high for the Glazers.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 04, 2010, 11:37:01 PM

When do you think they will address the need to keep their franchise qb off the ground?
He is a rook.  He is going to get hit when you throw him into the mix like that.  He is not making reads as rapidly as he should.

Freeman was getting rocked as well.  Should the BUcs take Okung over Suh if both are there?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 04, 2010, 11:38:19 PM

Think back to last year with Stafford walking around with his throwing arm in a big sling. The Lions taking Okung is a real possibility. The new coach may be a defensive guy, but he knows he can't let Stafford get destroyed or he will be gone.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 04, 2010, 11:38:56 PM

Okung may be the guy I want if Suh is gone.. Not sure yet..

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Doug09

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 04, 2010, 11:40:54 PM

Okung may be the guy I want if Suh is gone.. Not sure yet..

This guy better be Joe Thomas 2.0 if he's going in the top 5. Can anyone say with a shred of certainty that this guy is or is close to Joe Thomas?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lions trade for DT Corey Williams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools