Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Progress: D.C. Begins Licensing Same-sex Marriages « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#120 : March 08, 2010, 04:44:07 PM

Me, I think gay marriage is sick and unnatural............What galls me more than that is how the gay community constantly draws attention to themselves......as if they have some sense of entitlement.

There are a lot of people who think going to strip clubs is sick and degenerate...

Not in Tampa......

Stunning counter. 

spartan

Hall of Famer
#121 : March 08, 2010, 07:20:09 PM

No idea what you just said.

Joke. Playing off the A*S*S-u-me word play.

Ah, figured it was play on words somehow but didn't put it together. I think that might come under the bit too clever umbrella. With 20/20 not too shabby though.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#122 : March 08, 2010, 07:56:38 PM

Me, I think gay marriage is sick and unnatural............What galls me more than that is how the gay community constantly draws attention to themselves......as if they have some sense of entitlement.

There are a lot of people who think going to strip clubs is sick and degenerate...

Not in Tampa......

I was there for the marathon city council meeting when the six foot (away from a naked dancer) ordinance was voted on and passed. And there were plenty of folks who were in favor it and would have loved for the strip clubs to be closed down. 95% of them were religious folks. They're all over Tampa.

Here's a better idea..........let's close a few hundred churches.........they're on every corner.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#123 : March 08, 2010, 09:07:09 PM

Not in Tampa......

I was there for the marathon city council meeting when the six foot (away from a naked dancer) ordinance was voted on and passed. And there were plenty of folks who were in favor it and would have loved for the strip clubs to be closed down. 95% of them were religious folks. They're all over Tampa.

Here's a better idea..........let's close a few hundred churches.........they're on every corner.

I'm not for closing any chuches but I AM for churches keeping their nose out of the strip clubs. It was ridiculous. On one side of the council hall (it was at the Tampa Convention Center because the crowd was too large for the normal meeting place at city hall) you had the religious folks quoting the Bible and on the other side you had some very intelligent (some going for their masters degree) strippers and some very level headed citizens.

I was really pissed when the ordinance passed. My 1st wife said to me, "Why do you care so much about this subject?" And I told her that, although I don't frequent strip clubs and the ban wouldn't affect me, I thought it was the wrong thing to do and the churches were trying to impose morality on what consenting adults were doing in a private business.

I wasn't somebody who frequented strip clubs. And I'm not gay. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stay quiet if I think those groups (or others) are being screwed over.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#124 : March 08, 2010, 09:39:08 PM

Just keep in perspective.. Not all Christians are the guy walking down the street with the Damn you to hell sign. Those types are not looked upon well.  But Church and Religion will not be put in the corner and told they can only practice religion and talk about religion in their own home.. 

Obamessiah

Pro Bowler

#125 : March 08, 2010, 09:57:09 PM

Church and Religion will not be put in the corner and told they can only practice religion and talk about religion in their own home.. 

That's fine. Just don't come into my home or government and tell me that God has granted you the right to tell me how to live my life and we'll be fine. And stop trying to brainwash my children.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#126 : March 08, 2010, 10:58:15 PM

Church and Religion will not be put in the corner and told they can only practice religion and talk about religion in their own home.. 

That's fine. Just don't come into my home or government and tell me that God has granted you the right to tell me how to live my life and we'll be fine. And stop trying to brainwash my children.

Religion will always be a part of government and Religion will always influence government.  This is a rep. Republic. Of the people..Thats religious and agnostic people.  Sometimes laws will sway on the side of religion and sometimes it wont.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#127 : March 09, 2010, 01:48:14 AM

Me, I think gay marriage is sick and unnatural............

I think ALL marriage is sick and unnatural. I say bring back the good old (Cro-Magnum) days of having as many women as you can club over the head.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#128 : March 09, 2010, 07:50:27 AM

Me, I think gay marriage is sick and unnatural............

I think ALL marriage is sick and unnatural. I say bring back the good old (Cro-Magnum) days of having as many women as you can club over the head.

Actually, that style may be making a come back..........Saw a similar reference on the cover of a magazine a couple weeks ago. According to the expert that wrote the article, women are loving it............Must be those cougars.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#129 : March 09, 2010, 07:59:39 AM

Not in Tampa......

I'm not for closing any chuches but I AM for churches keeping their nose out of the strip clubs. It was ridiculous. On one side of the council hall (it was at the Tampa Convention Center because the crowd was too large for the normal meeting place at city hall) you had the religious folks quoting the Bible and on the other side you had some very intelligent (some going for their masters degree) strippers and some very level headed citizens.

I was really pissed when the ordinance passed. My 1st wife said to me, "Why do you care so much about this subject?" And I told her that, although I don't frequent strip clubs and the ban wouldn't affect me, I thought it was the wrong thing to do and the churches were trying to impose morality on what consenting adults were doing in a private business.

I wasn't somebody who frequented strip clubs. And I'm not gay. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stay quiet if I think those groups (or others) are being screwed over.

Didn't Randy White have a stripper on his staff at WWIC? Now that's my kind of preacher.......lol....

Great post joe........makes a lot of sense.......but, you'll probably get blasted anyway..

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#130 : March 09, 2010, 09:30:57 AM

Just keep in perspective.. Not all Christians are the guy walking down the street with the Damn you to hell sign. Those types are not looked upon well. But Church and Religion will not be put in the corner and told they can only practice religion and talk about religion in their own home..

And what part of the religion tells it's followers to send poser gangsta PM's to posters on bulletin boards?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#131 : March 09, 2010, 09:35:14 AM

Just keep in perspective.. Not all Christians are the guy walking down the street with the Damn you to hell sign. Those types are not looked upon well. But Church and Religion will not be put in the corner and told they can only practice religion and talk about religion in their own home..

And what part of the religion tells it's followers to send poser gangsta PM's to posters on bulletin boards?

What did that PM consist of?

I've exchanged good PMs from Christians on this board but we didn't discuss religion.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#132 : March 09, 2010, 09:38:15 AM

I've exchanged good PMs from Christians on this board but we didn't discuss religion.

Buc Pimpin tried to act all hard with me via PM.  I invited him out to my neck of the woods to settle the matter and never heard from him again.  Maybe THAT's when he found jesus, lmao.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#133 : March 09, 2010, 09:43:12 AM

Buc Pimpin tried to act all hard with me via PM. I invited him out to my neck of the woods to settle the matter and never heard from him again. Maybe THAT's when he found jesus, lmao.

Maybe you'd get a more favorable response if next time you offered to visit him on his turf.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#134 : March 09, 2010, 09:45:31 AM

Or you guys could both come to my turf, so I can watch.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Progress: D.C. Begins Licensing Same-sex Marriages « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools