Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer owes Broncos $5.6 mil if he does retire.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 04, 2007, 01:39:51 PM

and according to John Clayton, he has not yet filed his retirement papers

Michael Smith said that Plummer did file his retirment papers.......

Hmm...

It is possible Plummer is bluffing. :D  Things are starting to heat up.

Maybe he filed the papers after the league office was closed on Friday. Technically the papers are filed but technically they aren't.

I was thinking that is the possibility.  I suppose we will find out Monday.  

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 04, 2007, 01:44:47 PM

My understanding is that Plummer faxed his notice in to the league offices late on Friday evening, but they will not be "processed" by the league until regular business hours on Monday.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 04, 2007, 01:54:06 PM

My understanding is that Plummer faxed his notice in to the league offices late on Friday evening, but they will not be "processed" by the league until regular business hours on Monday.
That would make alot of sense because that letter went up on Jake's website sometime Saturday morning I believe.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 04, 2007, 01:55:48 PM

That would make alot of sense because that letter went up on Jake's website sometime Saturday morning I believe.

That's what I was told yesterday by a team contact, anyhow.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 04, 2007, 02:03:55 PM

So how does this help Plummer? He still cant sign with anyone else. He still will owes Denver $5.6 million. The minute he comes out of retirement Denver will trade him again.

What is he trying to accomplish?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 04, 2007, 02:07:19 PM

Plummer is definately caught in a pickle. 

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 04, 2007, 02:13:15 PM

Clearly it's worth $5.6 million and his career to him to NOT play with Gruden! Gruden is the Antichrist and Plummer will be the first of 7.2 billion NFL players over the next thousand years than shun the Gruden name! (snicker snicker)

In Verner We Trust

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 04, 2007, 02:15:01 PM

The Rocky Mountain News has this to say concerning Jake's future: "....he'll embark on a future probably filled with extensive travel, quality time with his serious girlfriend and charitable work, maybe even the Peace Corps in retirement." His mom added: "He needs a break, but I foresee him doing something else. He's a lot like Pat Tillman. Pat would do something unexpected. Jake used to say, 'I wonder what Pat would have done next.' Jake is a lot like Pat. He has that same rebel soul."

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 04, 2007, 02:25:24 PM

Plummer is definately caught in a pickle. 

All he has to do is un-retire, report to Tampa, dink around a month or whatever and then stage a holdout demanding a higher salary, something crazy like $10m per year guaranteed. He keeps the signing bonus because he's not retired, still doesn't play for us, dinks us out of the higher draft pick and forces the trade or release.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 04, 2007, 02:31:40 PM

All he has to do is un-retire

It is not as simple as that.  If Plummer did indeed file his retirement papers they will argue on his behalf that he can not be traded becuase he retired.

Meaning the trade never materialized.

And the Broncos will go after the remaining signing bonus that Plummer owes.  Plummer must be quick and reinstate himself into the league or else the Broncos will come knocking on his door for the money.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 04, 2007, 02:40:15 PM

It is not as simple as that.  If Plummer did indeed file his retirement papers they will argue on his behalf that he can not be traded becuase he retired.
And the Broncos will go after the remaining signing bonus that Plummer owes.  Plummer must be quick and reinstate himself into the league or else the Broncos will come knocking on his door for the money.

Right, but if he did retire he can report to Tampa, per the terms of the trade, DEN has zero recourse and we have to take him. At that point he can do anything he wants in terms of the hold out. There's no retribution possible from either end.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JC510

Practice Squad

#26 : March 04, 2007, 02:41:50 PM

Bucs have Plummer and the Texans by the throat. Lets see how bad Houston wants him.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 04, 2007, 02:49:43 PM

It is not as simple as that. If Plummer did indeed file his retirement papers they will argue on his behalf that he can not be traded becuase he retired.
And the Broncos will go after the remaining signing bonus that Plummer owes. Plummer must be quick and reinstate himself into the league or else the Broncos will come knocking on his door for the money.

Right, but if he did retire he can report to Tampa, per the terms of the trade, DEN has zero recourse and we have to take him. At that point he can do anything he wants in terms of the hold out. There's no retribution possible from either end.

Well this is a case where the player union which is looking at the best interests of the players will work against Jake.  They will say Jake retired and he is a Bronco and that trade should be nullified.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#28 : March 04, 2007, 03:04:51 PM

Not really.  Bruce proved with McCardell that he will deal harshly with holdouts.  I realize that the Bucs did not pay Plumber's bonuses, but by trading value in the form of a draft pick, they should be able to go after that money in a grievance.  The Miami Dolphins set that precedence when they went after Ricky Williams for bonus and incentive money (most of which had been paid by New Orleans) when he abruptly retired.  Miami won then, and if Jake decides to "unretire" and then become a malcontent and stage some sort of hold-out, you can bet that Bruce Allen will use every option available to him.

Until Jake reports to the Bucs, the Broncos hold the cards, and can pursue repayment of his signing bonus money.  Once he reports to the Bucs, the Bucs then assume his contract in full, and then have the ability to seek redress if he fails to fulfill his agreement.

#29 : March 04, 2007, 03:05:21 PM

Not really. Bruce proved with McCardell that he will deal harshly with holdouts. I realize that the Bucs did not pay Plumber's bonuses, but by trading value in the form of a draft pick, they should be able to go after that money in a grievance. The Miami Dolphins set that precedence when they went after Ricky Williams for bonus and incentive money (most of which had been paid by New Orleans) when he abruptly retired. Miami won then, and if Jake decides to "unretire" and then become a malcontent and stage some sort of hold-out, you can bet that Bruce Allen will use every option available to him.

Until Jake reports to the Bucs, the Broncos hold the cards, and can pursue repayment of his signing bonus money. Once he reports to the Bucs, the Bucs then assume his contract in full, and then have the ability to seek redress if he fails to fulfill his agreement.

Hiya Hugh!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Plummer owes Broncos $5.6 mil if he does retire.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools